Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 26, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Memorial Day weekend. Do you have friends or family who gave the ultimate sacrifice in service of their country? Pour one out for them.

I think Sunday and Monday might actually be good yard days and relaxing nights for me. Today and yesterday was all about cleaning the house, organizing my work spaces, and packaging some products. I have a bit more to work on but I'm ready for my first market on Tuesday.

Happy weekend, folks! I want to hear more about @Crown Royal 's adventure into 80s horror with his kid.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Watching Commando, she actually yelled at the TV “NO!!!! You said you’d kill him LAST!!!!

She liked Sully.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pontoon day for us, pool day tomorrow to skip the amateur hour shit show that is the lake on the actual holiday. Watching the boat ramp on those days is hilarious however.

Had to buy a cheap windows laptop so I can start using Forscan, it’s been at least a decade since I’ve bought one and Microsoft has just gotten shittier if that’s possible.

Can’t install Forscan because it’s in S mode? Fuck you Windows. This is infuriating.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Monday might actually be better than Saturday or Sunday because most people go back to work on Tuesday. A few of them might stay a little more sober than they did the two days prior to the holiday. It's still a clown show, all the days during a holiday weekend.

Finn got his first trip to the beach. The whole lot at the beach knew he was coming because some of our friends were already out there. The kids loved him. He didn't get in the water, but I think he enjoyed the beach and attention.

Screenshot_20240525_193339_Photos.jpg

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What did she think of Bennett wearing a chainmail vest?

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

On Matrix:
    “He’s too jacked. He looks gross.”

On Bennett:
    “There’s no way he isn’t gay”

On Sully:
    “He’s my favourite. He looks like Johnny Depp wearing his dad’s clothes” (hi-yo)

She liked it, but not as much as Face/Off or her favourite— Demolition Man. The part where he breaks the steel chain with his bare hands made her laugh louder than I’ve ever heard her laugh.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This isn't a problem, it's just Microsoft providing an option for people who would benefit from a very locked down environment. If you don't need that, just switch out.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I feel like Ms. Rachel has got a slamming bod under those overalls.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Who’s Ms Rachel?

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

That support article says "S mode" so many times I think the writer was having a stroke or something.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still not sure what this has to do with @Flat_Rate's foreskin but I didn't think those answers would be anything I wanted to hear.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My house has smelled awesome today. Dutch babies in the AM, lemon blueberry muffins in the afternoon, pizza tonight. Let's (get) bake(d)!

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's raining down here. That is odd.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not raining here but had to ask the neighbor to stop vacuuming his car after midnight

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In another couple of weeks, it will not cool down enough to go vacuum an auto until it is after midnight. Summer is a coming.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Almost half-foot wide hail coming down just south of Lubbock

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I swear it's gonna be some stupid, random ass thing that takes me out

I've always been allergic to red wasps. When I mow the grass I keep benadryl in a baggie. Always have some close when they're out. I swell like crazy, heart rate jacks way up, just all around not a good time. Accordingly, when I see one, I get the fuck out of the way until I can hit them with that 40 ft kill-on-contact spray. Fortunately it's been years since I got hit. Guess my body reacts differently now.

Yesterday I was working in the pump house and those fuckers had decided to build a nest in one of the cracks in the wall, and one of them hit me in the arm.

Wife was at the movies with the boys, I was the only one on the ranch and about 200m from the house. Throat started to swell a little and in hindsight I probably should have called 911 on that, but I was able to keep my HR below 100 until I got into the house, chewed some benadryl, and washed it down with a coke. Swelling in throat immediately went away, HR leveled off, great now I just sound like I'm drunk.

This morning, despite my resting HR being back in the mid 50s and my oxygen levels being 97%+, my arm is still swollen and hot to the touch. Going to the dr as soon as they open.

*update: I have been prescribed a 5 day steroid dose, as well as given a refill of those to keep on hand. Plus prescribed an epi pen with refill.

#18 Revengeofthenerds, May 29, 2024
    Last edited: May 29, 2024
  19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We came back from the store the other day and I'm tooling around the house, unloading the groceries etc. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something on my chest. It was a wasp just hanging out on my shirt. Since I hate all things insect, I scream like a little girl and then flail around the kitchen until I knock it onto the floor where I stomped on it three times. One to kill it, one for good measure and one because fuck you.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Despite being a biologist, and having close contact with all sorts of creatures, I’m like this with centipedes. I hate those fuckers - nothing should have more than 6 (or maybe 8) legs. It’s unnatural. And they’re FAST. One of my exes thought it was hilarious to send me facebook messages with pics of centipedes. I probably deserved that. I’ve been known to react out of all proportion to the threat and pound them to death with a hammer, drown them in bug spray, or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.