Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Next time you go through SA, skip the riverwalk and find a hotel near The Rim and La Cantera. More restaurants and entertainment than you can shake a stick at, plus six flags right across the street. The Rim reminds me of what parts of Austin used to be, and it's being developed like crazy with tourists in mind. And if you're lucky enough, you might even come by on the one random day each month that busloads of mexican nationals invade the place to shop. It's hilarious to watch.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    A little bit of pandemic rust I guess.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No. Vince Neil sucks live, period. Always has, always will. Pick any time period and finding him giving a solid live performance is as rare as it gets.

The poison of Motley Crue.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got a call on Tuesday that my grandmother had experienced a decline and was going to be placed on hospice care. There wasn't an explanation as to why she'd declined, and hospice can mean months, so I planned on telling work and heading down when I knew more. That lasted about 11 hours. I got a call at 2 a.m. from my mom saying she'd passed, so I packed up my shit and drove to my family. I appreciated that 7 hour drive to process the loss, and come to terms with it. Strangely, I am not really bummed out by this.

My mom is the sole surviving child, and she started preparing for this after my grandmother's stroke, about six months ago. So, we had funeral planned and paid for, services queued up, etc. We went through the house, sold the car, shut off the bills and everything over the past few months. There's still a ton of junk to clean out of the house, but there's a legion of cousins to help and no rush to do it.

My grandmother was in good spirits, and while she was severely mentally confused, her confusion kept her in a happy place. She'd talk about loved ones that were just around the corner or coming to visit, and she didn't seem to be bothered by anything. She wasn't in pain and didn't suffer. From what I understand, she went to sleep and just never woke up. It's not a bad way to go, I don't think. We were spared so many of the horrors of dementia, and a long, drawn out decline. My grandmother lost her independence for a few months, and those months were stressful but not a shower of horrors.

Also, I picked a time back in March to go visit her, and essentially say my goodbyes. I got a few good minutes with her, lucid and laughing, and I got a few more with her and my mom together. This was a game-changer in terms of comfort: there was no rush to be by her side, or regretting things unsaid. Anything we did after that was icing on the cake, and it went a long way in terms of making peace with it.

So, we're drowning in a sea of fried chicken and pie, while we attend to the few details needed for her services. The person taking it the hardest is of course my mom, but the whole "many hands make light work" thing we have going with the cousins is doing a tremendous job in helping her.

Don't get me wrong, it's not fun. But, compared to similar losses, this is as peaceful as I could hope for.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Vince Neil has hired a personal trainer to get in shape for the upcoming Motley Crue stadium tour.”

...ummm...

9EE2B20E-11C9-414E-A4EE-A1A7BD054153.jpeg

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

did he specify what kind of shape?

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rounds a shape.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The modern art industry. The fashion industry. The theatre industry.

...these are the people you avoid at all costs.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I know art is subjective, but putting the works of Michelangelo and the guy selling literally nothing in the same category is ridiculous. Nothing will ever beat the lady trying restore the painting of Jesus, though. That will always be funny:

[​IMG]

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. Although, this was Wednesday because the weather over the weekend sucked.

Screenshot_20210602-132334-648~2.png

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's not even the worst example.

Look up "Spanish statue restoration," and you'll see a really horrendous "restoration."

It's actually speculated that the artists are doing this on purpose to get their name out there.

But yeah, the art industry is stupid.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Meanwhile in Australia...

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I firmly believe that a lot of the high level art industry is a money laundering scheme.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got to love local news sensationalism. Top of the story ‘mice plague could reach Sydney!’ Later on in the story, educated unassuming super wiener “Grain stores on farms cause this, Sydney doesn’t have the right conditions for a plague.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.