Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy memorial day weekend, remembering those who served before us.
    Wage slaves like me are working a weekend. What are your plans?

Focus: memorial day weekend shenanigans

[​IMG]

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I could never do a job that requires me to work weekends. That’s family and relaxation time. It stresses me out even thinking about it.

I’ll be relaxing at the lake this weekend. Never go out in a boat on big holidays. That’s when the idiots who only put their boat in the water twice a year (Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend) go out. They can’t drive for shit, and they’re drunker than hell.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the local provincial camp grounds close for May long(first long weekend ) because of drunks that just destroy the place every year

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Such is life. I needed a job and it's easy and pays decent for my responsibilities. Moving is expensive yo. Plus it's just seasonal so I am not committing to this for the rest of my life. The suckiest part is not having a full day with el hubs since he's in a mon through fri gig but itll be okay. Sometimes you put me up with the short term to get what you want long term.

So! What are you bbqing? Cuz I know you plan to do something. Let me live vicariously through you for 2 sec please.

Ps does anyone use a permanent setup gas grill? Like one hooked up to your gas line. Wondering if that's a thing that can be done or if I'm dreaming here.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, I have a natural gas bbq.

You need different burners for it as nat gas burns cooler than propane so you need more flow of nat gas to be the same temp. If you used a propane bbq hooked up to nat gas line it would never get hot enough.

Haven’t changed a propane tank at the home bbq for years.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't know that, i just thought the hook up was a different fitting.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Maybe I recall you writing about that before. I'm sure you retrofit it yourself. Was it simple or more of a call an expert jobbie?

I think it would be cool to have one off the 2nd story deck which is off the kitchen.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I too have a natural gas line outside for my bbq. It’s awesome. I treat it like a second oven if I need more space or want to slow cook something outside.

I’m also going to see John Wick 3 this weekend at IPic. An infinite body count in a reclining seat with free popcorn.

9. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'd probably want a professional to run the lines if you want to keep your insurance agent happy. Aside from the gas being slightly cheaper, I don't see much point to it. I'd rather spend that money on a nice wood-fired barbecue.

For Memorial Day, I've got a full bar in my basement. I do not intend on being above ground until Tuesday.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Needs different sized burner orifices and a different gas regulator. If it's a big name brand grill you can probably buy a NG conversion kit and do it yourself.

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the propane just because i can fire it up and have it hot within a few minutes. I more use mine to cook steaks and such for dinner dont want to wait.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep x2. I'd.be more likely to grill in those circumstances. Charcoal is fine but you really need time to get it hot. Plus health reasons... I'd love to reduce my chance at butthole cancer, thanks. We have a charcoal grill but I really dont use it much. I think a gas or propane setup would get a lot more use with our lifestyle.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, they usually put larger jets in the nat gas burners.

14. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, this is timely. While rebuilding from the flood, I had a plumber extend the gas line in the laundry room to run outside so I could hook up a grill or generator to the natural gas line. I too thought all I needed was the adapter and I was good to go. Was thinking of getting a Blackstone griddle since I don't smoke meats or BBQ as much as I am doing things that could be done on a griddle just as easy.

Guess I'm going to need to check out Weber's line on NG grills now.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The jets that feed the burners usually have replaceable nozzles in them. You should just be able to swap out to new nat gas nozzles that are slightly bigger.

The other option (like I did) was to just drill out the orifice to be bigger. I went nuts and can now melt the grill itself. (Seriously). It just means you need to be a bit more careful with your heat controls as you can’t just set it on high and walk away.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most all of their propane grills come in an NG version for like $20 more. We have a 3 burner one and love it.

17. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was going to be in the market for a new one anyway, I'm liking the Weber Genesis E 330 (I used the side burner a lot on my previous, el cheapo grill).

I don't think I've ever heard a person speak badly about a Weber. I had a very small charcoal one several years back and loved it. I'm looking forward to trying out the NG version.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have the spirit 330 I think? No side burner but it does a mean steak.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'll be working Memorial Day. They asked for volunteers at work and I told them "I don't care....if people want to stay with their families, I'll come in....if people want to collect the extra pay, I'll stay home." Originally, I got the the day off. Cue someone coming up to me with a sob story yesterday "Please, please, please, blah, blah, blah..."

Oh well....My choices were sit at home, do nothing, and collect a day's pay or go to work, do next to nothing, and collect two day's pay. So I said I'd work for her. At least I got major brownie points from management for being a team player. Yay.

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

shouldn't it be 3 days pay? get paid for the holiday plus 2 days for actually working it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.