Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LOTTO DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Facebook reminded me of my favorite college moment:
    My roommate burst into my room while I was fucking someone and yelled "YOU PUT THE HOE IN HOMIE!" and ran out of the room.
    You ever tried to stay hard inside someone while laughing?

I was going through my online comics collection and realized it's about time they made Martha Washington into a show/movie.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Washington_(comics)
    Frank Miller is famous for the Dark Knight Returns (seriously, one of the best comics ever made), Sin City, 300, some of the seminal work on Daredevil and I think he worked on "Cursed" on Netflix that was recently released. Some of his stuff hasn't aged well, but he is a remarkable storyteller.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a random question for the board:

I need a new hat (ball cap) for work, that's well ventilated. Would you recommend a regular ol' mesh trucker hat, or is "Dri-Fit" fabric actually what it says it is?

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

In my humid weather experience, that dry fit stuff works amazingly well. Even better is that brand that cools when it‘s wet but I can’t think of the name of it right now

edit: mission is the name of the brand that I have

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trucker.

5. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Dri-fit things are great _however_ they will smell much, much more than cotton does if you don't get it in to the wash regularly.

6. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Top tip. Don't try and have a sleep in when your bedroom is next to a new build and they are pouring concrete. Concrete trucks and pumps are not subtle.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

....Neither are their crews. Once 7am hits, it’s “Fuck you, you should be awake like us”.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I hear ya. 45 year infrastructure upgrades kicked off in full force today.

1E38F04C-FBF1-41F5-B456-EFFD55BAD75B.jpeg

5248A981-CBD8-40A0-B153-F98542C21B2E.jpeg

The whole house was shaking with that compactor... pics rattling on the walls and the cats freaking the FUCK out.

The notice said “done by November”.

New asphalt, curbs, lights, water, sewer... yeah, I could see that.

The foreman laughed, genuinely entertained... “lucky if we’re done by April”

Joy.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Although infasctructire renovations are a huge pain, I like that they do, in fact, happen.

I do love how they now take extra care in this city doing neighbourhood work. Note the hedge and tree protection, even for private lots. If they see you have a custom driveway (like yours) they’ll also be very careful around it, because they DO NOT want to be replacing that for you.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. They fenced off our tree to protect it, the whole 9 yards.

Pretty impressed so far.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My last three months of living in an apartment involved a lot of powder-actuated nail guns and screaming in not-English before 7AM in the morning. I can't imagine what impact that would have had on guys who actually served.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A.k.a: “Guns”. Those things are legit firearms. Not to be fucked around with, ever.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the hell are infrastructure improvements? Around here it would go as follows:

Replace lights? One at a time, only if a vehicle takes one out.

Water and sewer? Pretty much only if something breaks. There are water lines in New York City that are made of wood and well over 100 years old.

Paving is done regularly (curbing maybe every third or fourth paving). But typically a road will get paved - and then the gas company tears holes in it to upgrade their lines, or a broken sewer or water line gets fixed, so they dont stay nicely paved for long.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, we have a preventative maintenance plan for the city where they do improvements before shit catches on fire.

They are also putting in sidewalks on some neighbouring streets. It’s not going over well as it meant cutting down 50 year old trees on people’s front yards.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If they cut a new sidewalk through your property, would they have to reimburse you the same way as if they put a soundwall in your backyard? People who get sound/blocker walls often get thousands of dollars for basically receiving a luxurious privacy fence.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nope. The city owns the land right beside the road, commonly known as the boulevard. They have already got imminent domain on that part so you’re SOL.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last week, I’ve had ants walking around the dashboard of my new car. Maybe one every two or three days. Tonight, I found out the source - some carpenter ants took up residence at the bottom of my door, under the foam/rubber seal strip, and were trying to grow an army.

One scorched-earth preemptive strike later...there are no ants. Score one for the humans.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh I know the boulevard rule. I meant if you’ve NEVER had a sidewalk before (your property Straight hits the curb), and they cut one through your property fresh. They did this in the Hunt Club neighbourhood here in town. But once they reached the “old money” houses, they nixed it.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The locals went to the council and said "we don't need this, stop it" and it went to vote, and lost... sidewalk it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.