Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LOTTERY DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I know, right? It just crusts over if you don't shake it regularly.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's like following the "best before" date on your table salt.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We used to go through SO much Cholula. That shit must be made of gold, the way the pricing has changed recently.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I caught my wife throwing out salt recently. She said it was past the expiration date.

On an unrelated note, FUCK HOUSTON. Fuck the humidity, fuck the roads, and especially fuck the drivers. Drivers in the rest of Texas are just stupid -- not knowing how to merge, not knowing how or when to use turn signals, going 55 mph in the left lane, that kinda shit. Like they never passed driver's ed. Houston drivers are fucking suicidal. They either don't understand basic physics, or they do and just don't give a shit about their lives and that of fellow human beings. I have never seen such reckless disregard for anyone else on the road, nor so many instances of what I can only describe as attempted vehicular homicide, in my life.

Harvey should have finished the job. There, I said it.

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To their credit, I can't imagine these being very easy to drive.

Attached Files:

• Slab.JPG
      Slab.JPG
      File size:
      111.3 KB
      Views:
  6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been trying to tell people this for a long time. Houston is by far the worst place I have driven in the US. No other city I've been to compares to what a person deals with every single time you get in the car here. Every highway is like mad max had a baby with the autobahn. Just the most broken down pieces of shit going a hundred miles an hour.

This also leads to some of the most horrific traffic collisions I've ever seen too. When I worked at the big trauma hospital, our chief of ortho said the injuries he saw on a daily a basis were the most aggressive he had seen in his career.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a reason every new-urbanism/walkable-city/etc advocate goes directly to Houston as their example of how shit car-dependent infrastructure is. It's a world renowned hellhole.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

probably because people do fucking suicidal shit like this one cunt rag of a car/truck/hot wheels hybrid who decided to merge onto the highway in front of me and then come to a DEAD FUCKING STOP! Right as the merge lane ended. I was driving a 2500 towing a 40 foot trailer. He would have become a pancake against that wall if I had not been keeping an eye in my mirrors and knew I had enough of a gap to barely squeeze into the lane on my left. If he had just done anything except what he did -- speed up, slow down, or maintain speed -- he would have been fine. Just say fucking predictable.

Then there was the piece of work on a motorcycle, wearing zero protective gear at all, who was weaving in and out of 18 wheelers like he had a genuine death wish. I'm convinced people hate the city so much they just try to kill themselves en route to their next horrible destination.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've said it before, I love SmarterEveryDay.

This is one of the best series I've seen him do... he digs into how Kodak makes film.

It is insanely interesting... such a mix of chemistry and physics.

The second episode dropped today and it was captivating.

Your mileage may vary.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of Kodak and science, there's a fun tidbit where Kodak detected the Trinity test by going super-hard on figuring out the cause of a bunch of customer complaints in the summer of 1945.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You should really watch the video. The whole process is insanely mechanical and fluid... and the QA is very exhaustive.

The main guy who is one of the leaders in the world on film basically said his product is not the roll of film, it's the quality.

And to think that so much of it is steeped in engineering from decades ago, and yet is still in use and valid.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was informed today that a business trip I was as planning to Houston is canceled. Sounds like I dodged a bullet in a myriad of ways.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

We traveled along one stretch of elevated highway which was eye-level and directly adjacent to an apartment complex. Like the balconies could not have been more than 10 feet away from the highway (also where the chode fail-merged, as I referenced earlier). I've passed through the city before, but I guess you have a different perspective when you're driving and thus -- hopefully -- paying more attention. Also going through the heart of the city makes our downtown highway system in San Antonio look elegant by comparison.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the kind of shit we make fun of developing countries for:

[​IMG]

It was never that bad to begin with, but at least Boston had the wisdom to reverse it:

[​IMG]

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Fuck Houston. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Houston!! My sister lives in a burb of Houston and my aunt and uncle lived in Houston itself before moving to the same burb awhile back. I have spent a lot of Christmases in Houston. I drove through it on the last cross country trip from here to Bama and that was the trip that made me swear, never ever again. We went through both Dallas and Houston and there is probably scar tissue in my brain from that motherfucking trip. I may cross a rural corner of Texas on my way elsewhere but I will Never. Ever. Drive in or near a big Texas city again.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Driving Houstonians are the worst stereotypes of Americans. Big oversized SUVs driven by overly aggressive, road ragey, TAILGATING pieces of shit who are also on their phone while chugging a big gulp.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

To be fair, that wasn’t exactly a smooth transition.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can't make an omelette without cracking a few skulls.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Can’t tell if you mean the mafia involvement or that lady getting crushed in the tunnel. Maybe both?

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The joke was about the lady in the tunnel, but it wouldn't be a construction project without the mafia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.