Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LOTTERY DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that I’m excusing any of this, but I was there in the late 70s when people would throw batteries, rolls of quarters and full bottles of soda at Reggie Jackson.

If we’ve actually regressed to the 70s we are truly fucked.

2. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Godamnit! The 65 year old plumbing in this house is coming apart everywhere. The drain in the kitchen wall is leaking everything out onto the floor. Probably galvanized pipe, inside a block exterior wall. And this cantankerous old fucker thinks that since that pipe hasn't leaked in 65 years, that it shouldn't be leaking now and that because a plumber snaked the line that is the plumber's fault. And some of my fault because I called the plumber to fix his slow drains.

He's losing his mind. He wasn't like this 10 years ago.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

your wife's grandfather doesn't like you does he?

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Since I brought it up:

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He likes me more than just about everyone else on the planet. His mind is just going. He's in his 80s and spends most of his time in Alabama for years, deferring maintenance on this house. So I'm fixing shit for him and more shit is breaking and he doesn't understand why.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Florida plumbing lasting 65 years? What miracle material was used?

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No shit, man.

I'm going to make my predictions here.

- plumber that snaked the lines is going to claim it isn't his fault, and he would be right.
    - Old man is going to continue to say things like, " that pipe has never leaked, what did you do to it."
    - When he isn't saying those things he is going to stare blankly at the guy or fake understanding because he can't hear.
    - He's going to nearly have a heart attack at the cost even though he is very well off.
    - He's going to kick the plumber out and make me fix it.

I hope that the plumber has had plenty of patience working with old deaf people that don't understand why their house is fucked up. This is Florida after all, I'm sure the plumber has encountered this type of customer a lot.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the spirit of this thread I just gambled my way into some life changing money this past weekend. Not fuck you money, but enough to start towards my restaurant dreams in the future. I always wanted a food truck, so I'm going to do it. Actually, it'll be a food trailer as I don't need the space of a full truck, but same same.
    I've got the food side figured out, but the trailer portion I'm pretty lost on. I don't know what makes a trailer good or bad, or whether I need stabilizing things because of where the weight will sit, etc etc. Can anyone give me a EL5 break down of trailers?

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'd do 2 things... look up the health and safety requirements that you need for a food truck/trailer, and then go talk to a local trailer company.

Or try to buy someone else's trailer.

I think figuring out the size/weight of the contents, and the layout, are going to be your first steps. Generator... fire extinguishers...

I'm not sure what help we can be over the internet.

That being said, I sold my old race trailer for more than I paid for it to a guy who does rib bbq's... the side opening window/door was perfect for what he was looking to do with it.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel bad when someone asks me how I went about writing, and more specifically, publishing a book. Because my only answer is: "Lots of trial and error."

There's firms out there that will do it all for you, but it's gonna cost money. Luckily, I had a lot of spare time on my hands last Spring to spend sometimes as many as 8-10 hours a day figuring out how to get it done through KDP. And it took at least a couple weeks of trying something, fucking it up, ( maybe watching a video or two ) and then starting all over again before I got it remotely correct. The paperback still doesn't have page numbers because I couldn't get it right.

So when someone asks me about any of it, I do my best to explain but it ends up just being "trial and error."

I wish I could be more helpful. I mean, I just spent almost a half hour writing an email response to someone who wants to publish something she wrote. And I doubt it's much help.
    Part of me says, just don't field those types of questions. But then I swore I would do my best to advise others the same way some of my favorite authors in my genre helped me.

Sigh... just needed to get that off my chest.

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Called it!

There was a brief moment I thought everything was going to go smoothly. The old man will not let himself seem poor or miserly in front of people outside the family, particularly in front of a tradesman like a plumber. He agreed to the estimate given and the estimator scheduled the work. After scheduling the repair, the old man made me call them back and cancel so he could shop around. I told him I wasn't knocking holes in block walls to fix it. So, at least he knows he needs to pay a pro. He no longer thinks that our visit contributed to the problems, at least.

I'm out of here tomorrow. Might be written out of the will, I don't know.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@Nettdata thanks for the info. I've contacted the health department to see what they need from me. They were SUPER helpful in a way only a government agency stretched thin because of covid can be. I'm going to try and track down someone else from the state government to hopefully give me a clearer direction.
    @Rush-O-Matic thanks for the links. I've been through some already today, but most of the ones I've seen want to sell you the whole food truck starter package which is way more then I need for the concept I'm going with. Don't need a 7 burner stove and walk in fridge etc. There was one place which you could start with a bare box and build as you go which is why I was asking about trailer things like extra supports or things like that. I know how much I can haul and the tongue weight for my hitch, but as far as stabilizers or whether it's cheaper to install power points as needed or to have them do it in a package, those things I'm not too familiar with.
    Learning as I go, but I know a lot of people on here have experience with trailers so I figured I'd see what I could gather from you guys.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Corner supports can be as simple as 4 jack stands from harbour freight. No need to have anything built in.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@Popped Cherries can you give me some tips on how to gamble my way into some life-changing money?

Actually, my wife and I just consolidated nearly all of our credit card debt. Not life-changing, but it feels good to know that it’ll be paid off in five years with way less interest, rather than…25-30 years.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't think the jack stands would work well. For jack stands to support the truck would have to be lowered onto the jack stands. You cant really put them underneith and crank them up to the truck.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wood blocks and bottle jacks or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.