Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LABOR DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! One of the original creators of this holiday called for a "general holiday for the laboring classes" to honor those "who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold." It was celebrated by many states before becoming a federal holiday on June 28, 1894.

Do any of you rude natured idiots have any activities planned for this weekend? I might spread a blanket in the back yard and have a picnic for shits n giggles.

[​IMG]

Have a fun and safe weekend y'all.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That pic reminds of the Benny Benassi video

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

40 minute boat ride to a fireworks show tomorrow night. It gets real interesting on the way back when a few hundred boats all head back where they came from. I've pulled into a cove one trip and sat for an hour because we were getting the shit beat out of us on our old ski boat. Hoping for a safe trip, should be more comfortable on the pontoon, at least. What pisses me off is all the other pontoons using their mooring lights, like headlights on a car, so you can never get your eyes adjusted to see properly in the dark, like you could if everyone was just using nav lights.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've heard that song so many times but never seen the video. Oh my. I really want to go drill something.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’m drinking a domestic beer while watching a biography on Jimmy Hoffa. Does that count?

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I will not be jumping in the water this weekend.

At the dealership waiting to pickup my truck with 35s and a small suspension lift. They forgot to tint the front, dude said 5 of his techs are out because of covid and the workload is just crazy right now but can I come back tomorrow and they’ll do it for free while I wait? Yes, yes I can.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yes, and now I want to watch it too. I had only heard his name before but after googling him would definitely be up for a biography. What's the title?

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You didnt know who Jimmy Hoffa was? You youngins need time away from your sex pillows.

Ill be going out for the first football tailgate in pert near two years. We had a work party this week and they had "hard soda" which was ten times better than hard seltzer. No shitty seltzer water after taste. Ill be drinking that.

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I suddenly feel the urge to buy power tools. Sweet Jesus...

We're gonna go see our son at college Sunday, which will be easier than trying to go for family weekend at the end of the month. Probably gonna be a mix of writing, reading and watching tv in a last ditch effort to enjoy the last few days of Summer break. (Until the next Covid shutdown anyway.)

10. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I won’t put my pontoon in the water for those events for exactly those reasons, did it once and never again, goes double for a holiday weekend.

We had planned on hitting the lake tomorrow during the day but my daughter had a fever last night, woke up to her complaining she couldn’t taste her breakfast. So Covid test pending and Saturday/Sunday will be spent drinking and smoking some sort of dead animal along with some meat in tube form.

At least I got to call out on a Friday of a holiday weekend.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope you all fair well with whatever sickness it turns out to be.

I'm generally like that, but for this one I anchor in the back of the pack. If I can't stay ahead of the madness and the drunks, I'll pull into a cove, there's plenty. Always make sure I have an out. It's a once every few years kinda thing for us. I probably wouldn't be going if some friends weren't here.

And I will be completely sober, not a drop of booze. I know the lake waaaayyy better since we live on it. So I trust myself to keep us safe. Unless they're firing torpedoes, then we're fucked.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just saw this... holy shit... lol The ultimate "play stupid games... win stupid prizes..."

I really want to know the back story, but I'm sure the insurance company and owner of the car really appreciate the video being online so they can see exactly what happened.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The video won't embed... but it's worth the watch.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I love watching people who think they can drive until they do something that proves without a doubt that they can't.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I call that "running out of talent"

"Did you see that guy leaving the car show, lost control and hit that pole?"
    "Yeah, he ran out of talent"

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Famous last words... "yeah, that's right where the bumps are..."

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

famous last words... "trust"

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same idiots

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm convinced Santarpio's is a mob front. They serve drinks in random glasses like you'd find at your grandmother's house, the menu is as basic as it gets, it's a three story building where only the ground floor is open to customers, and the guy who works there is an old Italian guy with a limp who doesn't give a shit about the customers. You can't tell me he didn't take a bullet for the family and this is his cushy retirement gig.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Car goes into limp mode: "We blew up the driver train."

Dear. God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.