Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2019 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im pretty sure this is paid content FOR Chappelle's special. With the amount of clicks and shares Ive seen saying the same thing you are it's hard not to believe this is just another savvy marketing campaign by Netflix and Vice.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s a great special. Fuck anyone who says otherwise with all their fake outrage.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What Im saying is that they have commoditized the concept of fake outrage. Vice gets clicks, Netflix gets views. They are using our lizard brain's response to this tribalism to get dat money.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. As soon as that link was posted they won. Mission accomplished.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure they're legit just that retarded.

Good for Chapelle on the free press though. I didn't even know the new special was out. Now, I'll be watching it this afternoon.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That is the whole process.

WoW vanilla has been installed on my household's computers too. I haven't bothered starting a subscription yet since I've been busy and the wait time is like 800 minutes....

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trying to get a few things done around here before school starts. That involved shoveling chicken and goat shit today. Still have to power wash the house but decided I didn't feel like it today. Maybe I'll go out for a few beers instead.

8. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Oh for fucks sake...

Attached Files:

#28 dieformetal, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Show us your goats!

I'm envious of your day. I would rather be hanging out with my animals than whatever this job is right now. Oh well, at least there's time to peruse real estate listings online for a homestead with water rights. Dreamers gonna dream.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Water rights? Really? I've never run into that issue before.

On the flip side, I do still hold the mineral rights to a piece of land I bought in OK years ago. That was one of the reasons I picked it up....the mineral rights came with it. When I sold the dirt, I retained the mineral rights...hey it's Oklahoma and there is a lot of oil there. Thus far all I've collected is a piece of paper that says I own whatever comes out of the ground, which has been nothing.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s fabulous. He’ll never have a funnier one than “Killing Them Softly”, but this is as close as he has come yet. The part where’s he’s telling the story where he’s discussing various shotgun shells with a gun salesman is absolutely hysterical.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Vice gets clicks, but they got a few thousand clicks. How much money does that translate into? There will be plenty of people that will subscribe to Netflix when they hear how funny the special is.

Netflix sure does win thanks to Vice. I’m just trying to figure out what Vice is anymore. A sort of long time not too long ago, they seemed like a fresh face for news. Now they are just plain diarrhea. Why would you post articles that could chase readers away? I understand it will get “clicks” but it seems they still haven’t learned about what happens when you tell Comics what to say. Popular, legendary, undebatably funny comics to say the least.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Completely agree. I used to read Vice and watch their documentaries. Now, the only time I read their crap is when someone else refers to it and I think to myself "Well, this is really stupid. I remember why I don't bother with them anymore."

It wasn't just Vice either. Media everywhere was crying about the new special. Having watched it it's no surprise why. Something like half of the special was making fun of them. My favorite part in that regard was in the epilogue when Chappelle was telling a story about talking with one of his trans fans. The NYT wrote about how his humor 'normalized' R Kelly's behavior, and she asks why don't they ever write that his jokes about trans people normalize them.

Anyway, anyone who hasn't seen the special yet should check it out. It's really good, maybe his best ever. I'd say it's between this and 'Killin' them softly'.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Humour all comes from one source. It’s all trying to do one job: make people laugh and have fun. And dark humour is funny. So, if a joke offends or insults you that’s none of my concern. YOU have the problem.

Chappelle said it himself with the most simple line: “Everything is funny. Until it happens to you.”

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

80% of Chappelle's new special is great, but I am so sick of the comedy genre of whining about people whining about your jokes. Tell the fucking joke or don't.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Small town drama. The water has become prohibitively expensive here. The town is booming plus the water pipes haven't been maintained or replaced much at all. So the city counsel decided over 5 years(?) they would replace and expand everything (?). Also small town boys club corruption. I went to a meeting to protest along with a bunch of other people and almost wish I hadn't. The mealy mouthed bullshit coming out of those peoples' mouths had me fighting mad by the end of the meeting.

They sent a letter saying people could expect a 20-30$ increase in their bill. People with normally 80$ Bill's are reporting bills well over $200/month. People have stopped irrigating their lawns, single parents are showering with their kids, elderly are choosing meds or water. Also the city has a scammy full of loopholes system for leak detection and only give bill adjustments on leaks their system detects. Oh and btw, it's so busy here that you're doing good if you can get a contracter or plumber out in 6 weeks.

Personally, I had 4 leaks, 2 of which were fixed by professionals, plus 2 I was able to fix myself. My water bill over 3 months was well over 800$. Plus the cost of the repairs. At this point I turned off my sprinklers and dream of a fucking well.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

How soon can you move and why haven't you already?

18. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, I can't imagine having to pay for water.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We bought our house 13 months ago.

They did that goddamn water rate increase in May of this year but since we do paperless billing and I have been busy with work and a lot of projects I did not really notice until the next month, and by that time I was already arranging repairmen, Etc. Trust me... I've been looking at other properties. It's just expensive around here right now; we would make a bit of money on our house if we sold but I want to do a few projects and upgrades before we resell for a more significant profit or move and rent the property out. There is no where to rent or purchase around here that is affordable or reasonable. On the plus side this area seems to be semi recession-proof( at least when you look at the 2008 recession plus the type of businesses in the area ) but on the other hand we are kind of stuck right now unless we want to move out of the region entirely.

Welcome to my nightmare. I was so mad after that meeting with the city council, I stayed mad for three whole days afterward. I kept waking up in the morning and remembering details from the meeting and wanting to punch somebody.

I have a really hard time letting shit go.... this is not the end.

Oh yeah. This is the WDT, not the bitch thread. Someone get drunk for me. I'm at work. Here are some pool party boobs.
    [​IMG]

#39 bewildered, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only person they seem to agree that they like is Amy Schumer, and Amy Schumer isn't funny. That's the direction these people want comedy to take, so yeah, it is necessary to tell them to fuck off. It's like we're reliving the 90s when everyone had to tell stuffy old white people music and humor wasn't changing just because their geriatric sentiments were offended. The difference is now we're telling stuffy young white people.

I think hurricanes are going to become kind of like school shootings, in the sense that people are going to get so used to seeing others wrecked by the devastation they just shrug it off. In the meantime the Bahamas is getting battered with the full force of a Cat 5. Yeesh. Some areas this morning were already under water BEFORE it hit. That place is going to look like hell before it gets finished.

I have work off until Thursday now, and it looks like Florida might only catch a few glancing blows. Best I could ask for, I guess?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.