Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] JULY 4th WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I have a tropical storm warning for tomorrow. Neat. It beats having to water my lawn.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

3. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't fuck around too much thinking it's "just" the fibula. I broke mine playing golf in Nashville March 19th, slipped down a muddy hill and when I twisted to catch myself my toes dug in and it snapped. Thought it was an ankle sprain because it didn't hurt as much as I thought a broken bone would so I walked around downtown the next day hitting bars. Fast forward to the next week when I got home and went to the DR because I thought the sprain was wonky and starting to swell up a lot, broken on Friday, Monday go see DR, Wednesday x-rays, surgery the 30th. I now have 7 screws, a plate, and a cable around my ankle, spent six weeks unable to walk and just got released from physical therapy yesterday. They say it can take a up to a year to feel totally normal again. Fortunately I didn't have a ton of pain, as in I didn't need to pain pills they gave me, but holy hell does not walking for six weeks fuck up the strength and stability of a leg.

Get it checked, do not mess around with it. I hope it's just a sprain or whatever that heals up pretty quickly or at least that you don't have a nasty break that requires them to mess with it.

Driving is considered weight bearing and they told me not to (right leg) but it can be done in a walking boot, it's just kinda difficult to regulate speed and even on a short drive it is a bit wearing on the rest of your leg. Thankfully I had some friends bring some food and I could get to the door to get doordash/grubhub on my knee scooter. Shit sucked, so I feel bad for ya.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I called my doctor this morning for X-rays on the other side. Waiting on the imaging center to call me back that they received the orders so I can go in and get it checked out. Pain was so intense this morning, both legs, figured I was being dumb ignoring it at this point.

5. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Unfortunately, it's behind a paywall...
    Yeah, best not to fuck around with it.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shanetta Little said she was feeling good about the Newark home she bought from a bank this past February.

”Newark just seemed like the next big step for me,” said Little. “It was reasonable, predominately Black. The property taxes were low and it had those old-timey houses that I love in New Jersey.”

But ever since a local SWAT responded to her home last week to remove an alleged member of an extremist Moorish sovereign citizen group who entered the house in an attempt to take it over, Little admits she’s remained on edge.

They’re just unpredictable and their mindset is something I’m not familiar with,” said Little, who gave NJ Advance Media permission to identify her. “It doesn’t flow with my personal logic. So I don’t know if they’re staking out my house or if they’re waiting until they think that I feel calm and things are back to normal before they’re going to do something again.”

The confrontation at Little’s home was not violent, authorities say. But other Moorish sovereign citizens, who have been labeled an extremist Afro-centric group that doesn’t adhere to United
    States law, have been accused of violent crimes in other places.

The seemingly bizarre event in Newark — during which police say a man identified as an Al Moroccan Empire sovereign citizen, entered the home, hung up a flag and refused to leave — is similar to others that have happened in different parts of the country.

Homeowners in Washington state last year told police that Moorish sovereign citizens would knock on their doors and hand them official-looking paperwork claiming the property was theirs. It’s actually all a hoax, one expert said.

That’s part of the article. You get the idea.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5.9 earthquake hit Walker California at 3:49 this afternoon. Why report this? I was sitting at my desk and looked down to see my chair rocking back and forth. I figured if it had not gotten me right at first I was probably safe. This is the first earthquake I have really felt since 1989. This was quite a bit milder and about as far away.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Finally someone wrote a song about me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.