Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] JULY 4th WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started to say, yes, definitely go to the doctor, so you don't end up with long-term problems from a break not healing properly. But, then I realized, you won't be around long-term, so, yeah, just suck it up.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

my ex and I use to play that game…

FTFY

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My dad had bilateral ankle compound fractures right before I was born that occured during an accident involving a chainsaw, a tree branch, and a ladder. My mom drove herself to the hospital when she started to go into labor while my dad rode with his ankles elevated on the dashboard. When they arrived, the elderly man with the wheelchair didn't know who to help. He thought my dad was the patient at first, but then walked slowly over to my mom who wouldn't allow herself to be wheeled in because who would park the car? So the man wheeled back over to my dad's side of the car and dad got wheeled inside anyway while mom parked way the fuck away, "almost in the funeral home parking lot," and hoofed it back to be admitted.

4. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That is some tough shit right there.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

They laugh about it now and describe it almost like a comedy routine but looking back, it had to be a nightmare. I am the 5th kid and was born right before Christmas. Dad had multiple surgeries and still has plates in his ankles. They weren't sure he would regain function.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Office phone rings, called ID from some Virginia number I don't recognize
    Me: Hello, Rush-O-Matic Company
    It's not a robo-call, so I don't immediately hang up
    Dude: Hi, my name is Steve, I represent Georgia Power. I'd like to speak to whoever handles your power bill.
    I don't have a power bill. It's included in my rent.
    Me: Uh, no, you have the wrong number.
    Dude: Why would you say that?
    Me: Because, you obviously don't know what you're talking about, and this is some kind of scam, so I don't want to talk to you. starts hanging up
    Dude: angry voice That's because you're a dickh- click

Oh, gee, guy, you almost had me there. Pro-tip, reps form Georgia Power probably don't call their customers dickheads. This guy was not foreign and not a computer voice. Who are these fucking people?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh, shit. Enron is back. And they want your power.​

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Third party power providers. Companies that supply Georgia Power I’d guess(who has the monopoly on the grid). They offer extended contracts for locked in wholesale rates. Can save if energy prices go up but you pay more if they go down. Went on an interview to one of these places not knowing what it was. One of those follow a sales associate around all day on their route type interviews.

They use a legal loophole that any worker, any part time shift worker, is a representative of the company that can accept one of these contracts for the company. We spent a scorching summer day going to bodegas and struggling mom and pop strip mall stores as the sales rep boiler room sold these to clueless shift workers. One store owner yelled at us as we walked in the door. I was stuck because we had taken the sales reps car. There were two other applicants with me. When we got back I told the hiring manager it was underhanded and shady to sell like they did and left. At my first job another one of these places called our accountant enough she had the number blocked.

9. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

They do something similar here in California with natural gas service. I fell for it but was able to cancel in time once I realized what it was.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

AT&T has the same thing for phone services, and I am familiar with that. I don't believe Georgia Power participates in the third party program. Georgia Power provides the power to the EMCs and Jacksonville Electric Authority, etc. However, the fact remains that I still do not pay a power bill, which is why I knew he didn't have the facts. And, anyone in sales who makes cold calls and responds to a rebuff by calling the potential customer a dickhead needs to look for other work. And, it was a scam, because he was about to say that my bill was past due and he could "take payment over the phone now." It's a scam that's been going around for about a year.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kind of mind blowing as I always thought the sovereign citizen thing was the exclusive domain of honky white dumb motherfuckers.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I'm understanding correctly, they're actually from Rhode Island and were driving (excuse me, "traveling") to Maine. Massachusetts and their fascist "no militias by the Jordan's Furniture" laws just happened to be in the way.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It does have a perverse logic to it; kinda surprised the merger didn't happen sooner. Who would be more attracted to the idea of "the US Government is illegitimate and I am sovereign from it" than folks who believe it was a racist enterprise that legally excluded them from the start?

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

okay I have been hit by a deer while running but this takes that stupid to a next level

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Damn, you’re right. Maybe they just wanted some blueberry muffins?

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My neighbour is fucking hilarious.

He had the family over for a combined Canada Day and July 4th celebration (the wife, owner of the house, is American).

One of the son-in-laws brings over this stupid fucking british bulldog that just barks and shits and drools and is painfully moronic.

Needless to say, it shits all over his nicely kept back yard.... so every time it does, he marks the territory, with a little flag, where the SIL has to go and clean up that shit before he leaves.

I'm sitting on the deck, and I hear, "HARUMPF!", followed by him getting up, sighing heavily as he steps down off the deck, and then lawn-darts another flag into the ground.

"What the hell are you feeding him today? That's got to be 8 so far... I'm running out of flags!"

lol

IMG_9105.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.