Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] JEOPARDY! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The national holidays today suck. Radio day? What is this mess.

I want to know who your pick for the new Jeopardy! host would be.
    Here's a rundown on the drama: https://www.deseret.com/2021/8/20/2...cklash-will-ken-jennings-or-levar-burton-host

I vote Vanna White.

[​IMG]

Jen Kennings would be an easy and good fit for the role. He's smart, wholesome, and can banter a bit with the contestants. Levar Burton is an internet favorite but I've heard he seemed pretty nervous in his test host.

Happy Friday everyone. I'm looking forward to relaxing in this beautiful weather here. The days are getting shorter and slightly cooler. I'm going to blink and it'll be fall.

2. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm a basic bitch and got my first pumpkin spice coffee of the season today. I always think about how I don't get enough time to appreciate all the fall things, so I'm starting early this year. Hell, I might even pick up some hay bales later and start decorating!

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what I said a couple WDT's ago:
    I'll add that when I wrote that, I had not seen Joe Buck yet, and he was just as terrible as I expected.

I think Kenny Mayne would be good, since he's retired from ESPN now, but I don't know what skeletons he's got in his closet. Elizabeth Banks would be good. She's doing Press Your Luck, though, and I think both of them are in ABCs group.

4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mentioned in the other thread that I thought that David Faber was the best. I also liked Buzzy, Anderson Cooper, and Aaron Rodgers. I really didn't think that Joe Buck was that bad, though I wouldn't want him as the permanent host. And apparently there is talk now of Laura Coates possibly getting a shot at hosting.

I am mixed on Ken Jennings. He is just not a game show host to me, but I also think that it's a plus to have a host who is good at the game and can connect with the material. I have also met him in real life (very briefly) and he is super nice. If he got the job then I would be happy for him, and I think that it would make for a great ending to his Jeopardy career.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Evander Holyfield or Charles Barkley would be hilarious.

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If were going that route, Mike Tyson lisping his way through questions and threatening to eat contestants’ children would be hilarious.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This hurricane is going to pound the northeast. I really don’t want to board up windows because that’s pretty lame, but it’s looking worse and worse with every forecast.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I just told my wife this looks like another Sandy

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, it’s going suck a butthole. I’m directly in the path of it for when it makes landfall.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

it could always just stay off the coast and fuck shit up without slowing down

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Hopefully. Right now it’s supposed to make landfall and just hover over southern NE until Tuesday. We get nor’easters which are kinda like shitty hurricanes in the winter, but we haven’t had a hurricane like this since 1991.

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember Hurricane Bob. I was at a friends house staying over night and it just tore up everything around town. Then, everything got SUPER calm and sunny out for like 2 hours and then it rained for another 2 days.

I'm really hoping it just skims my area in upstate NY. We had Hurricane Irene come through almost 10 years ago to the day and it completely fucked our town. My house, which thankfully we didn't own at the time had flooded 6ft of water throughout the bottom floor of the house. Crazy part, there's a 4 foot stone foundation before you even get to the porch. The problem with that storm wasn't even that it was violent, it just literally sat above the area and rained for like 4 days straight. There's still times when we are doing renovations where we find the flood mud behind walls or in between the layers of flooring.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dave Chappelle, in whiteface, and in-character as his generic middle class white guy character the whole time.

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Henri is looking like it’s going to push a whole lot of water up New York Bay into the city and on shore all along Long Island. It does look like another Sandy.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I was only 5 when Bob hit so I don’t really remember it, but my dad has pictures of the eye going over their house in a box somewhere.

17. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hope nobody who's covid positive sneezes upwind, it'll be a super spreader event.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

now with covidcanes!!

19. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm right in northern Fairfield County, CT. The eye will likely pass over my house with most models. Tested the generator today, topped it off and filled the gas can. We have plenty of food, water, and batteries to get through this bullshit.

Hopefully it doesn't fuck my house up.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Good luck, man. My parents are in Litchfield County so they’ll be in the same path.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.