Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] IT'S FALL Y'ALL [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I am so damned excited about the change of seasons. Summer is always a good time around here but we did have some heat waves that dampened my spirits. I've got all the fall decor out (and am shopping for more), have a half gallon of apple pie moonshine in the fridge, and have my light therapy ready. Fall, bring it.

[​IMG]

Trying to find sexy autumn women has me googling "how to keep stock photos out of google image results." Apparently there's a browser extension for that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It didn't really work.

Happy Friday, y'all! Here's to a refreshing weekend to you all.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been "told" that there's a subreddit for stuff like what you were searching for that may or may not be r/NotSafeForNature. Not that I've ever visited anything like that...

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, and I’ve “heard” of a movie called Shake That Bear….

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The number of bugs and dirty surfaces makes this not a sexy concept. Then again naked boobies can make just about anything sexy.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always look at the beach ones and think, isn't getting sand in your vagina uncomfortable? I mean, it's not usually my first thought, but eventually.

[​IMG]

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Not many people know this, but if they keep the sand there long enough they'll make a pearl.

I just happened across this tonight. Kind of like The Hu, except Norse. (Wiki description here. It doesn't mention Celtic influence, but I hear some Celtic in it.) It's rather hypnotic and I think it may have summoned an elemental into the house.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Heilung is simply incredible. Truly nothing like them on earth, and they use actual Iron Age poetry as their lyrics.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

They certainly are. That started me down a rabbit hole last night of traditional European music with, for lack of a better term, a metal influence. And what could be more metal than angry pagan gods, vikings, rattling bones and wearing a deer rack on your head?

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We were listening to this in the garage Thursday night. Couldn’t really get into it.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You might check out what led me down this rabbit hole: Wagakki Band. It's a mix of metal and trad Japanese with kind of a Satriani vibe.

#10 toytoy88, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"JoE ROgAN WaNtZ to SuE CnN"- why journalism is dead

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Hubs is constructing a hanging sling so we can get the dog's nails. She's a terror to trim. I don't know how this one is going to end. Hopefully with properly trimmed nails but we will see. In the meantime.... Wine.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have you guys tried counter-conditioning?

It doesn't always work. One dog I had was the most chill dog in the world until you touched his nails, and then it took two vets, a muzzle and a blanket to trim them. But I've had other good experiences taking it slow - slowly escalating (over weeks) from treating just for seeing the nail clippers across the room, then moving them closer, then treating for tapping the nail clippers on his feet, treating for just doing one nail, etc. Just important to go (painfully, frustratingly) slow.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We've worked on her literally for years. I think we've had her about 6 years now, done all the things you described. She has gotten a lot better. I can touch her paws and she's chill about it, but as soon as the clippers come out she gets super vigilant and will skirt you and do whatever it takes to prevent contact with the clippers. We have worked and worked and can't trim them at all without extreme measures. At some point, they become overgrown claws and we just have to do it. It usually ends up with my husband having bleeding scratches everywhere. In recent years we've just taken her to the vet and I've warned them, but the techs are still surprised at how difficult she is. One girl ended up with scratches everywhere and was like "I know what you mean now", another time they quit halfway because they ended up nicking her badly (which not only made a mess because they did not inform me but worsened her anxiety.) It's just a fucking mess and her claws, which she uses like a cat to play, can really fuck up the surfaces she jumps down from or hurt us by accident during playtime.

The sling worked. Took 5 minutes to trim and then sand off the edges. We can easily do this each week and get them to a more manageable length.

Our other dog has zero problems with his nails. He pulls them back halfheartedly at most.

I'm going to reinforce the holes, especially where the ratchet straps feed through, now that we know it is a solution. Glad that our old couch covers are getting their second life.

[​IMG]

17. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I lived in Canmore, Alberta for a winter when I turend 18. Where I live (Saskatechewan) the drinking is 19. Alberta is 18 and I was driving distance from 3 of the best snoboarding mountains in the rockies.

There was a hiking trail just outside of town where a mountain lion was stalking hikers, and scalping them. It got like 6 hikers in as many months. It would just jump off a rock or out of a tree, rip the top of their heads off, and bail.

Fucking cats. They kill for fun.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is one pitiful looking pup!

Yeah, one of our family dogs growing up was like that. Nothing could be done. For a while we paid extra at the local vet and they did the aforementioned process of subduing him (and he was SUCH a chill dog that this nightmare never even dissuaded him from being excited when he arrived at the vet), then he broke one of the radiators in his struggles and caused a small flood, and they started refusing to do it anymore.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

this is the reason I have one of those 5.11 Fanny packs that holds my clock 19. I have not used it yes, as I don’t feel the need, but I do have it just in case and I know many other runners in the area who use the same setup.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh my! Ours hasn't broken anything like that.... Yet. But we are so over paying $20 for a nail trim. And since her nails are totally black, a responsible groomer trims less, not more, which makes it feel like an even worse use of $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.