Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

DC has an incredible gas tank but like most guys that size, by the 5th round(in a title fight) they have little left.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I've figured out why my dryer has been acting up. My 5 gallon shop-vac is more than half full of lint that I managed to scrape out of the ~12 ft of duct that I could reach with my brush and vacuum hose. I also replaced a bunch of Duck Tape with the stuff you're actually supposed to use on ductwork. I think that I'm going to have to invest in a dehumidifier for the basement.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I hate modern dryer design. Yeah... "design".

Twice now I've pulled my dryer apart, only to find the entire squirrel cage blower full of lint, as well as no easy way to clean it. I tried buying a snake tool, didn't work. Tried to make my own, didn't work.

I swear they design those things for ease of manufacturing and maximum failure and service calls any more.

Fucking hate it.

Every 6 months... pull all that shit out, take it apart, and clean it up. Takes about an hour, all in... but I don't want to guess what a service call would cost me.

Looking at the system, it's pretty fucking simple, with simple sensors. If the control board ever goes, I'll probably take a hack at building my own Arduino control for it. For that matter, someone probably already has... and odds are it's way more reliable than those cheap Chinese control boards.

At least if my house ever burns down, you'll know why... "what do you mean there's a natural gas interlock? Huh..."

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2 things that I recommend to help with the fight:

Magentic dryer vent connector... REALLY improves air flow and makes pulling shit out and putting it back so much easier.

https://sbicrypto.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MOT/pages/507019275/Application+Containerization+Notes

[​IMG]

And a dryler lint vacuum attachment:

https://assets.leevalley.com/Size5/10104/12K9410-magvent-mv-90-dryer-vent-connector-u-0001-r.jpg

It's a cheap snake that doesn't do a great job, but it does "all right" and will buy you a bit more time until you have to do some proper maintenance/cleaning.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tiveASIN=B0014CN8Y8&linkCode=as2&tag=tcbse-20

[​IMG]

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was mostly my fault. When I bought the house, one of the first things on my list was snaking the dryer vents, but the sellers caught me off guard by asking if I wanted the really nice washer and dryer for $300 because they didn't feel like moving them. My problem is that I have some pretty crazy humidity in my basement, so the lint from my dryer is wetter and clumpier than normal. I think that I'm going to get a dehumidifier, but my sump is sealed off because of the radon system, so I'll need to rig up some kind of pump to push it into the washing machine drain.

I used one of those kits, but the brush seemed more likely to just compact everything into a solid plug, which I then teased out of the duct with the shop vac.

I do dislike having to completely disassemble the dryer to get at the serviceable components. It sold for $1000, and it probably would have cost an extra $2 in materials to have an access hatch to all of the parts that didn't involve a microcontroller.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The inspiration for "Moe" from the Simpsons is a guy named Red, who owned the Tube Bar. Two guys would call him with prank names and he'd go on gloriously foul rants when he realized what they did. This is the infamous audio. Don't play it on high volume around sensitive company.

7. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you want to watch the UFC online, the link on this site will refresh on Saturday with the fight card.
    http://crackstreams.com/mmastreams/
    It's usually the best feed and I've never had it crash on me before.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Child's play.

Capture.PNG

We're set for 8 straight days of 110+. That has never happened here before.

We're also at 116 straight days without rain and none in sight.

9. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ouch. Here in the Southeast the 10 day forecast is low to mid eighties which is really mild for this time of year,

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Maybe you should move out of Yemen.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only listened to a couple calls, so not sure if anyone called looking for Mike Hunt.

I once met a guy by that name. Came in the store, said he was wondering if something he ordered was in. I asked his name, he told me. I burst out laughing, "Get out of here."

He wasn't laughing. I still do, almost 30 years later.

13. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

upload_2020-8-14_11-48-15.png

I will trade you guys for a week. 16 = 60, 20 = 68 for reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.