Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy International Beer Day! A day made for the Idiot Board and its members. What's your favorite import?
    I'm a cheap gal and really enjoy a Corona when it is hot outside. In fact, you know what? It's getting added to the grocery pickup order. Done.

[​IMG]

In other news, countries across the globe are banning TikTok due to some covert fuckery by the originating country. This will not effect me in the slightest but there are definitely some TikTok videos I've seen that have made me lol out loud. The one that made the biggest impression on me was this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Cringetopia/comments/i2zidj/is_this_why_trump_wants_to_ban_tiktok/

I have discovered a new phobia. Toilet paper in my mouth. It would be so dry, and stick to my teeth. The feeling it imparts is something akin to nails on a chalkboard. Every time I use the toilet I think about toilet paper in my mouth now and how it would feel and my brain is almost physically shuddering in agony.

Thanks TikTok. You ruined going to the bathroom. Thanks soooo much.

Anyway. Happy Friday, I think.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice ass on that one.

'Wildered, I met an old man in prison who would add toilet paper to his ramen noodles.
    Really.
    He said that it "added fiber."

Isn't banning TikTok a good thing?
    Think of all the productive things that kids could be doing when they aren't making cringy videos and doing stupid challenges.

I'm so glad that Li'l Bandit never got into that bullshit.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the actual fuck did I just watch? And read about on reddit and see if there was any free pics in her OnlyFans page and...

A little too weird for me, and probably something best for in private, not public places. Great ass though.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who’s really the idiot in this situation? I argue, not her.

6. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You fuckers better have an extra few for me, international beer day and due to being deployed on COVID Assist it's as dry as dinosaur bones here, no alcohol allowed and it's not worth the hassle getting caught having even one.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If you have no shame, then shame can’t be weaponized against you. Although her parents should probably kill themselves.

8. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Good luck with finding Corona, the better Mexican beers are getting scarce here. Covid shutdowns have us looking at October for Sol, Corona, Pacifico, Victoria.

I still find it here and there.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My local store carries Corona and Dos XX reguarly. No problem getting those. What I really want is a Yuengling but they don't sell that west of the Mississippi. I think a PX in Japan got some stock of it once and it was sold out immediately.

Next time I visit my family I'm adding a few cases of Yunengling to the bootleg list. I got about 25lbs of conecuh and a bunch of Thai ingredients from my favorite Asian grocery the last time.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God, I want Yuengling to come west of the river so badly. There’s nothing better than a trip home to PA and ordering “a lager” at the bar.

Remember bars? Man, those were some good days.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yuengling gives me heartburn these days. I'm currently enjoying a Dragon's Milk White bourbon barrel aged white stout.

Hi y'all. I'm so glad this board is still here after all these years.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I can still get Modela and Modela Negra here by the flat so I'm pretty happy... as that's my go-to Mexican beer.

That and I find Radlers to be pretty refreshing in the summer.

Right now, though, I've just finished the first coat on my deck table re-varnish and am enjoying a nice Gin and Tonic with slices of fresh cucumber from the garden.

And the cat is "helping" with the refinishing work.

IMG_7860.jpeg

IMG_7863.jpeg

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m on a major sour beer kick lately. Probably because Texas is so hot.
    We’ve managed to repaint the interior of our house a nice gray white instead of the postpartum depression brown it was when we bought it.
    Holy. Crap. Lots of wall space. But such a different vibe.

Now I’m redoing our cabinets and it’s SO tedious. They’re some kind of golden color and it’s the worst thing ever. I’m painting them white.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus H. Christ, enough with the rain already.

At this rate, my shop will never dry out. It's like a fucking lake right now, and algae is growing in the water; it's been flooded for that long.

This is one of the many, MANY, MANY reasons I call this place the asshole of Texas.
    We'll be dry for months, with crops withering in the fields, then we get slammed with more rain than we can handle, and there's flooding, and most of the water has to be drained off.

Fuck that.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What kind of construction is your shop? Will it drain and dry out fairly well with minimal damage, or will there be a ton of water soaking damage?

I'm thinking concrete shop versus house with wood/drywall...

And do you have floor drains in your shop?

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We're getting some infrastructure upgrades around here... new water, sewer, curbs, roads, etc.

As prep for them digging up my front lawn to replace the water lines to the house, they sent a crew by with some really high pressure water and a suction truck to expose the buried gas lines. Never seen that done before... it was kind of impressive.

They basically water jetted the lawn away, and then water jetted a 5' hole down to expose the yellow gas lines, all while sucking up the mud/soil with the truck.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with how clean and non-intrusive the work being done has been... no dust in the air (bought car/truck covers for if/when it does get bad), other than some noise at 7am when they start up.

IMG_7845.jpeg IMG_7848.jpeg IMG_7846.jpeg

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My "shop" consists of four different sheetmetal buildings: Two are steel framed, and two are wood framed.

One of the wood framed ones suffered serious damage, and I'm actually not too sure how long it's going to stay up (part of it, anyway); It really wasn't very well built to begin with.

Because of the flooding, I can't even get in there to do any repairs/ mitigate damage.

Once the water is gone, the other structures will be fine.

I'm actually going to be moving out of there soon; I'm planning a building on the 10 acres I just bought (which DOESN'T flood).
    I'll be glad to finally be rid of that old place (though I will miss it).

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Here’s hoping it dries out soon for you.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While cooking supper tonight ( chicken veg stir fry with chicken fried rice ) I started off with one of our local breweries’ blueberry ale. It’s actually a major disappointment since the new management took over, and this was their last shot. I’ll stick to Saranac Blueberry in the future.

I managed to find some Shiners Prickly Pear a while back and stocked up. I’ve got a few of those under my belt while cleaning the kitchen and washing dishes. It’s gonna be a sad day when I crack open the last bottle of that. But I need to drink up what’s in the fridge to prepare for the Fall beers.

I tell time in beer, not a calendar.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have said it before, I will say it until I die: if you put any kind of attachment on your car that increases it’s noise, make it’s motor chop, like those goddamn coke can exhaust pipes— you’re an asshole. Nobody likes you, NOBODY thinks you are cool. If you’re in high school I hope they hang you from the flagpole from your undies. Eat fish heads, motherfucker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.