Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

August 2: International Beer Day. Hey, a day made for us Idiots! Are you into IPAs, or lagers, ales, stouts, or pisswater domestics?

My personal favorite:
    [​IMG]

Alt focus: story time! What's the worst thing you did while wearing beer goggles?

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends on the season but generally, I like...
    [​IMG]

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never liked the hopped up craft shit. More places have a decent variety of non hopped junk now. Still I drink bud light the most at grill outs and pool parties and such. There is a refreshingness of light beer that heavier beers don’t provide for me. Hot ass summer days at the bar I’ll drink grip of Corona with limes.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Mmm yes. Corona with a lime is the best pool side sipping.

5. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my favorite hot summer day beers is Kona's 'Big Wave'.

I mostly stick to Lagers and Red Ales. For me the situation has to be right to drink a heavy dark beer.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve developed a bit heavier in the mid section in the past few years so I’m switching back to Bud Light or Coors.

But no Miller. There’s a distinct difference in taste between Miller lite and any other lite beer and it’s disgusting. Tastes flat.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m about to give up on mosquito control in my yard. I’ve tried everything available to the public.

I won’t try a blower because I don’t want to be exposed to carcinogens. Although I bet the local pest control company has a young kid willing to breathe that shit in for a buck!

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I’ve mentioned a few times on here, I stopped drinking alcohol about 7 months ago. However, the NA beers now are insane. IPAs, pale ales, stouts, a ton of delicious ambers. Right now there’s 3 different types of German NAs in my fridge. And the best part is they range in calories from 10 up to around 80 on the high end. Still taste as delicious. I’m enjoying a dry hopped clausthaler right now.

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My go to at home drinker is Sam Adams seasonals. I'll drink Labatts as well, thats a good one. Coors light and Miller light are really popular with people around here so i wont turn those down if offered one.

There's a revived local brand that's back on the market after being gone since Prohibition, a cream ale. I really hope they succeed, plus it's a also a good beer so there's some in the garage fridge as well.

We have a lot of great local breweries producing outstanding ales and stouts.

IPAs I'm not too crazy about, although it seems like the competition to "out hop" each other is over so I have found a couple I enjoy.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

My local total wine sells PNR’s NA. It tastes just like PBR, with the hipster and everything.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’m an admitted craft beer snob. For anyone that hasn’t had it, Trillium Gay Head Lighthouse Double IPA will convert anyone off their ghetto swill. Even if it is $16 a 4-pack.

I’m a bit buzzed watching Goodfellas at the moment. I don’t care that he’s in Chantix commercials. If Ray Liotta never makes another film, Henry Hill is one of the best characters ever, even though his real life counter part is a huge piece of shit.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Son of a bitch. I felt old when my dad started receiving mail from AARP....that's shit old people like my grandparents got, not my dad. I just got some mail (With cards enclosed!) from AARP. God damn it.

One foot in the grave over here y'all.

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    My dad likes ales and stouts, but I don't drink anymore - it's been nearly 2 years since I had any alcohol and, to be honest, I don't miss it at all.

It's also ridiculous here how you can just go into an Asda, Aldi, whatever supermarket and buy gin, whisky, rum, etc. right off the shelf. I couldn't do that back in South Africa - you'd have to go to a bottle store (you could buy wine, spirits and beer from those).

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on getting outta there I think? Wasn't that a goal or something?

Figured you ran out of water.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are certain foods you’re not allowed to eat in confined spaces like an office and hard boiled eggs should top that list.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I got my first AARP mail when I was 19. I returned the postcard for my FREE! Earbuds. Spoiler: they were cheap pieces of crap.

Unrelated. I have come to the conclusion that "don't work too hard" is code for "bitch, you is sweaty."

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I found that interesting when I first moved to Las Vegas....you could buy hard alcohol everywhere, 24/7. It didn't matter much to me since I learned early on I'm a rather unpleasant person on hard alcohol, I end up pissed off at the entire world and want to make sure everyone else is as miserable as I am at that time.

Which begs the question....why do angry drunks continue to drink? I absolutely hate what hard alcohol turns me in to, so I don't drink it. I couldn't imagine sitting around sober thinking "I'm not angry enough about everything and everyone, I should drink so I can fully feel and express my anger." Why would you do anything that you know is going going to make you volatile and angry? I don't get it.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In the true spirit of Beer Day, I had a buzz on by 9am. Why? Because fishing.

In Vancouver on work, stuck here for the long weekend, during Pride, so the boss took a couple of us and our client fishing today.

It was glorious.

Only a half dozen salmon and a whack of dogfish to show for it, but it was perfect weather.

IMG_6487.jpeg

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spent the evening at out Moose lodge having a few cold ones. There's a lot of events in the area this weekend so the place was dead, maybe 8 people at any given time and it was great. Just shooting the shit over some beers with good people.

It's those little things that make for a good time.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Oh Boy. Crazy is in a screaming match with one of the roommates.

If there's violence I'll have to become involved. I don't want to be involved. Is it to much to ask to just live your life in peace and not have to deal with other people's bullshit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.