Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HURRICANE ISAIAS WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's gonna be awhile before I make red beans and rice again. Something about the mix of beans, onions and garlic has resulted in the thickest, most rancid farts ever. Me and hubs have identical farts and I'm sitting here with a can of febreze to combat the steady flume of death farts. Bad news is that we are finishing off the beans tomorrow for lunch. I should invest in charcoal butthole filters. Until then..... help.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That. Is. Awesome.

I love me some red beans and rice, I just wish I could get some Tasso up here in Ontario. All but one butcher I mentioned it to looked at me like I was on glue... and the one that knew what I was talking about used to live in New Orleans, and laughed.

Share the recipe!

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'll have to type it up when I have a chance to get on the computer. Most of it is not measured so I'll have to think about it. Red beans is one of my favorite dishes and I think I make a pretty mean version.

I usually use conecuh sausage which is a really flavorful smokey southern sausage. I am down to 5lbs though so I made this last batch with chicken and tried to make up the flavor difference adding extra seasonings. It's good but it needs the conecuh.

4. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Motherfucker! I woke up early to go hike and someone stole my fucking Traverse out of my driveway.
    I’m waiting for cops to call me back and I’m feeling very stabby for this early on a Sunday.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That sucks ass! Best of luck on getting it back. What a shit way to wake up.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Another way people suck.

8. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OnStar is worth every fucking penny. I didn’t even think of it at first, called the cops and didn’t feel great after filing the report. Suddenly remembered OnStar and hubby says he let it lapse months ago because we didn’t seem to need it. He called and reinstated our service and we had my car back in 2 hours.

Fuckers stole $12, a pack of Camels and the microphone for the BT. There were definitely 2 maybe 3 judging by all the places they ashed their cigarettes in my car. Probably my cigarettes, actually.
    But they dropped about 3 grams of nice looking pot between the seat and the console, so thanks?

The bad thing is we can’t find my spare key, which my son thinks he used to get into my car for his charger last night. I think he left it in the car, car unlocked. I’m not beating him up about it but fuck, man. Now I have to rekey this thing.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Glad you got it back, I hope it wasn't completely trashed.

10. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just dirty with cigarette ashes. Spent the last hour detailing her so she felt less raped.

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Check for clues in the seats. You might find Larry’s homework.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Gonna get interesting real soon.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m sitting here watching this, and it occurred to me that Hurley was born and grew up about 45 minutes from where we live. And Commander Eileen Collins was born and grew up 10 minutes from here.

What the hell are the odds of two kids, growing up less than an hour apart, becoming astronauts? It’s amazing.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God damn, that was so awesome to watch.

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can somebody explain, did the capsule return to Earth while they were at the ISS? So they sent it back up empty to pick them up? I thought they said that, but I didn’t fully understand.

And the next mission is a crew of four, for a seven month stay, and the capsule remaining the whole time?

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For all the shit people here give Florida, it's actually pretty fucking awesome. I can't wait for when I can go back and really enjoy it again instead of quick trips to care for my grandparents.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'll never see me insult Florida's climate, geography, terrain or wildlife, I love all of it. But some of the people can be wackos.

Bout to do my hurricane prep, pull the boats out of the water, park my truck under a tree hoping it gets crushed so I can collect the insurance money, that kinda stuff.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Take it from me, I'm about 95% positive the thieves had the key if there was no damage to the doors/ windows/ steering column or wiring of the vehicle.

GM's antitheft system is a BITCH to bypass, and unless they had a GM Tech II scanner with a dealer code, they aren't going to drive that thing out of there.
    Also, I'm not trying to talk down about your Traverse, but most car thieves aren't going to put that much effort into stealing a crossover SUV.

Corvette? Yes. Camaro SS? Yes. GMC Sierra Denali? Yes. Escalade? Hell yeah.

But not a Traverse, unless you had a high end stereo system, in which case they would have just pulled it all out there at the location (don't ask me how I know these things).

No matter what, I'm sorry to hear about it; I've never had a car stolen, but I have had break-ins. It sucks, and it does feel "raped."

In other news, I think God hates me*.

For those of you who don't remember, I got hit with a hurricane last week. Nothing too bad, but a lot of water.
    It was starting to dry up to the point where I could drive a truck to my shop.

Well last night, my area had a small, localized storm**, that dumped more water than the hurricane did.
    This is by far the worst flooding my shop has seen in about 15 years.
    It was so bad that there was no dry land for my dogs, and I had to bring them to my house.
    Fun fact: one of my dogs DOES NOT get along with Jungle Julia's dog. This will be fun.

It'll probably be about a week before they can go back, if that.

*Doesn't matter, I hate him, too. I mean, as much as you can hate a fictional character.

**For my whole life, small, localized storms have created much worse damage (wind, flooding, etc.) than any hurricane that has hit this area.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, well, we had almost a half inch of rain today.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

more than we got in Florida. And we got “hit by a hurricane.”

my sister who flew out early because she was worried about it, the plane was majorly delayed in landing because of the same storms that hit Dixie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.