Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HURRICANE ISAIAS WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Sounds like ticktock is about to be banned in the US. I know grown adults who are very upset about this.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I met my first tiktok wannabe influencer on my trip this week. 30 year old girlfriend of the go zillionaire that lives across the road. She spends hours a day making little videos. Her peak was six hours a day on it. Not unsurprisingly her other big topic of obsession is talking about getting plastic surgery. It is very depressing.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hopefully they’ll one day build a zoo that they can keep all those people in, personally I would love to see one up close behind protective glass.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

everyone thinks their life story is so interesting. The more people who realize it isn’t, and sooner, the better.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those of yall in FL getting any rain yet?

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

we stopped overnight, about 2 1/2 hours away right now in the pool at the hotel, hot and humid so far.

Staying in Ponte Vedra beach, so far haven’t heard anything from the owners about cancelling.

7. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finished sand-bagging doors and lashing construction material this morning out at site in Cape Canaveral. Sun is shining, beautiful day. Shows you why in the days before radar weather, a lot of people died in hurricanes.The storm slowed down so our timelines pushed back a little bit.....looking less and less likely we will re-launch ops on Monday due to the run-up effort needed. We are expecting a rainmaker more than anything, last I looked they were predicting 4-8 inches of rain. If it stays offshore the Carolinas better be ready.

At home the big debate is whether or not to bring in the patio furniture and grills. I am leaning toward no at the moment.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

i wouldn’t mess with moving around anything if you live closer in shore. Right now it looks like it’s staying off shore. But then again the track changes on this fucker every few hours. It’s shifty as can be. Last night it went from looking like it was gonna stay away, to making impact around palm beach, to oops never mind gonna stay at sea again, all within a matter of hours.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Hey y’all watch this

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Hope you guys are doing OK with all that shit going on down there...

Meanwhile, today I feel like I've finally caught up with shit around the house for the first time in months.

Work has been insane with 50-60 hrs a week being the norm... and with a weird time zone shift (my main client, with 3 projects that I oversee, is in Japan) even when I do have time off it's so fucking distributed over the day there never really is any solid block of time to do my own shit. It's been really fucking up my quality of life, so I've finally started to really clamp down on that. That means that when I'm done work at night, it's not just a couple hour break to go have dinner and then come back for 2-3 more hours of meetings... I can finally go do shit for a solid 4-6 hours in my shop, or watch a movie, or something like that.

Today I finally felt like I've got the maintenance around the house done so I can move on to "my" projects. Replaced the capacitors and fan motor in the AC unit, swapped out my winter tires on my truck, replaced an outdoor GFI outlet for our front spot lights, cleaned the garage, etc.

It's a long weekend, and I took 2 extra days at the end of it, so I can now focus back on my home office reno.

Just poured myself a big-ass rum and coke, the steaks have been in the sous vide all afternoon, bbq is on, and the fresh romaine and swiss chard from the garden are prepped.

And a nice bottle of red wine is decanting.

I very well may pass out by 10pm tonight after chewing some back pain / muscle relaxants (Robax Platinum FTW!), but man... it's been a satisfying day... first one in a long time.

Hope all y'all are having a great weekend yourselves.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

yeah, been watching that for a while now...

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just turned it on, thanks for the reminder guys!

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

House we’re in can’t show YouTube on the tv, can you believe how old that thing is?

so my 6 and 3 year old are watching it very excitedly on my phone. Showing them clips of people walking on the moon, explaining how gravity works and why the astronauts are “upside down.” My 3 year old is hopping around the house pretending he’s on the moon now

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where are they splashing down? Isn't there like a hurricane off the coast of Florida?

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

theyre splashing down in Florida 19 hours after departure. Hurricane should be well and gone by then. Hopefully. But remember it’s safe to fly in hurricanes anyway we learned

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoever invented car alarms can go suck a fat dick. The worst part: The most obnoxious alarms are always on piece of shit cars that no one would EVER want to steal!

These days, if a car comes in with a shitty alarm system that resets itself and goes off every 30 seconds, you know what I do?
    I CUT THE WIRE TO THE SIREN.

Probably the worst one I've ever seen was around 2001: Some really fat guy had a late '70s Chevy van that he would bring in for an oil change every couple of months; that thing leaked so much oil that every time he brought it in, it only had a couple of quarts left in the pan.

Anyway, his alarm was operated with a little keypad next to the steering column; it was about the size of a calculator watch, and the buttons were so small you had to use a pen or a small screwdriver to press them. You had to punch in a six digit code within about three seconds, or else it wouldn't start.
    But because the buttons were so small, and the window of time was so short, it took about ten tries before you could finally start it.

And of course, because I was able to get it right, suddenly I became "the guy" to work on it every time it came in.

It's that way with breathalyzers, too. I'm the only guy in the shop who knows how to use one.

Fun fact: I'm the only guy authorized to install breathalyzers at my job.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    One of my baseball card sets I'm really proud of is my 1971s. They are ridiculously condition sensitive because they have black boarders that are prone to chipping and show every little flaw. I've put together a very high end set that doesn't have any card below EX (Excellent), most are in the NM (Near mint - as in just out of an opened pack.) I've been working on the set for about 3 years and am down to needing about 35 more cards.

Anyways, the reason I bring this up is I just added the last 3 high dollar cards I needed: Jim Palmer, Tony Perez, and the great Roberto Clemente. Not only are they Hall of Famers, the cards are in the rare high number series. Back then cards were released in groups or series and the high numbers were issued when baseball season was pretty much over and they weren't bought with the furor that the earlier series were, so there were much fewer printed....and they are thusly much more expensive, even the commons. (My '61 and '62 sets I paid about $20-25 each for high number commons.)

Here's the Clemente I just picked up, it's probably the lowest quality card in my set, but I didn't feel like kicking out $300+ for the damn thing. (I got this one for $85)

rc.jpg

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, I thought the splash down was today. I also see now that they're landing in the Gulf on the west side of Florida. I honestly didn't know they ever did that.

Man, this thing looks filthy compared to when it was all new and shiny and first docked. I didn't realize it could get dirty in space, either.

upload_2020-8-1_18-59-25.png

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

space dust man

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was sun shining and hot. I swam with manatees and watched a dolphin fully breach. I really really don’t want to go back to Ohio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.