Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HURRICANE ISAIAS WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, in Vancouver, which is very much a working port, there are stretches of shoreline where old chemical businesses have stored all sorts of shit on site, then gone bankrupt, and nobody wants to buy the land because it comes with a huge environmental assessment and a multi-million dollar cleanup fee right at the start. So instead, they still sit there, abandoned, leeching shit into the water.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They are shipped in those bags. It needs to be STORED in sealed, air tight containers because that prevents it from becoming a solid, dangerous mass. When stored, the place of holding can have no trap doors, no drains, pockets, floor joints, ANYTHING where it could flow it if becomes heated and molten. Nothing about the room can be combustable from the walls and floors, to the materials kept in it.

In those photos, it’s stuffed in there like a giant Goodwill bin. The exact opposite of how to store it.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Isn’t the McBarge STILL floating out there in Maple Ridge?

C9F08E0A-C5B2-46F0-B437-E03E11731481.jpeg

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

We adopted a kitten. He’s pretty chill.

F1F903B8-E794-4B38-85A6-CB9C8ED76246.jpeg

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

also, does anyone know what breed of cat that is? He has an extremely long tail and it's freaking us out. Thing is longer than his body.

Didn't post it in the pet thread because I figured with all the craziness going on in the world with fertilizer exploding, we need some cute animal pictures now and again.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I wanna know why all the good snacks are taken off the market or out of my store location. Honey mustard pretzels? Discontinued! Apple cinnamon rice cakes? Not in my store! Goddamn I just want some tasty dairy free snacks. Can't even eat my beloved sour cream n onion Stax due to buttermilk powder.

On the other hand, going strictly dairy free is an effective dieting tool. I'm an unwilling participant but it works.

I made peanut butter cookies with coconut oil the other day. In case you're wondering, they sucked.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Dairy free due to medical or just wanting to try it out? I've been trying to convince my wife to give it a shot since every time she has more than even a little bit of cream in her coffee she clears rooms with her farts. I get that ice cream tastes good, but I also don't think it's worth stinking up half the house for half an hour thereafter.

On a somewhat related note, I'm trying a vegan protein powder. Half the people say it makes you fart horribly, half say it's clean and actually causes less bloating. Time to flip the coin and find out.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Probably a Mask-And-Mantle Piebald aka “Tuxedo Cat”. He’ll grow into his tail, especially if you take that yacht anchor off his fucking neck.

Edit: don’t you also shoot cats? Would he be safer with a nice South-East Asian family?

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Sounds like she is lactose intolerant. They make pills that are super effective at preventing those smelly side effects. You just take them with the dairy food. I'm actually highly lactose intolerant and have experience in this arena. Equate extra strength lactase pills work pretty well but 21st century advanced probiotic blend works the best and help your gut health in other ways

The totally dairy free thing has to do with the kiddo. Baby's ass is totally torn up with diaper rash and it's the dairy. Apparently it's not a lactose problem, it's a problem with the bovine protein. We got the rash down a lot with prescription meds and diet changes but it was still worsening in new areas and I figured out it was trace amounts of dairy in shit like butter, chocolate chips.

Turns out I eat a fuckton of dairy. Lactose free milk, cheese, butter, cottage cheese, yogurt, flavorings, chocolate. It is every where.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

took the collar off his neck. It was a really small one with negligible weight, but guess anything like that could make a difference when they're rapidly growing. Mainly wanted it for the bell just to know where the hell he is.

And no, I don't shoot cats. Never have, never will. We now have two cats and three dogs, all of whom were adopted. I love animals and have taken in various animals over the years until we found a home for them. Pests, predators, those guys are fair game. Love my pets dearly though.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Very sorry. Who was it on here who shoots cats again? I thought it was a Texan.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

My sister used to date a guy who once shot at feral cats with his bow and arrow. Don't think I ever told that story but if I did maybe that was it? We found out and very politely let him know that wasn't cool and he wouldn't find it fun to do it again.

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're probably talking about me.
    I will absolutely shoot a stray cat (or dog) if it looks unhealthy, mangy, dangerous,etc., AND HAS NO COLLAR.

At least I did, at my old house.

Out in the country, there is no "Dog Catcher," so you are the animal control official.
    Now I live in a neighborhood, and I don't want to talk to cops about gunfire.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Happy IPA day you stupid fuckers.

Soon as I read that it was IPA day today, I poured myself a nice non-alcoholic milkshake IPA by Surreal Brewing. It contains lactose, sorry 'wildered. Tastes like a Whataburger vanilla milkshake + hops. And at only 65 calories I can have a 6 pack without worrying about it affecting my gut.

15. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Shooting cats outside the cities in Australia is essentially a public service. They don't want people doing it though because allowing it a) brings out the sadists, and b) can spread disease.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Australia HAS to keep its animals at bay because they would kill us all if they ever escaped there. A country-sized Midnight Meat Train.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

oh you mean this?

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Didn't they cull millions of feral cats by putting out poison ( local wildlife immune) sausages? Are they going to do it again?

Feral cats were a real problem in Hawaii. They just wreck havoc on all the island species. Military abandoning pets really put gas on that fire. I was pretty disgusted with the attitude of a lot of service members out there.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah feral cats are a problem. Relevant wiki article on cat predation on wildlife. Around here, they do more good than harm, but there are absolutely areas where they can and do destroy the ecosystem.

Just wanted to put that link there before anyone got up in arms about people killing feral cats under specific circumstances in specific areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.