Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HOPPY EASTER [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Easter weekend!

Anyone dying eggs? Or cosplaying a couple bad bunnies?

We have company this weekend. So we are doing wholesome #FamilyTogetherness activities. I don't know what we will be eating, but... hard cider is appropriate for breakfast, right? I think so!

[​IMG]

Happy Friday to you idiots. Be good! (Catholic jokes. Kill me)

2. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Strugglign to get my kid interested in going outside and making friends with randos. I might just have to resort to just doing cycling with him. Need to get a good cycle path laid out where if he gives up, it's not more than a 2km walk home.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our Easter started out with the inlaws coming over. Then her sister's family. Then my brother's family. Then some friends. Then some more friends. Then some neighbors. All in, should be pushing 20 people. Our house isn't that big so if the weather doesn't cooperate, it could be interesting where to put all these people.

4. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Be watching the Gamecocks women’s team in the elite 8 with my dad and then grilling a whole tenderloin. Gonna be 80 and sunny. Porch beers aplenty.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gamecocks' day sounds better. Sorry GTE.

Also, in that Playboy Club pic 'wildered posted, two of them look like dudes.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My mom just got back from a 3 week cruise in Bali/Bangkok area... so no family is coming by for Easter because they want to ensure she didn't bring The Covid back with her.

I'm more than OK with that.

My sister is cooking an Easter dinner tomorrow and will drop off a meals-on-wheels helping for us.

I'm quite OK with that.

So this 4-day long weekend is basically just me and Zoe hanging out while my mom sleeps and tries to get back on this time zone. It's awesome.

In case it wasn't blatantly obvious, I really don't like most of my extended family. My sister's husband is a fucking bore, and his mother is an old bitter woman who constantly rails against me, so the fewer "family dinners" we have together, the better.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried to buy something off mercari for the first time. The seller said he wouldn't sell to me because the item was expensive and he doesn't sell expensive items to people with less than 10 reviews. He said that mercari return policy is so favorable to the buyer and that he doesn't want to get scammed. He wanted me to initiate the cancelation so he didn't charged the 5% or take the hit on his account. I refused, said you ship it or you cancel it. He finally canceled.

I'm thinking about buying the item again and again until he either blocks me or ships it.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or you could have a couple friends make accounts and do the same thing.

10. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We did our family Easter yesterday. Everyone brought finger foods and desserts. For the festivities, the younger kids got to hunt easter eggs filled with candy. The older "kids" got to hunt eggs filled with airplane bottles of liquor.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Is it the meeting people or the going outside that is hard?

Meanwhile over here, my kid wants to be friends with everyone and give hugs to all the other kids. We have had recently had talks and coaching about how to approach people, introduce yourself, and read body language if someone isn't receptive to a hug.

We went to an Easter egg hunt yesterday with the kiddo. Today we have been cooking up a storm. FIL's girlfriend has Irish heritage and loves all things Irish. We picked recipes from my McGuire's Irish Pub cookbook. Guinness stout pot roast with bloody mary bread. Sally's baking addiction recipe for carrot cake. I also made my mom's deviled eggs recipe, and we are drinking white Russians. We had frozen Irish coffees earlier as well. This drink is so goddamn strong. I am about to get fucked. Up.

IMG_20240331_155215_(2000_x_2500_pixel).jpg IMG_20240331_155135_(2000_x_2500_pixel).jpg

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Tonight was the easter dinner for us... well, in theory.

With my mom and my sister's MIL just getting back from a cruise in Indonesia/Bali/Bangkok, my sister didn't want to be part of any family get-together due to COVID fears and her immunocompromised self. So she offered to deliver everyone a meals-on-wheels type deal.

Great idea, super thoughtful, but holy shit was it bad. A bizarre broccoli salad, scalloped potatoes that were beyond dry, and a hunk of ham that was less than appealing.

"Luckily" my mom is sick in bed with some sort of cold (tested negative for COVID), so I just ordered a pizza and finished binging 3 Body Problem.

So all in all, it was a good night for me.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Why did the Easte bunny hide his eggs? Because he didn't want anyone to know he was fucking the chicken.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like that fifth White Russian has kicked in.

We had the in-laws over for a pretty basic meal- a roast chicken and a pork loin roast, mashed potatoes and squash and green beans. It was also a send off for my nephew who is moving south for a job opportunity. All in all, a nice day.

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone come back from a cruise without some sort of disease? The damn things seem to be plague boats.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Carrot cake
    IMG_20240331_190033_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Mom kind of got out of bed this afternoon with a bit of an appetite. She was craving some scalloped potatoes and ham, so asked me to heat some up for her.

“Mom, it’s not good. I don’t want it.”

“Your sister worked hard on that, and I’m sure it’ll be great. “

She popped the lid off of things and said, “this looks like prison food” as she poked scalloped potatoes that were more like poker chips layered in dirty water.

She opted for a slice of delicious pizza and went back to bed.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone freaking out over the eclipse next week? I requested the day off months ago but all the cloud cover predictions are not looking good for the day and time. Don’t really have a plan but I regret not driving to the peak totality of the 2017 since I was out of work anyway that summer and it was only a 4-5 hour drive. Last minute shit show driving hours on end this year is ultimately a gamble too. The middle of totality is like an hour from me just crossing my fingers it all works out. Got to see some of the one this past fall which was right in the middle of a football game but it clouded over like 20 minutes in. Womp. I bought a set of 10 glasses hoping to scalp them since there was a huge run on them last time but it looks like they were prepared this time.

#18 Kubla Kahn, Apr 2, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New York State sure as hell is. And even though we're about 2 hours from the "path of totality" the local media won't shut up about it. I'm still hoping the school district will smarten up and use a snow day ( we've got a few left, since winter never really happened ) instead of the plans for early dismissal they're currently going with. My students will be in school about 2 hours before they're going back home. What's the point?

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Very cool! The news is already full of panic. Niagara Falls is supposed to be a fantastic place to watch this year, and they've pro-actively declared a state of emergency. Shitty motel rooms are going for $1k a night.

I personally have no time this year to do any viewing, but if the weather is anything like the week they've forecasted, it would be a waste of time anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.