Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HOPPY EASTER [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bad ideas are fun ideas, like the man said. But at some point we have to pay the piper.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It should be mandatory that we leave instructions for our spouses or family to come here and inform the board how we each died. So we don't speculate how it happened, or if someone left because their feelwings got hurt. And I really don't want to miss what finally gets ROTN.

Some of us have been posting on the same message boards for close to 20 years. We have a right to know what happened to you.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

the tumor is gonna come back. I thought that was a given?

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is one of the things I hope you and your family never have to endure again.

#24 Fiveslide, Apr 12, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

me too, and thank you. Honestly man. Covid, especially long covid, was objectively worse though. Especially mentally. For almost exactly three years I barely had the endurance to walk up a flight of stairs. I'd help my boys ride their bike for like 10 minutes outside, then have to go take a nap. I had so little energy that as soon as I got home from work, I'd go lay down and nap, wake up, then go back to sleep. Worse, we didn't know if I'd ever get better, or if it was permanent. Complete mind-fuck for everyone. Hell, just today was the first time since I got covid that I was able to mow and edge both the front and back yard in one day!

That's why I think it will have to be something really big that will kill me. I can survive a lot. The tumor coming back in cancerous form would certainly qualify, but then again medical advancements are happening so rapidly that it might be a moot point in a few years anyway. At my last neurologist checkup, I think around 5 years ago, I was informed that, had the tumor happened then, the protocol would have been to basically disintegrate it via laser, and that such an procedure would have been done on an out-patient basis. I thought he was fucking with me until he didn't laugh.

Why this shit isn't on the news, I'll never understand. Doesn't get clicks I guess?

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My father-in-law got a replacement heart valve 8 years ago - an incredibly invasive operation that requires a multi-hour surgery and broken ribs. A lot of the healing process is simply recovering from what they had to do to your body to get at your heart. His recovery was about as perfect as you could ask and it was still days in the hospital and weeks of pain and challenges afterwards.

My mom got a valve replacement last year using a technique that wasn't quite available when my father-in-law had his. They made a 1/2" incision in her groin and slid the new valve up her artery. Took about an hour. It was so easy and painless that she actually felt better waking up than when she went in. The extent of her after-care was, "don't run for a week because you have sutures on your leg."

Fucking amazing. Just 7 years between their surgeries.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

A few weeks ago my step-father had several vertebrae in his back fused, and some kind of cage support contraption put in there along with rods. It would have been out-patient, but because they were running late and ended up doing the procedure later in the day, he ended up having to stay the night at the hospital. A few hours after he was released from the hospital he was helping me on the boat. Several days later he was playing tennis again. He just turned 71.

I read an article recently where scientists theorized that it's now possible to live to be over 140 thanks to medical advancement and what we know about proper exercise and nutrition. I 100% believe that's not only possible, but that there's quality of life to be had at that age as well.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Hopefully Willard Scott is still around to include you on his Smuckers shoutouts.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mom is on one lung, one hip, short 3 working vertebra, 2 boobs, and still smokes.

My asthma gets triggered by thinking about a cat, I work out religiously and consume vegetables like I'm trying a brontosaurus' diet.

If I live to her age, I'll be astounded and so rife with regret, STI's, and tumors, I'll be an example of what not to do to a bunch of people who want to live to be 140.

In other news, I got a hot tub off FB marketplace for $800. Another $200 in chemicals, covers, and accoutrement, and it's tits. 10/10, highly recommend.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A Facebook hot tub needs more than $200 worth of chemicals to properly disinfect it. A medical grade UV laser and a commercial kiln may not even be enough.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What part of "I ain't trying to live that long" did you miss?

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The part where I assume you want to live at least another six weeks without your dick rotting off.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hot tubs… ew. All I can think is “human soup”.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

from the moment you are born, every breath you take is one step closer toward your inevitable death. So why not cram as much fucking fun (and fun fucking) in there as possible? I'm want to live as long as I'm having fun. Have you seen these 90 year olds running marathons and shit? Fuck yeah

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

7 mile run yesterday, finishing just past sunset with my headlamp. The views did not suck.

And no, this picture does not have any filter on it at all. Taken with my phone as I was running.

Attached Files:

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Great pic.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They are petri dishes for everything about us that is gross. Owning your own hot tub is fine, especially if you have chronic pain. But stick to your own.

Communal jacuzzis? You may as well be full-on Bug Chasing.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Thanks bud. The camera on the new iphone is fucking insane. I'm not a huge techy guy and don't understand specs, as I've proven time and time again here, but I just know it completely blew me away. I was running at about a 10 min/mile pace there when I took that (and a few other ones) and it adjusted the shutter speed or some shit to get it just right. Like an auto-steady or whatever. I HATE running with my phone, but given my history of turning minor incidents into major accidents, having it with me is a good safety protocol, even if I'm just running on the ranch like last night. Plus occasionally I can snap some beautiful shots. Or the phone will get them I mean. No skill involved for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.