Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HOPPY EASTER [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think my mother-in-law got ripped off by an HVAC company. It's been a long time since I paid someone to charge our system with refrigerant, and won't do it again since I got trained to do it through the apartments. They billed her $600 to charge hers up, along with other costs for an annual service.

What did y'all pay last time you had it done?

She's going to dig out her receipt, but I'm pretty sure they ripped off an old lady because they thought she didn't know better. I just paid $99 for enough r410a to fill the system up three times, if it we're entirely empty.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Depends on the refrigerant. If the one she uses is no longer produced (e.g. R22, etc.) then she will be paying a premium for it. I was paying about $600 before I had my system replaced because of that very reason.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's r410a, which is cheap. I got 25 pounds for $99. The system only holds 8.5 pounds. I think they fucked her.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The remastering of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater is everything I’ve ever wanted.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It gives blowjobs and free beer?

6. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You had me at free.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was thinking of getting that and do a nostalgia night with it. That music is a deep connection to my weinery teenage rebellious phase. That Goldfinger song encapsulates my middle school life entirely.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's worth it, especially on PS5 where its in 4K (kind of).

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I didn’t realize until I searched after seeing your post it was just released for ps5. I saw the ps4 version online when I first got the system but didn’t want that. I’ll pick it up. I was at the mall just yesterday trying on Doc Martens and stopped at a Hot Topic to see if they had the ones I wanted. Right back in middle school. The whole mall experience was a time warp filled with tweener girls dressed like hussies. Quite the experience.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I found the problem.

Screenshot_20210406-163738.png

11. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Do it. I bought it when they 1st released it, but honestly, MORE companies should be doing this. there's an entire generation that would play the original Mario-cart/Golf/etc, but to get it onto their 55+ flat screen, the pixels are literally 1''. Just make it pretty, and take my 40 bucks, Nintendo, wtf...

I AM embarrassed to admit I didn't know they added a Machine-Gun Kelley song until it came on my radio....

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they do that, we ARE doing a TiB tournament. Not that shitty N64 version, the real OG SuperNes version.

Bring. That. Shit.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The SNES Mariokart will always be the definitive version.

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Double dash on the GameCube was by far my favorite.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus H. Christ...

And YOU found it, NOT the trained service technician...
    (There may be other problems, for the record)

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Is that a legit hole in the refrigerant line? It for sure looks like a dent... but it's hard to see if it's an actual hole.

If it is, holy shit would I lose it on that HVAC company. I can only imagine the wear and tear on that system running while dry.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got it. Worth it. Im going to have to deselect all the new songs though. Boy I used to be so good at this game. Little bit of a learning curve to get back in the flow.

SNES Mario Kart was always my favorite. I never had a Nintendo system after that so I never got a whole lot of playing time in. The Wii version my roommate had in college was fun as hell though. Im hoping for a full Metal Gear Solid series remaster. Supposedly MGS1 is being completely redone and the others are being remastered but not totally confirmed.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m seriously considering getting a Switch, just so I can play the reissue of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. Weird fucking game, but I loved it.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Last night I played for 3 hours straight in a slightly drunken state. I started to feel the utter frustration at this game I have felt since middle school. It was perfect.

Yeah, Turok was always a strange one. The only time I ever played it was when I went to the mall. Electronics Boutique had a playable N64 on display and the only game they had on it was that one. It sat there for at least 5 years.

20. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a new hole. It was from the original manufacturer's chafe protection, that hose clamp holding rubber around one pipe was rubbing a hole through the other. The old HVAC company did their work a year ago, I just think they charged her too much.

@Nettdata it's an eroded spot in the line the size of a small bolt. The actual size of the leak was a small pin hole that made it through. I soldered over it, charged it up and it is running fine. I pulled the pipe to the side for the photo, you wouldn't be able to see it if I didn't.

Also, it didn't get run a lot while empty, but some. It's a scroll compressor, which has about 70% fewer moving parts and are supposed to be more reliable. I guess we'll see how long it lasts.

#80 Fiveslide, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.