Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HOPPY EASTER 2022 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Easter weekend!

Here are some Easter bunnies
    [​IMG]

We aren't religious so we won't be doing anything church related, but I try to celebrate all the holidays and seasons with the kiddo. The house is decorated with eggs and several new books related to the Easter bunny have entered the book rotation. On Sunday we will wear nice clothes, take a picture together, have an Easter egg hunt, give the kid an Easter basket, and have a big dinner. The town is having an under 10 flashlight Easter egg hunt tonight but bebe will be fast asleep.

Does anyone have a fun Easter tradition?

Today I had the attic insulated professionally. This house has horrible draft issues. One of the worst places was around the oven, where I could literally feel a draft that was either cold or hot depending on the outside weather. Turns out there's a hole in that wall and no insulation inside the walls there. We didn't know about the hole and insulation got blown all over the kitchen. Womp womp. Next, I have a contractor coming to look at the fence which is fucked again. Gonna spend that tax refund all in one weekend.

Enjoy your weekend, folks.

[​IMG]

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mom still got us easter baskets up until a few years ago. All Reeses eggs. The closest thing to a tradition I have now is still having a weakness for the buy 2 get one free Reese's/Cadbury egg special this time of year. I gave it up for keto for a year or two but Im back this year.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even as they’ve gotten older, I always got the candy and put together Easter baskets for our sons. But this year with one away at college and the other almost done with high school it completely slipped my mind. Thankfully my wife picked up a few things, so, good enough.

We always have dinner at one parents’ house or another, usually my wife’s. But we have to take son #1 and his girlfriend back to campus so we’re going to my parents house then hitting the road for a four hour round trip.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Easter is more about just having a ham dinner with family, with some chocolate thrown in.

This year it'll be the first in a long time that the whole family isn't together as my mom is off on a cruise, but the rest of us are lucky because just about everyone else we know are isolating with COVID right now.

More than anything, Easter is a nice 4-day long weekend.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man I miss the easter egg hunts I used to do for my nephews when they were kids. As they got older the hunts got harder and harder, but rewards in the eggs increased, 10’s and 20’s in some eggs. My favourite spot was a yellow egg tied up in a lemon tree with a bunch of lemons. Took them forever to find it. Close second was taking out a light bulb from the chandelier.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

About 8 years ago I flipped the tables and did an Easter egg hunt for my mom. It was the first Easter without dad, and she was pretty depressed.

I flew in from BC and a friend of mine came in from Toronto, and we had Easter weekend with Mom and the family. We ended up doing all the cooking, etc, but the really fun part was we bought a ton of those Cadbury chocolate eggs, and hid them EVERYWHERE. Told mom about it and she started looking. She had a blast while we just sat there drinking mimosas.

A year later she'd be Spring cleaning and I'd get a text pic of her finding yet another egg.

I even found one last year.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh man, a Cadbury egg hunt sounds amazing.

Might have to pick some of those up today. I tend to inhale them so I have to be very conservative about how many I bring into the house...

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... they were the small ones, and we put them EVERYWHERE. That fine china sugar bowl that has never been used in 20 years in the back of the sideboard? 2 eggs in it. That fancy serving dish in the back of the cupboard that hasn't been used in 10 years? 2 eggs. That bread basket you use for summer dinners on the deck? 5 eggs. That ornamental pig you have on your shelf that you dust once a year? 1 egg inside.

The time-delayed memory reminders that resulted was an amazing side effect.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So does my mom, which was the motivation she had for finding them. She was happy to report that even a year later, they were still edible.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I bet. The little ones have a super thick coating.

I like those too but the big filled ones are thebomb.com. Shrinkflation sucks though. They were bigger when I was younger.

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My kitchen counter was a lot taller when I was younger, too.

Does anyone remember the fruit snacks that were just…little pellets? They weren’t any shape or any theme, just flavored pellets. And they were AMAZING. I remember the day I could climb onto the counter and get them myself…it was a blessed day.

EDIT: Sunkist Fun Fruits!

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This conspiracy goes straight to the top though.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Shrinkflation with the Cadbury eggs is real.

upload_2022-4-16_9-6-4.png

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@kuhjäger beat me to it.

There's articles written about this specific item shrinking, pictures of the eggs across the years.

The quality of chocolate isn't the same either.

I'm not bitter about this at all.

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. I know what shrinkflation is.
    I wasn’t denying it was real, I was just also commenting that I’m a taller fatter person, who still wants to eat his favorite fruit snacks of the 1980’s, only from a pouch size directly proportional to my current shape.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone who doesn’t get jokes should be executed.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chapstick, too. I've carried a tube of Chapstick in my pocket since forever ago. A few years back, the diameter got smaller. I didn't realize it until I came across an old tube in a drawer. I don't eat it, though, so it's not as dramatic.

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it isn’t supposed to be eaten then why does the cherry one taste so good?

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I resemble this remark.

Don't get me started on Fudgesicles. I remember barely even being able to finish a whole one when I was a kid. Now? They feel like that "glass" of orange juice you get that is about 1.5 ounces... just a couple of nibbles and it's gone. Never mind they're nowhere near as fudgy as they were, they're now mostly frozen brown water.

Which is an interesting thing... there are a ton of brands that were known for high quality products, only to be bought out, "efficiencies" introduced that inevitably kill that quality, and they make a killing until people clue in and stop buying because the quality no longer matches their historical reputation.

Ice cream... Breyer's used to be high quality ice cream, then they got bought, and it's now all guar gum and that other shit that makes it cheaper to product and taste like shit. I now buy my ice cream from a small, private ice cream factory here (London Ice Cream Shop) who's tag line is "the way ice cream used to be".

They are so popular now they're growing like crazy, and a lot of local shops are stocking it.

More and more I see people saying "fuck it" to the big brands that are getting worse and worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.