Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

On focus, my mom passed about 3 years ago, so it's just flowers and lunch for my stepmom. Dad passed in January, so I don't want her sitting there alone.

On the alternative focus, when I was in middle school, I found a book of limericks that my much older brother had in his room. Read the whole thing, but memorized two because, hey, every young man needs to know that sort of thing, right?

There was a young plumber from Bree
    He was plumbing his girl by the sea
    She said, stop your plumbing
    There's somebody coming!
    Said the plumber, still plumbing...it's me!

As with any teenaged boy, I clearly was sex obsessed, the second rhyme is pretty close to the first one.

There was a lad from Kildaire,
    Who was having his girl on the stair.
    The bannister broke,
    So he doubled his stroke
    And finished her off in midair!

I have literally retained those two for decades.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've watched that video more than a few times so far... it's intriguing, to say the least... the dude is crazy talented. I'd really like to know just how much input the choreographer had into it, vs how much of it was his originality.

Not sure the song is as good on it's own, especially without the gun shots as segues...

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah he’s extremely talented. His style of music is so unique. Redbone has been in my rotation since it was released.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    New BabyMetal.

I'm underwhelmed. No footage of the girls dancing around, that's half the entertainment and fun of the band is watching those little bundles of energy dance their little hearts out.

Also, footage from their recent concerts here in the US show they've added a couple dancing girls and subtracted one band member (Yui.)

Damn it, their energy and chemistry worked so well in earlier music. Why did they have to fuck with it?

6. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Only in the past week did I discover The Night Flight Orchestra, despite their first album having come out in 2012, and despite being fronted by Björn Strid from Soilwork, whose album Natural Born Chaos is my #3 favorite record of all time. Yes, only this past week did I learn of the majesty that is:

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, I hope y'all had a good Mother's Day.

I took my Mom out for dinner last night as I was travelling all day today... and like an idiot I didn't make a reservation so there were a few tries at various restaurants that had crazy wait times.

Needless to say we ended up watching the Winnipeg Jets play at the local sports bar (that was quite empty... go figure), at the bar, and quite thoroughly enjoyed it surprisingly enough. (It's not normally her thing, but she seemed to really enjoy the game and the energy in the bar).

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, it looks like the server ran out of disk space and wasn't letting posts go through... and here I thought all you Idiots were just out spending time with your mothers.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would never be a reason.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was suspicious.

11. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This story made me laugh. The build up was to bizarre so fast.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is one of those pieces that is totally incomplete without the music video. There's no separating them.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Great stuff. I like how they have this massive, classic progressive metal sound but they dress like the Fabulous Thunderbirds. With bluescreen effects.

EDIT: are they a “supergroup”? Because that’s the bass player for Arch Enemy.

#33 Crown Royal, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's good to know that KFC in Australia features drunken tantrums, just like here in the States!

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, did you mean to post the Childish Gambino original, or the Carly Rae Jepsen remix version? Because, the remix is what's linked, and I'm not sure which video is being commented about in the follow-up posts.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Be honest: you don't care which version was posted because they both contain boobs

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m sure if the ratio of brawls-per-shitty eatery is still terrifically uneven.

It makes me wonder why people don’t intervene quicker. It’s not some street tough, it’s a stupid drunk white girl. Grab her by her pin head and throw her out onto the fucking ashphalt.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If she's dumb enough to do that crap, she's also dumb enough to try to sue you. She won't win, but it'll cause you unnecessary heartache for a good bit.

As long as everyone is out of the line of fire so to speak, better to just call the cops, let her throw her tantrum, keep everyone safe and wait it out. If you wanna take video to help fuck her in the courts, then great, but don't expose yourself to unnecessary liability if you aren't in physical danger.

That being said, if that drunk white girl does start targeting you and putting you in physical danger, or becomes a danger to other people, then yeah throw her ass on the ground and stop as quickly as possible. But no need to intervene in the drunken tantrum until it reaches that point.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yo Nett Bluesfest is back this year and has some names: Blue Oyster Cult, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Foghat, and of course Colin motherfuckin’ James to name a few.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell... might be worth tolerating the crowds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.