Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Exactly... the only people who'll see enough of it to pass judgment are some weird strangers on the internets.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I know slightly less than 0 about welding and thought it looked rad!

No judgement from this stranger on the internets.

3. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The chances of me getting a grilled offering on the other side of the world are about as good as the welding. I'd be sending the cat out to get some welding lessons before I let it loose with the welder again.
    Note to self, don't post pics of any of my splatter gun welds on the interwebby.

You could just carbonise some dead animal on the grill to cover up the shiny bits then take some more pics with mood lighting and appropriately placed shadows.

4. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hi fellow idiots! Just landed in Toronto and in about an hour, going to be catching our flight to Calgary then headed to Banff from there. I'm so excited! If anyone knows of any cool bars or restaurants in Canmore or Banff, let me know! @Whatthe... gave me some great hiking and adventure spots to try out so feel free to weigh in on food and drink as well. Happy Friday, all!

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you line up the /\ /\ /\ /\ with the burners underneath?

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Columbia ice fields, where you go out on the machine and walk on the glacier is pretty cool.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Take the cable car up the mountain in the town of Banff. Mind-blowing views and extremely tame wild sheep will pester you up there.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There are already flame guards right over the burners. There will be plenty of flame making it's way through the gaps if needed. (I also drilled out the original burner valve pilot holes so that I can easily flow 3 times the gas to get things nice and hot... it pegs the thermometer at 900°F, and is kind of warping the cast iron base for the bbq).

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, gotcha. Make sense. I was going to say that if the burner holes weren't under the /\'s, then flare ups could be an issue if fat was rendering right onto the flames. Great job!

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The two side bars (actually the second from the ends, below the main surface of the grate) are overlapping and filling in that gap in order to block the huge flames that happen with the current configuration. The flames came about as a byproduct of the way more gas/fire flowing into the sides of the bbq cast iron and deflecting up, thanks to me drilling out the pilot holes. This layout should make the edges more usable now.

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really think Lake Louise is highly over rated and if you drive up to Jasper I think there are way prettier lakes and places along the way. And also there is a newly constructed glass lookout where you can walk go and look straight down somewhere between jasper and Banff.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

2nd. Bow Lake on the Jasper highway/Icefields Parkway is just as beautiful as Lake Louise/Moraine Lake and far less people, if any. Totally worth taking that drive. If you like buses of obnoxious Chinese tourists, do Lake Louise.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Smoking the joint doesn’t make him out of control it just adds to the litany of stupid shit he continues to do.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’d call his tweet storm about taking Tesla private as much much more concerning behavior. Half a joint and some whiskey on joe rogan would probably help his situation. I haven’t listen yet he didn’t hold joe hostage with the sword and flamethrower did he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.