Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HALLOWEEN [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

“Trunk or Treat” has turned into a really big thing around here. There’s been a couple large events every day and night this weekend. A motivated kid could really clean up with minimal effort in this area.

But it certainly isn’t the same as trick or treating.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All Hallow’s Eve is upon us, folks. It’s time for our Devil’s Night double feature— Trick R Treat and Poltergeist.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Poltergeist is so tight.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did a double feature of Species and Species II. 90s were a wild time.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I miss when whole movies could be made and marketed around one nude scene. Like No Hard Feelings but not terrible.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Species was a great sci-fi horror with a great cast. Natasha Henstridge was stupidly hot. Species II, however, as best said Michael Madsen:

“…Dogshit! The worst movie I ever made, and I knew that while we were filming that it would be my all time-stinker.”

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Trick R Treat" was much better than I thought it would be .

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Species II remains the only movie in my life that I have ever paid for and walked out of.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was the Informant for me. Six of us went, two people fell asleep, and two wanted to walk. I tried to muscle through it but when I saw we still had about an hour left, we bounced.

11. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can think off five movies I've ever walked out of. Event Horizon, Devil's Advocate, Frequency, Battlefield Earth and The Bad Batch. Event Horizon and Devil's Advocate had scenes that just really freaked me out when I saw them. I went to Frequency and Battlefield Earth with some friends who wanted to leave, so I went with. Wish I had stayed for Battlefield Earth for the "so bad it's good" charm. But I hear it doesn't even muster that. The Bad Batch might be the most boring and slowly paced movie I've ever watched in my life. And I've watched Andrei Tarkovsky movies (which I do enjoy). I felt like I was just patiently waiting for one scene to end only to have to patiently wait for the next scene to end. It's a bummer because I really liked the director's previous movie A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only two for me-Krull and Bulworth. Both were incredibly bad. Bulworth had potential but Warren Beatty is an amazingly bad actor, whose go to expression is staring into the middle distance like a man who has forgotten his car keys, or maybe his middle name.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It wasn’t even a “So bad it’s good”. It’s fucking awful. The first one is not a masterpiece, but it shits all over it and wrecked a potentially good sci-fi series.

Final daytime shots:

IMG_3203.jpeg IMG_3207.jpeg IMG_3209.jpeg IMG_3208.jpeg IMG_3213.jpeg IMG_3205.jpeg

And the most terrifying decoration of them all, if you dare gaze upon true horror…

IMG_3211.jpeg

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh come on, it wasn't THAT bad. You've obviously never seen "Gerry" by Gus Van Sant... It is literally just Matt Damon and Casey Affleck walking through the desert with no dialogue.

Fun fact>: The Bad Batch is one of Jungle Julia's favorite movies. When we're going to bed, and we want to put something on to fall asleep to, she often picks this.

Yeah, Bulworth really was a bait-and-switch when it came out. They played it up to be this story about a rappin' congressman, but he doesn't take on that street persona until the last fifteen minutes of the movie... And then he gets shot.
    That's how I remember it, anyway. I saw it when I was in high school, and I was high as fuck.

Anyway, y'all should watch "Renfield." It's a horror/ comedy where Nicholas Cage plays Dracula.It takes place in New Orleans, for some reason.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We had over 650 trick or treaters— Not including their parents, etc. Jesus Hudson CHRIST I have never seen people like this. Simply because it didn’t rain for once it brought out everybody tonight.
    IMG_3215.jpeg IMG_3223.jpeg IMG_3227.jpeg IMG_3232.jpeg IMG_3216.jpeg IMG_3219.jpeg

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Halloween! It was a cold night, but we got out there. Trunk or treat in the afternoon, then we saw out neighbors, then we met with a friend and went trick or treating in their neighborhood. I hope the exhaustion overshadows the sugar.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nice job dude!

I didn't do fuck all... turned the lights off and cooked inner and drank wine in the back, hiding all light from the front of the house.

Our neighbour did it up proper, but only got about 8 trick-or-treators, all under 10, before 5:30pm.

Validated our decision to just ignore it this year, again.

18. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My kid picked my costume, he chose an inflatable Among Us devil. I literally just hung out inside this thing and sipped coffee. We're thinking about doing another trick or treat today, a nearby town rescheduled theirs for today because of yesterday's weather. I want to hang a bag with a few beers around my neck so I can drink those in it.

Screenshot_20231101_070632_Chrome~2.jpg

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was great weather yesterday and we had nary a trick-or-treater. Oh well, guess I'll eat the candy myself.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In case you all were wondering how the culture war is going, I went and bought a case of bud light to hand out to adults walking withe their kids. I was only able to hand out two of them. Last year I ran out of bud light. I thought it was just an internet thing. I was very wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.