Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HALLOWEEN [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Halloween is fast approaching. Did you decorate? @Crown Royal loves the macabre, let's see your yard.

We managed to carve a single pumpkin for the front steps. I have blown my creative holiday load on DIY Christmas and there's nothing left for Halloween.

Is anyone hosting a party? Planning on handing out candy for the kiddos?

upload_2023-10-27_13-27-32.png

Happy Friday! I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend. I gotta get busy before tonight... First frost and I still have green tomatoes out there.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Still decorating, still a big attraction for the “Halloween tourists” this year. Although we had to switch things around because we have new neighbours on one side of us who are not the Halloween-type.

Attached Files:

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

so you pointed it in their direction?

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Doing a Halloween-themed trail race tomorrow. The "spooky" part of it is that it's supposed to be a mind fuck: billed as a 25k (15 miles), but it's actually longer than that. Closer to 17. And it's 5 loops over absolutely shitty terrain. The actually terrifying part though is that it's been raining heavily and will continue tomorrow, degrading conditions enough that they announced they will now have EMS staged at the aid station and halfway through the loop. My goal is to make it through alive and without an injury that will prevent me from continuing training.

Marathon is in a month now. 20 mile race next week, then the taper. First hard freeze of the season on Monday, which is super early for Texas and does not bode well for our winter outlook for those hoping it's going to be warm.

5. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My kid got me good the other day. While I was gone picking him up from school, Wife put down these fake bloody footprints thru the hall going to the bathroom. I didn't even notice them when I got home. Without any direction from her, he sees them and goes in the bathroom letting out a blood curdling scream. I see the footprints as I run toward that end of the house and it never occurred to me that they were decorations.

We have a gorgeous, warm weekend here. I'm going to put the boat back in and go out for one last ride today or tomorrow before the freeze coming on Wednesday. Ima drink some wicked weed or voodoo ranger and drive the boat around.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lady friend from out of town wanted to have a party last week at the AirBnB but ended up reneging. I got an outfit for work. Weekend at Bernies 2 costume.

7. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The toddler has been saying that he wanted to be a pilot for halloween since we went on his first airplane this summer. I got him a cute costume, I turned his wagon into a little airplane with lots of cardboard and duct tape. And now he's insisting that he wants to be a fruit bat. Kids are weird.

I didn't manage a costume this year, but we did carve pumpkins and put out a few kitschy decorations, so at least we don't have the saddest house on the block.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Every single one of my daughter's friends is dressing up as Elsa. My daughter wanted to be a pigeon this year, so that's what she is.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Ended up in said EMS tent.

First loop, sipped on a rock and fell on my ass. Good news is garmin fall detection works, bad news is I gotta change emergency contacts because my wife doesn't give a shit. Decided to slow the fuck down and just power hike the hills and jog wherever smart. Still not enough. Second loop in, a tree root decided to get intimate with my ankle and that was all she wrote.

Had to go another 2.5 miles to the start/finish to get it wrapped and iced, but I should be fine for the 20 miler next week, though I might tape it or do it in a brace. My buddy completed the 5-lap 25k, though now his back is all fucked up and he's worried that he put his elk hunt in jeopardy.

I'm thinking I came out ahead?

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife bought decorations a few weeks ago. Those decorations are still sitting in the garage waiting for me to put them up. I have a feeling I'll end up hanging them on Monday to take them down on Wednesday.

We at least have a bunch of pumpkins the kids picked out a few weeks ago on the front stoop. Those may get carved tomorrow

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hated all of the "normal" Halloween costumes and my mom loved to sew, so she made all of my costumes when I was a kid. She'd go to the craft store and buy the old McCall's patterns and put it all together. I must have been big into animals because I went as a frog, a shark, a pig, and an alligator from ages 5-9.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I saw some cute decor at the store but I'm hella cheap, so I'm looking forward to the sales to enjoy next year a little more.

Although, the Fall shit at Walmart is already 25% off and I didn't see that wreath I was lusting after, so maybe not.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're rating a Walmart wreath as lust-worthy, you may have some other issues.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weird, haven't seen anyone want to be that for a year or 2 now

15. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is not a popular opinion, but that is the perfect duration for Halloween decorations. Why the fuck have people started putting up their halloween shit in september. Spooky wears off quick.

We’ve been sitting at our new house for the first Halloween here hoping at least one trick or treater (sweden does it sat before) would come by since we have all sorts of candy from costco. Halloween isn’t huge here but its been growing. Swung by our stockholm place this afternoon and loads of kids were out and I was excited to get back here.

Here, bupkiss. Not a child. Except for the one we just found out is inside jägerette an hour ago.

#15 kuhjäger, Oct 28, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Either you're due for a huge congratulations or y'all are freakier than freaky.

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it were up to me, Halloween decorations would only consist of a few jack-o-lanterns.

Also, Congrats!

18. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This made me think of Nett:

FB_IMG_1698522809943.jpg

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm cheap?

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I shop at Walmart, I am also cheap, I am glad Walmart exists. But, I don't think I've ever lusted after anything there. But, that's cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.