Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT]HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man I had this weekend set aside for some hardcore drinking. We usually celebrate one of my friend's birthdays around this weekend too. Then my fucking car wouldn't start the other day and Im forced to use my whole weekend fixing it. Shit.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That sucks. I don’t at all mind setting aside a weekend for work, as long as WORK was the thing planned. When work replaces planned fun, it’s miserable and wrecks your weekend.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well Im working on the 5-6 hours over your initial estimated work time principle. First major blunder/time suck is the fact that I had removed the hood release from the inside of my car a few weeks ago to remove the carpet and never put it back as I wasn't finished with this original job. Since then my fucking hoarder brother has filled the entire garage with stuff he collected in the past year moving to California and back and more left over job site equipment. An entire garage space is filled and my kick panel and hood latch are now lost in the mix. I can't get my hood open. Currently youtubing issue and not trying to break the wire.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

One of the best things about Youtube is DIY how-to videos. Nobody needs to go to shop anymore to do easy things like put in a light, check your fluids properly or change a tire or fuse. $50 to install a turn signal bulb? Fuuuuuuuuuuck you guys.

It’s amazing how many people don’t know the REALLY easy things. Like yesterday I saw a grown woman who didn’t know how to put gas in her own damn car. She made the Costco attendant do it. Jesus.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Do you live in Oregon?

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Everyone there rides e-bikes and unicycles. Because of the DUI’s.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Be careful. Cooking with wine leads to drinking wine which leads to highly relaxing times.

Also, learn how to reheat leftovers like a pro. Fried fish and fried green tomato are in the oven and I have a skillet for the tortilla. YESSSS LEFTOVERFISH TACOS.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very true, and also, I think some people just assume a lot of basic repair stuff is way harder than it actually is as well. Eg, I had to replace the driver's side mirror on my car about a month ago. The shop wanted $750 to do it. I had to go to Ace pick a part, and all said it took me a couple of hours, but I managed to get it done for $20. Was having to remove the whole door component and all that shit annoying? Sure, but I'm not quite worth $300+ an hour to employers so it really doesn't make sense to shell out that kind of money for something that really isn't very difficult.

Plus, with mechanics it is like anything else. Some are very good. Others fucking suck and will take forever to get something done, or they'll bill you for idiotic shit like spending 3 hours to 'research' where to find the part they need. Of course they upsell for stupid unnecessary shit too. They wanted to paint the back mirror component to match the car color I have when literally all you had to do was put the current one on the new component by removing a few screws.

There's some things you shouldn't be doing yourself unless you really know what you are doing. Other stuff though - there's just no reason to not take at least a few minutes to look into it and see if you actually need a professional.

Some people are just fucking worthless and don't want to have to do anything themselves. I really doubt the lady was legitimately too stupid to gas up her car. Every day we get fuck heads who send us 150 pages of drawings (90% of which is totally irrelevant to anything our company would be providing)and are like "quote me the metal."

Fuck you dude. You think I have time to do your fucking job for you, especially when I have no idea if you are going to buy from us or if the project is even going to get approved?

#28 Kampf Trinker, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Had to break out the big bottles and prime grade for Cinco de Derby
    FB_IMG_1525547400882.jpg

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That's the best part!! Tonight I'm making tuscan chicken. I always reduce some pinot grigio with the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, shallots and spices before I make the rest of the sauce. By the time it's over I'm about as sauced as the dish.

It tastes good though.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I shined on sitting half the day in an auto repair shop waiting room. I just couldn't face the sitting around, not only on the repair time, but also waiting even longer for the parts to show up.

I ordered the fan clutch and serp belt online and I'll get a mobile repair guy to come out to my job and take care of them. It'll probably save me money in the long run since the shop wanted almost $200 just to replace the belt. Fuck. That.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Son of a bitch.

Apparently a beginner hurdy gurdy is $1000-2000. That's more then I pay for my guitars.

I still want one though. Patty is awesome and has a foul mouth...my kind of girl.

I still want a hurdy gurdy, I'm just not paying $2k for a beginner instrument.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Welcome to the world of specialty instruments... it's got a fair bit of complexity to it... I thought a low-end one would be higher, honestly.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I knew it was going to be expensive, but I was thinking more $800-1000. I could do that for something playable.

And then I heard her talking about stringing it....Holy shit. She uses a combination of cello, violin, and nylon guitar strings. That's a lot of damn work, I don't care how awesome the instrument sounds. I can play the same notes on my guitar.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You could always get an autoharp, no? It's almost the same thing...

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Autoharps don't have the bottom end and the hurdy gurdy has a haunting quality to it that an auto harp can't match.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was being a bit sarcastic.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Sorry. It's kind of hard to tell sometimes, especially when one is espousing the virtues of a medieval instrument.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is a channel I subscribe to... he's a barn builder... hell of a carpenter. He's the guy that built DiResta's new big shop.

Anyway, he's just put up a video of him attending the Milwaukee New Tools 2018 reveal convention... it's pretty interesting.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Milwaukee Tools have been killing it lately, the electric Impacts and ratchets are fantastic, beat Snap On performance and price hands down. The wrenches are coming along as well.

If they can up the socket and hand ratchet game they will be a legit competitor for the truck/auto sector.

The woodworking stuff is solid although that’s a more saturated market, plenty of great options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.