Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT]HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the "mockaritas" at work today were lacking the above.

There are no women in sexy clothes during Cinco de Mayo. Trust me, I googled it. They are all wearing these:
    [​IMG]

Taken at Balboa park, the best place to walk for hours.

Focus: Your favorite taco/recipe. For me, fried fish tacos with pineapple coleslaw on little flour tortillas is A+. There's a place around here that has an awesome rendition. I think I need to go place an order for pickup.

Happy Cinco de Mayo you Idiots.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You gotta define that further. "Taco" is a food group, not a specific type. Like what's your favorite crunchy taco, soft taco, breakfast taco? What's your favorite flour tortilla taco? Corn tortilla? Are you making this for lunch or dinner? We could probably throw burritos in there too since they're just a soft taco that got obese.

My favorite breakfast taco though is chorizo and eggs. If you can find chorizo out of the casing, great, if not just buy it in the casing and take it out. So first take a large skillet and melt a few pads of butter. Toss in the chorizo. At this point if you want you can add other things, like pieces of raw bacon, onions (white or green), jalapenos, maybe some garlic. I usually just do the chorizo though and that's fine. Season pretty well with paprika and some cumin.

Once it's about 95% cooked, DO NOT DRAIN. Just add in your whisked eggs. Let all that grease and juicy awesomeness cook together and scramble the eggs into the chorizo. Once it's finished, take it off. Put it on warm flour tortillas, cover with shredded cheddar and hot sauce.

3. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This your first time using Google?

[​IMG]

4. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s derby day too. I got bunch of mint to make some juleps tomorrow. I’ve also got a bottle of
    Tequila. I’ll probably have 1.5 drinks because I have two kids under two and getting drunk makes me a bad dad. But man fantasizing about the debauchery that could be is giving me a massive boner.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No drinky for me, I'm driving to the airport in an hour. I'm about to pass out from fish tacos, the last thing I need is liquor.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Heading out in just over a week for a 5 day fishing trip on the May long weekend... can't wait. So much so that I've already started packing.

Also just finished making the last of the flies I wanted to take... took a few weeks here and there, but I got them finished tonight during the power failure.

IMG_5170.jpeg

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Cinco De Mayo is huge here with our large Hispanic population. It also means stay at home unless you want to get in a wreck with a drunk driver celebrating said holiday.

My weekend is going to involve sitting for hours tomorrow at an auto repair shop. It's time to replace my serpentine belt and my fan clutch. They're making funny noises on start up and not "Ha ha" funny. More like "Aw fuck, something's fucked up. I better check that out."

You have no idea how much it pisses me off having to pay someone to do something I could do in my sleep...I just have nowhere to do it.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That sucks... one thing I like about the local Canadian Tire is that they have no problem with you doing the repair in their parking lot, as long as you don't leak any fluids.

I have a neighbour who has a crazy loud bearing squeel when he starts up. I swear you think the engine is going to grenade or seize up... it sounds like every bearing on every pulley has zero lube in it. We'll be in the neighbour's back yard and he'll fire up the engine and we'll all stop and listen for about 10 seconds to see if THIS will finally the the time when shit blows up.

Surprisingly enough, it just keeps going.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Hot girls with bagpipes. Seriously...this is cool.

And just because I'm a sucker for Gaelic music, here's a redhead playing a hurdy gurdy and doing an awesome job:

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I managed to set the 'I'm a retard who uses power tools' bar high enough today that I would make even ROTN blush.

So if you have an annular cutter spinning at full speed and there's a little debris on the pin from the last hole obfuscating your view do you

A) Stop the machine and wipe it off?
    B) At least wipe it off with a long brush if you're stupid enough to leave it running?
    C) Leave it running AND stick your hand in there to wipe it off while wearing a loose glove that is easily caught because fuck yeah?

Well, if you are me the answer is C, apparently. The pin is about 1/2" lower than the cutter. It's like begging for an accident to happen. I have no idea what the fuck I was thinking. Of course, the glove catches and the cutter starts yanking my hand right through. It took a pretty good chuck out of my left index finger, and not so surprisingly, really fucking hurt.

On the way to the hospital my boss kept telling me stories. I'll sum up - "Well this one time I knew this guy who lost a hand because he just stuffed it into a rotating blade. It happens, ya know?"

I was like "I appreciate it, but the fact that there are other retards out there does not make me feel like less of a retard." He found this quite amusing.

Of course when I get to the hospital the doctor has to cut off all the flapping skin, which took an excruciating amount of time as it was hard for him to see with all the blood gushing out. I kind of feel like a bitch because I've certainly seen worse injuries, but that shit hurt worse than the accident.

Anyway, it looks really, really nasty but it looks like I'll make a full recovery. I got pretty lucky, all things considered. The biggest risk of course, and what will especially suck over the next month is making sure it doesn't get infected.

I think that might be hands down the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life. It's not even the pain that bugs me so much as how embarrassing it is. I haven't told most people I know yet, and I am not looking forward to answering the "How did that happen?" question God only knows how many times.

Oh, and guess who is still in charge of managing shop safety where I work? That's right motherfuckers, I am.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nice job!

You get the Idiot of the Month award!

At least you didn't lose anything that you can't replace.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is the lake we'll be fishing at... this will be the 15th year we've gone there (with 1 exception)... 4,000 feet, at the top of a mountain. We'll be lucky if the ice is off the lake when we show up in a couple weeks... can't wait!

IMG_2793.jpeg

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Mine's not quite that bad, but it's enough to annoy me. There's a squeal on start up that's not quite a slipping belt, it just sounds different. It goes away quickly as the engine warms up and becomes a "Tick ,tick, tick" with a hint of squeal when I'm into the throttle. The fan clutch has been seized since I bought the truck 5 years ago, I just figured I may as well get it changed since I'm paying to have the belt taken care of.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Makes sense.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Damn it. I really want a hurdy gurdy now.

The sound is awesome.

I'm in love...

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only dignity. You can always get more dignity. At the dignity store or something.

And perhaps the illusion that the employees who report to me and those that don't but are lower on the food chain actually like me. I spent about a minute screaming/cursing and gushing blood all over the shop. When you go in hard you got to go full circle and all that. Not one of the guys asked if I was ok or even stopped what they were doing. The most I got was "Does it hurt?" I answered in the affirmative and got an "Oh."

It's not like I needed help from them or anything but when thinking about it later I'm not sure quite what to make of that. They either really don't like me, are afraid of me, think I'm so fucking stupid that that was just expected and normal, or they're really oblivious. There's pretty loud machinery running and people are focused on what they're doing... so umm, there's that, but still...

For right now I just choose to go with believing they're oblivious because that makes me feel better.

Whatever. I'm so glad for beer on days like this. Also glad this is a weekend I had fuck all planned other than cards tomorrow because I don't feel like doing anything else. This is going to be an ideal weekend to finish up far cry 5 and catch up on Black Mirror.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have a set of Scottish bagpipes, but I really want to get a set of Irish pipes... they're the ones that did the majority of the Braveheart soundtrack... much more moody and emotional than raw "run into battle".

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Much better video:

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Diary,

Today on TiB I learned that there are more than one type of bagpipes. I thought they were all the WEAHHHHH WEAHHHHH WEAHHHHH deedley deedley deedley dee WEAHHHH WEAHHHH kind.

RoM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.