Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 4th of July DAY! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fresh available fruit/berries (without any big seeds that get stuck in your teeth or a straw), sliced up so that the insides (sugars) become easily exposed to booze. I find adding a slice or two of orange really ups the citrus flavour quite well. In this case, I had sweet cherries (that I pitted), red and white seedless grapes (that I cut in half), strawberries (cut in half/quarters), blueberries, and oranges.

Put them equally in the available mason jars (for easy single-servings), or in a big container.

I then add about 1-2 shots of Triple Sec to each mason jar.

About 1-2 shots orange juice per mason jar.

Fill up with a cheap (but not shitty) shiraz.

Let them soak for days (4-6 is good). I put lids on them to stop the evaporation of any booze.

To serve, dump into larger glass and then top up with cold 7-up (maybe 1/4-1/3 of a can).
    You can add ice, but I find that it just gets in the way of the fruit.

The red liquid is really, really tasty, but the gold is in the fruit... one bite into it and you know you're getting a buzz.

I've had them sit in the fridge for about a month with them just getting better and better.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That’s the same way it is out here. Fortunately we got a ton of rain last night, but literally the first time in months. And that didn’t help with the idiots shooting off fireworks the since about July 1.

If I was a firefighter I’d be pissed every time I got a call.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Holy shit.

From a news report about fireworks in Vegas yesterday:

There were 24,895 complaints filed on ISpyFireworks.com. However, the new website did not reduce the number of calls to 911 and 311.

In addition, there were about 54,000 calls to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, down slightly from 2017 when there were about 56,000 calls. However, fire responses were up from 127 last year to 137 this year.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

We got 3 inches of rain last night and there's several more inches on the way (that's what she said).

Tomorrow I'm gonna celebrate by running a few hundred rounds through my new glock 19, then grilling steaks and some peppers.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Not sure where else to put this, or if it deserves a different thread like the Chilean miners one, but...

Musk is putting his money where his mouth is in hopes to save the Thai soccer team stuck in an underground cave.

That cave is flooded by water from monsoon season, and they are running out of oxygen.

6. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

105* Wednesday and Thursday, 115 today at 1:00 today in the west San Fernando Valley (CA).

Only one asshole here setting off fireworks on the fourth. At least I hope they were fireworks - sounded more like an M16 on full auto.

Since we live in a brushfire zone, I'm not sure which is worse.

Same asshole that drove up our dead end street last month fast enough to lose control of his pick-um-up totalling two parked cars, one on each side of he street, and punching a truck shaped hole in the next door neighgbor's block wall fence.

Ain't neighbors grand.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Y'all aren't close to the wildfires that just started are you?

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Lucky you. It was 106 here at 2PM. By 3:30 it had jumped to 114.

I had a 1/2 hour drive home with a fucked up water pump and fan clutch, so I didn't dare turn on my A/C. I was drenched when I got home.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You’re a brave man to risk a 30 minute drive in Vegas with a fucked up water pump.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

It's still circulating, it's just clunking. Like a diesel. It only squeals on start up.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was in college, my Camaro had some serious trouble getting enough air flowing past the radiator. There was more than one occasion where I got stuck in city traffic and had the heat cranked to max in July/August. Eventually I spliced the wiring together so that the radiator fan was full blast whenever the key was on. I don't miss being poor.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, if he stalled, the hookers would have overtaken him!

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They keep running ads during the Braves games for Beaver Toyota. It's in Cumming, Georgia. They just had a sale called "the big one." And their spokesperson is a woman.

I know those are all just facts, but, hey, comedy.

14. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Lemme look out the window - nope, not this time. We're just in the foothills on the eastern slope of the Santa Monica Mountains. So we get a slight cooling breeze when the wind is on-shore. When the wind is off-shore, i.e., the hot, dry Santa Anas, the wind is predominately from the northheast. To our northeast there is virtually no nrush and mostly the business area of Woodland Hills. So low fire danger.

Since we have very sophisticated arsonists in California, they lnow to light up so the prevailing winds head for the large expanses of hilly brush. So we are pretty safe. No one remembers the last time a fire came really close much less through this little patch. Thus our nearby brush, that would be our back yard, has very thick brush and if it ever did catch fire and the prevailing winds reversed, we'd be screwed. So far, so good.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

The Monsoon has arrived here. It hasn't rained, but humidity has shot up into the 20-25% range.

I realize 20% humidity isn't shit, but when it's 108 and you're used to 4% humidity, it's a mother fucker.

I'm just sitting here sweating and hating life. You'd think that with that much humidity and heat the atmosphere would cook up some storms, but no such luck yet. There's some pretty good rainfall going on over in AZ, but I'm sure it's going to shit itself out long before it hits here.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We had about 100 degrees and 85% for a while. It sucks. Especially for Canada.

There’s a reason 33 people are dead due to the heat in Quebec.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I'll take 118 and low humidity over 90 degrees and high humidity any day of the week.

As far as dead folks, I think we've had 18 die in the last couple of weeks because of the heat and that's before this recent humidity. I'm sure the homeless are dropping like flies right now.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today was absolutely perfect weather wise. Cut some grass, did some shooting.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, today was absolutely awesome.

Went the the Home Despot to pick up some irrigation automation gear (new plants and a water fountain on the deck called for some "no maintenance" plumbing and timers), and got a screaming hot deal on a 4-zone automation timer. (returned unit that was $80 was on for $25 out of box... I tested it, bought it, and it works perfectly). Needless to say I dug out the Pex and various plumbing fixtures and spent a couple hours plumbing up the back yard.

The grass in my back yard has been shit. It was old, thin, and on hard-packed shitty soil. I've been working hard this year to re-seed and topsoil the grass, and it's finally starting to come around. Probably 80% of the yard is now grass that is that really vibrant green that new grass is... and it's EVERYWHERE. Coming in super thick... just waiting for it to toughen up a bit. Still, I feel like a regular Hank Hill right now... I'm happy with how it's going.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've also had a problem with a big skunk eating my nice new grass... and as a result I've upgraded my pellet gun with a red dot holoscope.... bring it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.