Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 4th of July DAY! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Inflatable pools are also great kiddie pins (without the water in them). My son is crawling everywhere so my wife got him an inflatable pool “baby jail” he loves.

A hell of a lot cheaper than the purpose-built stuff. And safer too.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would be the hottest temp ever recorded in Canada by 8 degrees. I think your conversion is off. The forecast says 92 on my phone.

Do homes in Canada have air conditioning? I only ask because I’ve spent some time in New England and there was a distinct lack of it.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Most houses around here have central air. Nowadays every home built comes with it. We certainly have it.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Lucky you. I'm sitting down here in the swamp with my window ACs blasting. My mom knocked on the front door a few minutes ago to pick something up and goes "oh, it's too cold!" She then refused to come inside and would only stand on the porch to talk to me.

No, it's not too cold! It's the perfect temperature to where I'm not constantly having beads of sweat drip down my butt crack. They leave their thermostat set on 80 and it's barely enough to even take the moisture out of the air. Hell naw.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Toytoy, don't do it.
    Those BMWs (all of them, really) are pieces of shit.
    At the shop I'm working at, I always get stuck with the German cars, and they do some of the stupidest shit on them.
    It is RARE that I see one that isn't leaking oil and doesn't have a warning light on the display (German cars throw codes like a pitching machine).
    Now, I know that someone is going to pipe up and try to defend those crazy Krauts, but ask yourself this: with all the bullshit you will have to put up with, is it REALLY better than an American or Jap car?

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They have the best interior for an older car compared to American or Japanese from the same time period.

When I used to wrench on Porsches or BMWs, there was a mythical German engineer named “Hans” that got yelled at a lot.

“Now why the fuck would Hansie do it like this? What, he thinks we all have hands the size of a fucking 9 year old?”. That would be followed by a frustrating half hour where we’d continue to tell Hansie to fuck his mother, get fucked, and go to hell.

The only thing worse is a Saab, and some Audis.

But I am a shade-tree, so have limited experience.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I yelled that exact same thing when I would work on my Rx7.

I just spent an hour talking to the guy with the convertible Z31. He is the second owner, bought the car in '85 with about 5K on it and had the conversion done that same year. It now has 55K on it. Everything works except for the compass (The sending unit for it was in the roof), the interior is perfect, and other then the body kit, convertible top and rims it is all stock. He's pretty firm at $6500.

But there are a few red flags....it's titled in California, but licensed in Nevada (I'm not sure how the fuck you do that), it's a salvage title (First gen 300's had an injector recall because they could leak and start a fire. Apparently this one had a fire. But.....everything works, so that may be a no harm, no foul.) And lastly, he spent an inordinate amount of time telling me how honest he is....that always raises my antennae. He also tried to tell me that Straman only did about 30 Z's, I quickly corrected him of that notion. The cool thing is, this one has a steel deck lid....which means it was one of the first ones converted! He seemed genuinely shocked when I asked him if it was steel or fiberglass.

I can't believe I'm seriously considering this, but it checks all the boxes for me: Turbo, manual tranny, digital dash (Some folks hate them, I just find them 80's cool), very low miles, 30+ years of ownership. If it hadn't had the top cut off and that body kit put on it, it would probably already be in my driveway.

I do know one thing, those rims/tires would have to go immediately. I also need to find out if lowering springs are still available, because that thing needs to lose some altitude.

z31.jpg

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just fucking do it and let us watch the aftermath!

Springs are not a big deal anymore... you can go online and enter your specs and they’ll custom make you a set exactly how you want them. Gone are the days of looking for inventory, thanks to computers and robots.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When you pay it off or buy it you live in California. Then you lwill be to Nevada. You don’t get new title. Just new tags.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If buying my Porsche in California taught me anything, it’s don’t have ANYTHING to do with the CA DMV if you don’t have to. Everything is either killing the planet or causing cancer and they don’t believe in having fun.

My car was designated a “gross polluter” due to it’s high HP turbo and lack of crippling emissions controls.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Today is the hottest day ever in the history of anything. It’s hotter here than Egypt. That’s pretty darn hot.

Naturally we planned a long weekend of outdoor family activities. Because we’re retards.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’ve been sitting in the back yard, in the shade, drinking/eating sangria, and watering my lawn and garden. Seemed like the right thing to do today.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The cat’s been doing the same.

CCD0F833-4868-43D0-A037-E5B8FE502235.jpeg 0C88B561-EC41-4355-ACA6-EDE5B5F79B07.jpeg

And the sangria has been awesome!

image.jpg

14. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drank the majority of a 12 pack of Narragansett Del's Shandy while floating around a friend's pool and chasing my daughter around their yard for most of this afternoon. It was wonderful. Hot, but wonderful.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I don't make decisions based on y'alls amusement. That being said, I've searched for early 300ZX's for sale and Jesus Fuck Me Running are folks off their rocker for what they want for them. Basically they're asking $7K for an '87 non turbo, automatic with 135K. Fuck that noise. I'm about half a beer away from calling the guy back and telling him he has a deal.

As far as aftermarket fun parts for a Z31, they were scarce 20 years ago, I'm sure it's worse now. I belonged to a Z31 community and some of the guys made parts....gutted intake plenums, sub frame connectors, strut tower braces, shock tower braces, pillar gauge pods, etc...I doubt any of that stuff is available now. I wish I still had those parts.

As it stands right now I'm probably going to give him $6500 for it, I'm just not going to make that call 8 beers into the evening. Besides that, the less eager I appear, the more negotiable the price is.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Cold beer saved my life today, and I remember ever single one of them and what they did for me.

Tomorrow in our valiant quest to avoid shade at all costs, my daughter is dancing in a Canada Day parade which I am playing the music for. Later we go to Grand Bend as we do every year. After that, collapse of heat stroke and die horribly in front of Gables.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It is hotter today than yesterday.

On this day only The Dominion descends upon you to feast on the flesh of the less worthy. We also have fireworks. Me, I’m about to get high. I deserve this.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The AC is set to 74°F in the house... and holy shit it felt like a walk-in freezer when I came in from outside.

Time to enjoy some F1 with a beer or 3. In the cool shade.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What’s the temp?

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s not easy to find “cool” shade outside today without icy drinks in arm’s reach, that’s for darn sure. It’s one of those days when you step outside and those pulverizing hot fumes just plummet down your windpipe instantly.

I just stand in the kiddie pool whenever. Instant cure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.