Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TIB! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hahahahaha. Not a chance! There would have been some sort of cosmic event signaling that turn of events.

I forgot how much in demand her tits were. Good times... This place sure brings back memories.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

They had to create a new thread just for them they hung so low.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the weirdest consequences of Rudius Media shutting down was Dr. Rob, Philalawyer, and Ben Corman moving to another content network, then it eventually turned out that every other writer on that content network was a sockpuppet account of one guy. He even had separate accounts for his different personas on Corman's forum and would have conversations with himself.

The way I remember it was that he wrote a "novel" that was a thinly-veiled memoir, couldn't get it published, but it still managed to get him blackballed from the industry. Then he went on a stretch of writing things he should probably have been talking to a therapist about before disappearing completely. He always struck me as a genuinely good guy, but I think that writing about his experiences caused him to actually think about them, which might have actually broken him mentally. I'd like to think that everything ended up working out for him, but it's probably more likely that story has a sad ending.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the most hilarious threads from the old board was that kid who posted this really long all over the place story with the "she's hotter in real life" cartoon. The way the ENTIRE board did a 180 because Tucker or someone said some praise about the kid was just surreal. It was painfully awkward and hilarious seeing all these posters suddenly go on about how they wished they were like that kid when they they were that age or were jealous of him. The original post in the thread was the most try hard attempt to sound cool Iv'e ever read. I was kind of amazed it wasn't a parity.

5. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

waitaminute...what?

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I think you're talking about Nirvanaslave. Didn't he buy the girl a dildo at some work Christmas party or something?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He was the cartoon guy.

Board: you suck!
    Max: You're awesome!
    Board: Yeah, like he said! You’re awesome!

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of the people that got that email probably went straight to the boobie thread, saw it hadn’t been updated in years, then logged back out.

The thing I enjoyed most about the RMMB were the stories that people. The stories that I wrote. Everyone embraced degenerates. And people hated soccer.

I don’t have much of a need for that any more. I’ve been sleeping with the same woman for a decade. I’ve been drunk maybe twice in the past year. I dedicate most of my time to one of three buckets: family, work, me. My me time is almost entirely spent going to the gym, reading about diets and cooking. I’m a boring middle aged person. I guess that’s better than an out of work drunk, or a dead addict. I don’t even like making fun of people anymore. I prefer to find common ground between us and celebrate that rather than tear them down for our differences.

i still come back because you all make it easy to figure out what political news is actually relevant. And I enjoy living vicariously through your cool lives. You all rock. heres to another ten years

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that was him. It was so bizarre seeing all of these adults following this high schooler's drama with utter fascination. People liked to say it was a smart board, but really, there was a lot of idiots on there.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have a memory of an almost opposite story on the RMMB: this one guy came in a started with a couple long-winded posts. Then the “big wigs” roasted him for it, and his response post was the single funniest thing I ever read. It was this insane comebacker jam packed with hilarious one-liners. I remember one part:

...to my memory, they made him a mod on the spot for it. For the life of me I can’t remember who it was. I always thought NirvanaSlave the cartoon maker that was trashed, then praised, then trashed again.

#90 Crown Royal, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  11. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow, for some reason yesterday I checked to see if the site was still up and the DNS resolved 10 years almost to the day. I miss a lot of the posters from RMMB and the early days. Unfortunately life has been a lot of ups and downs personally and professionally, usually one opposite the other.

I only exist within a Tool album release time period.

#91 bean, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The craziest part is that Dr. Rob probably wouldn't have gotten his book deal if it weren't for that lunatic's web traffic.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It had over seventy thousand members. That is a small city. That means at least seven hundred clinical psychopaths (according to APA) and a whoooooooole lot of people who read IHTSBIH and thought “This is TOTALLY who I am.”

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s a good think PhilaLawyer got his book published. Because I like it more than all of Max’s books put together.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I vaguely remember an "internet twilight zone" thread that was about a forum that had ONE guy who posted something like 7000 messages only talking to himself. Weird beyond weird.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Isn’t that Freak Safari?

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was really the direction he needed to go to develop as an artist.

Really, Tucker's writing was nothing exceptional. It still cracks me up he thought his book belonged in the western cannon.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, this was something different. Can't remember the name of it. Whoever it was was several levels beyond eat your own feces crazy.

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you talking about Bl1y and the constitutional daily folks? I honestly thought Philalawyer was the same guy.

Dr Robs book was my favorite of the bunch. I would have paid good money for a compilation of the daddy don’t hit me bunch also.

20. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BL1Y was probably around a decade younger than Philalawyer, and Philalawyer's relationship with Constitutional Daily was pretty much his swan song as an independent voice on the internet. I figured out BL1Y's real name pretty easily based on information he provided publicly, but that mostly affected my own attempts to hide my identity on the internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.