Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TIB! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's pretty cool to see the old-timers dropping by here for the first time in a long time. Hopefully you all poke around, see what's going on, and decide to stick around and contribute.

It'd be good to get some new faces and content around here.

2. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm mostly lurking these days, been spending less time drinking away my depression and more time out in nature and actually dealing with issues constructively. Despite me being in not the best of places at the time I did have a lot of fun here. @LessTalk MoreStab @Pinkcup & @PIMPTRESS are a few of the names I miss talking to though.

#42 Bundy Bear, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  3. ThunderDrunk

ThunderDrunk
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Holy shit. Just got the 10 year email. Christ. We're still alive.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Fell asleep at 9, woke up at 11 and took some NyQuil because I was congested. Turns out 11 was actually 230, and I have no idea how I mixed that up. Kid woke up at 5. I’m a shell of a human being.

And my daughter has already tried sticking a crayon up the cats ass while he was eating.

5. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bundy Bear summoned me via IG.

I love you idiots and we’ve had many insanely drunken threads that are great to revisit. That first Xmas drunk thread was ridiculous. I was a hot mess all the way around...
    Like BB, taking care of myself these days and dealing with my dysfunction in positive ways. I’ll always have a special appreciation for tib though.

6. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thank you TJMax for reminding me this place still exists.

7. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well. Got my email yesterday and just remembered it this evening. All is well and I see quite a few of the same names. Ten years. Holy smokes.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good to see old posters popping in again. Seeing the old names reminds me that while we have a lot of good serious discussion on here, we've had a slight dearth in the pointless, zany topics. Although, I guess 90% of that now just gets folded into the WDTs.

I'm kind of surprised I've posted on here for so long. I think it's that there's so few options on the internet for places that are actually conducive to having a good conversation. Unless it's a specialized forum that's only visited by people who work in the field, or are very invested hobby enthusiasts most are a complete shit fest. This is the only message board I've ever been a regular at, and assuming it eventually dies out, there's a pretty good chance it'll be the last as well.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, it's an interesting dynamic... if you get too big or popular, it loses it's appeal, I think. Like when Reddit was first started and nobody knew what it was... it was kind of cool because it was small enough that you didn't constantly run into idiots and kind of recognized the same people in various threads. Once it gets big, it becomes something to watch or consume, not participate in... because it quickly became a popularity contest or shock-jock content.

And the stupid people. Back in the day you could tell when school was out for the summer because you'd get a huge inrush of 14 year olds and that was it, no longer interesting.

(To be fair, there are a few subreddits I follow, for specialized content like F1, or "JustRolledIntoTheShop", or woodworking, but by and large it's just not that appealing any more.)

We have dwindled around here, because it's hard to make content, and we have a SHIT TON of lurkers. So as people move on or their lives change, we get fewer and fewer contributors. That's also why it's hard to do the special threads with a specific topic... it's hard to come up with that stuff, and not many people are willing to contribute... which is why we kind of made the conscious decision to let most of it just happen embedded within the week-long WDT.

That's just my casual observation from the cheap seats... so if anyone else has anything they'd like to add, or suggest to make this place more like some place you'd contribute to, then by all means, please let us know.

12. T0KEN

T0KEN
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Nostalgia

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That sums it up pretty well. Sure, we could put out a bunch of new threads a day like we used to, but it would feel forced and inorganic, especially with not many new contributors. We wax nostalgic about RMMB, but if you go back and actually read some of that content via WBM, it’s pretty cringe-inducing. Maybe that’s maturity, who knows. I would rather have a small, consistent community of people that slowly dwindles than have it artificially kept alive with bullshit. The comparison to Reddit is a good one. Most subs over 10K members turns into memes and puns, add in corporatism and it’s just a different shade of web junk that’s a bit easier to consume. The niche communities are still fun and interesting.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RMMB was really hilarious at times, but I'm still glad it got closed down and we ended up with this place instead. Towards the end that place was filling to the brim with dipshits putting on fronts and it was starting to get really lame. Tucker's delusions had become so over the top most of what he posted was more cringe inducing than anything else. Not to mention the constant essence of self discovery crap he was talking about incessantly. The way a lot of the posters worshipped the mods on there was kind of a weird dynamic. This place is a lot less eventful I guess, but there's also a lot less posing and random pent up misogyny. Overall it was probably for the better Tucker closed the RMMB down.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Half the people posting in the RMMB were “Tucker wannabes” and it became excruciating after awhile. However I admit to missing the sessions of Funny Hate, when subjects like Joey Porsche and The Blueberry Milquetoast had it coming.

16. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Have you read any of his stuff lately? I get email updates on him for some unknown reason and he's all hyper-into this MDMA drug therapy...his articles, posts or whatever you call them, are surreal.

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only times I've heard about him since the RMMB shut down is when he comes up on here. Apparently since then he's spent a lot of time in therapy.

Did anybody like his later books? I tried to read one after IHTSBIH, but after 30-40 pages he was preaching his philosophical 'for real life' bullshit, and I had to put it down.

18. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hey.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You knew it had to happen eventually. Personalities have to reinvent themselves every few years or their persona becomes stale and outdated.

I believe I had this exact conversation with him near the end when I mentioned that “Eminem isn’t insulting pop singers anymore because it’s pathetic for a middle aged guy to pick on teens”. I figured I’d get at least acknowledgement for that statement seeing Eminem’s his idol. I think all I got was banned.

I’m glad he’s moved on, hopefully adding to society instead of just mocking it. You only punch down in comedy if it’s ironic otherwise it’s just cruel.

20. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I liked Assholes Finish First. It wasn't quite as funny as IHTSBIH but I found it to he more well written, and he at least had some funny stories left to tell. Hilarity Ensues sucked, though. It was almost completely devoid of humor and most of the stories sounded like they belonged in an autobiography, not a work of fratire. I actually did enjoy Sloppy Seconds, mainly because of the Junior stories.

I still follow Tucker on Facebook, so I heard the story of him firing himself as CEO of his book publishing company and the whole MDMA therapy thing. It doesn't seem like he posts that much anymore, but I enjoy reading his posts when he does.

He also deleted his stories off of tuckermax.com awhile back, but it looks like he added at least some of them back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.