Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TIB! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Lmao someone needs to update their signature.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

They have drive thrus for everything in Vegas. Confessions, handjobs, shootings....

3. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Crikey. I knew the anniversary was coming up, but it wasn't supposed to actually arrive. Great to see some old faces... Wait, that sounded bad. Happy 10th, ya'll.

4. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow I just got the ten year email as well. Has it really been that long? Crazy

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember clearly as 10 years ago I got my dui, refused the breath test and spent a year not driving. I went on a road trip with my brother to his and was crashing at his place in Florida when I tried logging into the RMMB only to be blocked.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Tucker Max is 44.

I feel old.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I always imagined Nitwit as a giant pervert in a gorilla suit. Was that his avatar? It used to really mess me up when people would change their avatars around.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have any of y'all given any thought to the fact that he might be dead?
    Hear me out.

He's not on here anymore. How many times did he get banned, and then come back?

Binary once told me that while yes, Ballsack was permabanned, he didn't get an IP ban, meaning that he could come back here under a different guise.

I was in the can when whatever bullshit culminated in his final ban, but I do remember these details about him before I left:

1) His marriage had just fallen apart
    2) He was very disenchanted with his career and life situation in general
    3) He had started taking anti-depressants, the side effects of which can sometimes be suicidal thoughts and tendencies (talk about irony...)
    4) He had a history of substance abuse
    5) He had said multiple times over the years that this place had kept him from committing suicide several times.

Add all of that up, and it may have pushed him over the edge.
    If he was still out there, I have a feeling he would have eventually begged Nett to let him back on here if he played nice (although I doubt Nett would have done that).

Or who knows, maybe he just outgrew the place.

Anyway, I want to say "Welcome back" to all the members who returned here because of the email; can you returning members tell us why you left for so long?
    I think I speak for everyone when I say that we've been curious.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He struck me as the kind of person who would make sure to tell anyone who ever wronged him before he killed himself. Most likely he was posting on a dozen other boards and became someone else's problem. Who knows, maybe he is now the sanest poster at ResetEra.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, I know why I left for a couple of years... I just needed a break. So many people on here were just doing more of the same bullshit, and it was like being stuck in Ground Hog Day or something. Same fucking shit day after day after day and it was just so boring and loud and that was it, I just had enough, and one day didn't check in. Then that day turned into 2. Then 3... the next thing you know it's 2 years later and I got drunk, started to go through some old bookmarks that I hadn't gone to in a long time... and ran across this.

Then I saw the place kind of falling apart, and yet there was @shegirl just fucking hammering away, not giving up, doing her best... and it woke something inside me, and then I came back in and did a big tech update, and have hung around ever since.

So really, probably the biggest reason I can think of that this place is still around is her... she refused to give up, and motivated and inspired me to do more.

Ever since then I think we've really hit a new stride, and have tried to branch out with more mature content like the gardening, cooking, woodworking, home repair... all that shit that most of us 10 years ago would have scoffed at.

Really, that's what keeps me around now... sharing that kind of real life shit with a bunch of strangers that you've known for 10 years.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I disappeared right after RMMB unexpectedly went down and this place and FreakSafari spun up. I honestly didn’t think it was going last and didn’t come back for about two years.

Glad to see old members popping by.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I had a span where I just one day didn't stop in and then like Nett said, another day passed, and another, and so on. I was more of a lurker anyway.

I don't remember what jogged my memory of the site, but then one day I checked in, then started posting more, and now it's a regular part of my daily online rounds.

I have a forum site of my own and sometimes people just inexplicably drift away. It sucks when it's a formerly hardcore member, but I've learned there's really nothing you can do to get them back. It is what it is.

That said, I'm really interested to see who is prompted by the mass e mail that went out.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This forum is more or less the only place where I know I can have conversations with reasonably intelligent adults. Nearly everyone I know IRL is a moron, and as the internet collapses into nothing beyond social media, it's hard to find the sort of communities that used to exist with forums and IRC. Hell, I'm currently building a coffee table for my living room that I'm kind of proud of, and I'll probably post it here because everyone else in my life will ask why I didn't just buy one.

15. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A quick Google search says that he appears to be alive and well. His employer still has him listed as an employee.

I don’t know him, but he put enough information about himself on here to figure out his identity pretty easily, if one were paying attention.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Who could forget Natty posting nudes of his sister while angry-drunk?

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I just walked outside for a smoke and someone in the neighborhood was playing "Popeye the Sailor Man" over and over again on a saxophone. WTF?

18. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'll admit it, never thought this place would last ten years. Got the email this morning.

19. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was a "member" of the board when it first started, and I was so happy to see the email about the 10th anniversary. Had some good times with some good people here and I'm hoping to re-kindle that flame.

20. Carlb

Carlb
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Well, Well, Well. I was way more active on RMMB than here but it's cool to see I still have an account and it's been 10 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.