Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TIB! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s pretty easy to kill somebody with a piece of steel. That’s why I always laugh the way actors recover from being pistol-whipped on camera. Yeah, in real life you’d be feeling that for the rest of your life.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ftfy

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Depends where they hit you. Might not have any life left to feel it.

I carry a tire thumper in my truck. Has a few purposes. I can check my tires quickly to make sure they have adequate air pressure. Works great as a fish bat too. I could also defend myself with it in a very effective manner if need be, and have it out without displaying the gun on my hip. If you can't avoid a bad situation, at least make yourself appear like less of a target. Oh, I'm just out checking my tires with this here bat, don't mind me... also don't bother me please.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Drywall... landscaping... concrete... moving day labourer... there are tons of options... they just all suck ass.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Roofing I know for sure. Because while roofing, not only did I work along side a confessed murderer..... another roofer (not him) murdered ANOTHER guy on our crew (also not him, but a friend of mine).

It might be the hardest job there is, but at least you get to be around people.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a company around here that hires felons to do power washing of large structures. It is apparently very dangerous.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep that's what I was thinking. I wonder if the fact that he was on parole from a previous violent crime played into those 7 weeks. But good on the grand jury. I strongly feel that you should be able to defend yourself with force. And 2v1 at that? All bets are off.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dude was on parole, so yeah, if you're going to beat someone's head in with an iron bar, it's back to jail while they figure shit out... which I can totally understand. And yeah, it sucks for him, but then that's part of the repercussions of doing shit that landed you a 10-year stay in the first place.

It just sucks that it took 7 weeks for them to figure it out.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It sucks ESPECIALLY because it happened in NYC. That means you go to Rikers— the hidden gem of the Bronx, with meals served thrice daily and lots of people to meet.

Seven weeks in a blood-soaked shithole waiting to find out if you may or may not do DECADES more behind bars. Because Rikers is just jail, not prison. Which is way worse.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'll have to look that one up. I love that era. Funk and Motown music have a big place in my heart. I love that era's movies too. Foxie Brown, Jackie Brown...
    OK maybe I just have a crush on Pam Grier.
    I'm glad to be born when I was, but there sure was some fun stuff happening in the 70s.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Ran into an old teacher today that I hadn’t seen since high school. The guy looks exactly the same and it’s been 15 years. It occurred to me that the last time I actually saw him he had his dick out. Not in a sexual way, I think. But in an “old man doesn’t have shame at the gym kind of way.” Good old Mr Connole.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

"I think"

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This, for real.
    I don’t need to stick around for watching someone get the ass beating they begged for, and I’m not inclined to be part of a gaggle of people giving statements if I can avoid it.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s how it used to be. But whenever I see shit go down now, it seems at least a half dozen people pull the phones out to have their fucking YouTube Moment.

World star!!!!!

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Fire nights are good nights. Thanks to daylight savings it is dark as hell pretty early.

Attached Files:

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How’s this for hilarious: did you guys know at the Cannes film festival whenever a Netflix title card appears before a film they loudly boo and jeer it? Evidently the reason that they do this is because. Eurofags feel that Netflix has no place in “legitimate cinema.”

...just so you know, the Cannes film festival once selected Gus Van Sant’s “Elephant” as best film of the year, a film which was one of the most boring, pointless, pandering and stultifying shitpiles ever to stink up celluloid. I challenge you to watch that movie without demanding a refund for your life in some way.

So they don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s the same reason Spielberg tried to keep Netflix movies out of consideration for the academy awards. It’s a very threatening platform with lower barriers to entry and an almost unlimited budget. Granted, they make a lot of dreck, but the old school Hollywood way to make movies is designed to keep only well known people successful.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's all, folks. Happy Anniversary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.