Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TIB! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

watch the whole card, you’re in for a treat. The “worst” one was still entertaining as hell and several of those were among the best fights I’ve seen.

2. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If anybody actually cares about boxing, the Canelo vs. Kovalev fight last night was great and I highly recommend watching it if you can find it anywhere.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Meow!

Unrelated. Just watched Dolemite is My Name. Really cool film. Tons of well known black actors including Eddie Murphy, Snoop Dog, Wesley Snipes, Keegan-Michael Key, Craig Robinson. I didn't know who Dolemite was -- he was part of the funk and blacksploitation film era and is considered the granddaddy of rap due to his musical swagger rhymes.
    Their outfits are wild and there is some sweet eye candy milling around. Definitely take a look if you have a free couple hours.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree with the bold part. You should make time for it. It's so good that it's been recommended in three different threads now.

https://www.theidiotboard.com/threads/netflix-watch-instantly-gems.779/page-11#post-625805

https://www.theidiotboard.com/threads/recent-movie-review-thread.36/page-57#post-625830

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My bad. I didn't realize it was recommended there. I just watched it a couple hours ago and enjoyed it so it is new to me!

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I tried but I was just bored with it about half way through.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today we took our older son to check out one of the colleges he applied to. On the way home, it dawned on me that this time next year, he won't be here except on break and the occasional weekend. I don't mind telling you, I'm having a hard time with this.

This week I took a chance and sent a letter and sample of a book I've written to a publishing company being formed by an author whose stuff I've enjoyed. I got a phone call this evening to tell me that while they think I'm a good writer, it's just not what they're looking for. He asked if I have anything more in the pipeline, but at the moment I don't, unfortunately.

I'm a little bummed, but it's cool, I'll just revert to my original plan. The fact that the guy called me because he didn't want to send an impersonal "no thanks" e mail was a nice touch. And, he did offer me an idea to think about for a new project.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the history of TiB, I think that may be the first thing you've posted where I was actually taken aback. That includes some of the NSFW things you posted. I actually had to reread it, and double-check that it was you who posted. That's a pretty hot take, and it's too bad you weren't enjoying it. I think it's fantastic.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly I liked it but didn’t love it. Not something I think is endlessly rewatchable. The production, with the music and period costumes was where it shined. Story didn’t really stand out and wasn’t heavy on the belly laughs for a comedy and not enough emotional weight if they wanted something more serious. I think it should be watched because Eddie Murphy needs to get back into the swing of movie making. He’s been missed in the hard R world. I’d give it a solid C.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I know, and it’s a little odd because Eddie Murphy is great in it, I just didn’t care about the story. I had never heard of this guy or Dolemite before watching it so I don’t have a frame of reference. It’s just one of those movies where I know it’s good but I’m just not into it.

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you mean to say that you haven't seen "Dolemite" yet?!
    What the fuck, you barnyard-ass motherfucker?

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The actual movie is the original cult classic so bad it’s good. The Room has nothing on Dolomite. It had a cult following before Plan 9 came back around into the public conscious.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s fucking hilarious. It’s both intentionally AND accidentally silly in a good way.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Demi Lavato needs a serious punch in the face. You were a drunk. Now you are a junkie too. And the reason you’re alive is because “God chose to save you?” No, bitch. The doctors saved you by restarting your heart. And it wasn’t so you would could continue to make more lousy music and give even more horrible acting performances.

Celebrities should only surround themselves with childhood friends: the only people who are willing to grab you by the throat if they feel they need to.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And for you Blade Runner fans, the “future” is now taking place.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But what else is she going to talk about at premieres?

Addiction is her thing. If she really wanted to get better she’d stop talking about it like it’s a hobby. But what else are you going to do when there’s a line of singers behind her with better talent?

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The coffee shop beside my salon serves chicken & waffles but the waffle is made of Mac & cheese and topped with a cheesy gravy thing and y’all. I’ve missed Texas so much.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m trying to imagine exactly how hard I would be laughing in this goofy cow’s face if I were in this situation:

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She’s lucky she dealt with someone so patient.

She thinks she’s in some safe zone where she can act like that without consequences. 4/5 times she can get away with that but it takes just one loon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.