Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] GROUCH DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

There is absolutely no "Let's go Brandon" for that situation at all. Whoops.

$10 says a dude in the production room accidentally air dropped his phone to the broadcasting equipment.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    It doesn't surprise me this happened in Spokane, I can think of at least one time a station there did something like this on purpose.

It was 1974 and we'd just moved closer to town and could now get TV reception. Apparently there was something newsworthy going on at one of the strip clubs at Stateline and they sent a reporter and camera crew to investigate. Of course they had to interview some of the strippers on camera for their insight. They filmed the strippers in their work attire....titties out, no pasties and they didn't go for tight shots, nope....they filmed them from the waist up.

11 year old me thought this was the greatest thing ever. Stripper titties on the TV on the 6 o'clock news.

Looking back, I think I must have been traumatized because I dated a number of strippers thinking it was a grand idea. The way things are today I could've sued the TV station, but alas back then I only got to date strippers and didn't get any compensation for my pain and suffering.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Watched Halloween last night for the first time ever. I'm glad I saw it because it's sort of iconic but holy shit, they made multiple sequels?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The first sequel is decent. The rest make zero sense. Halloween 3 has literally nothing to do with Michael Myers. 4-6 go back to Michael Myers, but get into some stupid druid/cult stuff. The Rob Zombie remakes are garbage. The one released in 2018 is a direct sequel to the original movie and disregards Halloween 2 completely. That movie is good, except for the part of them not really having useful guns since Jamie Lee Curtis doesn’t like them in real life or something. Halloween Kills is back to being stupid again.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

With “Halloween 3” they were trying to turn it into an anthology where every year a new film had a different plot and characters centred around Halloween. The problem was Halloween 3 was so goddamn weird and sadistic they just went back to the bodycount formula. But to its credit Halloween 3 does have one of the most awesome movie posters of all time.

Halloween Kills is padding between the first and third movies. There was absolutely no need for it and it added nothing to an extremely good retcon sequel.

That one is the very first American slasher. And if you watch the others, you’ll see why it’s better. The first Friday The 13th is just a very shitty Giallo with no style whatsoever. Kevin Bacon’s death scene is still brutal as fuck, though. John Carpenter was much more a master at supernatural horror.

All those 80’s slasher movies ripped off “Twitch Of The Death Nerve” which is extremely dated and weird but if you do find a copy you’ll see the influence it created, it’s crazy.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Halloween X was fun because it was campy sci-fi.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My bad... Jason X... not the same thing apparently.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That part with the Holodeck, Jesus CHRIST was that hilarious.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I saw that movie in the theatre one rainy afternoon when I didn't want to work... and it was fucking hilarious. Loved it.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jason beating the sleeping bag against the tree was the best gag in the film. I saw this and Freddy v Jason in the theaters. They could have done so many good Vs movies. Ash and Michael Myers and on.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Freddy vs. Jason was just straight-up shitty moviemaking. The film’s title only describes the final eight minutes of the movie, the rest is just another annoying slasher with bad acting.

….and because it was so bad, they didn’t green light the sequel which actually was Jason vs. Freddy vs. Ash.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Netflix employees are doing a spiffy job of making Dave Chappelle look correct about everything.

This generation’s skin is thinner than a microsheer condom. History will not be kind to it. If these soft pussies watched Richard Pryor they’d probably exhume his body just to shame him in person.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Really? I think that movie is great. Both of those franchises had really shitty budgets and production value for over a decade. Then a studio decided to come one them and throw money at them. It’s not Citizen Kane and the the two lead actors (aside from the slashers) couldn’t act to save their lives, but I thought it was a pretty fun flick.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The San Francisco Bay area essentially operates in its own reality that is completely detached from the one we live in. They've had multiple generations raised entirely within that worldview, and they're insulated from interacting with anyone who thinks differently, so when they run into one it's like a 17th-century puritan meeting a witch. Places like Portland and Austin are just as infected with the nonsense, but they're at least aware that they are the ones that are different.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I talked to a buddy from back home in Idaho last night and he told me they opened a Wendys in town. On the sign board out front they posted "Now hiring! $18.50 an hour"

$18.50 an hour at Wendys, and that's still not enough to live on up there.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So uh... Alec Baldwin shot and killed someone today.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... sounds like a pretty fucked up set. It was his movie, not sure if it was him (there's no solid statement to that effect that I can see). A "principal actor" grabs a gun that is loaded with a dummy round, cocks it and pulls the trigger... and 2 people got hit... one of them the director (through the shoulder, in emergency surgery) and the other one a cinematographer (I think), who is DOA.

Cheap B movie filmed in New Mexico.

And apparently it was him after all.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-incident-santa-fe-1235094931/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.