Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] GRAIN FREE DAY 2/21/20 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sam LaGrassa's for a pastrami sandwich - hands down the best I've ever had. Trillium is an excellent brewery. The North End for Italian food, basically anywhere, and I really like Modern Pastry for desserts.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What Binary said. Sam LaGrassas is downtown, so if you want to go there for lunch, get there at 1130. By noon there’s a line out the door. Also second on the North End. Best spots there are Tony and Elaines, Al Dente and Lucca. You could try to get into Giacomos, but it’s a long wait. Modern is good for desserts, but if you want a cannoli specifically, Mikes across the street is way better. Seafood I would go to either Neptune Oyster Bar or Yankee Lobster Co. Chinatown is more misses than hits and gets sketchy after dark.

If you have time, the Freedom Trail is a good walk through the city. Skip over Quincy Market, Boston Common, and other lame touristy spots. They’re not that fun. I have other recommendations but it just depends on what you’re looking to do.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did I miss something here?

Wife feels like locking a door is a good thing and would like to do so. You don't have keys to that door. Wife says that it's okay if you want to replace the door or lock with one that has keys.

Where, exactly, was the awful concession here? How is this not two adults who live together agreeing to a mutually acceptable outcome? Who the fuck cares why she wants to lock the door?

4. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You missed the boat, wait for the next departure

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

With the amount of time I spend driving it's getting depressing how often I'm reminded of this:

Guys, if y'all see an accident and emergency vehicles aren't on scene, please call 911 and don't just assume someone else already has.

I passed one today, real bad. A 4 door sedan got turned into a 2 door and I hope no one was in that back seat. It was clearly pretty recent, but some people were out of their vehicles and the two that could had moved off to the shoulder a bit. Traffic was just bottlenecked trying to get around them. I couldn't stop in a reasonable distance without endangering myself or potentially causing another accident so I called it in. They said I was the first report they'd gotten of it. Having been the first person on scene at an unfortunately high number of vehicle accidents, I'm certain from experience that everyone did not make it out of there unscathed and I'm terrified of what further damage might have been caused by the delay in someone not immediately calling for EMS.

I know from experience the difference a few seconds or a minute can make. The person I had to revive about 4 months ago, she's still in the hospital and likely never going to get out at this point. Given that she didn't have a pulse when I got there, if I was even a minute or two later, she'd certainly not have been able to be brought back (firefighters arrived 8 minutes after I called, after I started chest compressions).

It's also EXTREMELY worth it to keep a well-stocked 1st aid kit in your vehicle, a fire extinguisher you check regularly to make sure it's at a correct pressure (yes they do lose pressure over time), as well as a tourniquet you know how to apply and a blanket or towel. I've used everything except the tourniquet under emergency conditions, including the fire extinguisher multiple times. (Not even for something I caused!! Ya me!) Chances are you'll never use it on you. But you might save someone else. And even if you don't, at least call 911. The Bystander Effect is real, and it kills.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone working as a consultant?

My sales mentor is looking to be hired, part time, maybe 5-10 hours a week. He has 40 years in logistics.

Id be interested in hearing your compensation if you’re a consultant because wages are all over the place and I want it to be fair.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I do consulting work on the side, but it heavily depends on the work, the level and the industry. Some consultants are worth $50/hour, some are worth $500/hour.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s some very good scratch, but bump yourself up to lobbyist and you’ll be starting $500 an hour. And you no longer have to be an expert on the subject, you just have to be an expert in painting your tongue silver.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

And blowies

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Neighbor and husband of the lady I revived just came over to shoot pistols. He was a door gunner in Vietnam and took a round to the left hand during an op, mangled it real bad, no longer combat effective or whatever the term is so he became a bomb sniffing dog trainer after that to continue serving. His wife isn’t looking good but he’s still had 4 months more with her than he would have if he didn’t call me I guess. Figured a little firearm therapy would help him feel better.

Dude holds the p365 one handed unsupported from about 15 yards and starts getting better groups than most people I know who shoot regularly. A few mags later he’s grinning ear to ear, “I haven’t shot that much since the war!”

Gonna stock up on some more ammo for the big boy toys. He has an armadillo problem we intend to solve in the loudest way possible on Saturday. Neighbors gonna fucking hate us.

11. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Hmm....

Attached Files:

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, good. It's Frylock.

Thread Status: