Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] GRAIN FREE DAY 2/21/20 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, I could see that as well.

The only thing more stupid than her not wanting to admit it's stupid is you reading too much into it, I think.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I don’t think it’s nefarious or anything like that. We have kids at home so it’s not like she’s bringing guys in the house or anything like that.

Considering she’s admitted she’s bad at apologizing, and I think I’ve heard her say “sorry” twice, I’m going to go with her doubling down in the name of “safety”.

Now the real question is- how far do I wanna take this? Because it’s safe to say she’s not going to apologize or stop locking it.

I certainly don’t want to encourage this kind of behavior.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I weld the latch open on the storm door, and would put another deadbolt on the door that can actually prevent humans from entering. Then ask her if she feels safer.

Don't draw crazy conclusions in your head and die a thousand deaths before you even know the straight-up answer. She could simply be telling you to text so you aren’t standing outside your own house like a schmuck waiting to be let it.

...and strictly my opinion: if I were INTENTIONALLY locked out of my own home, that door would be opening regardless two seconds later regardless of some lock being in the way. I will never play that stupid fucking game, and hope I never will.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This jumped out at me and I can’t help but comment. Never, no matter how bad a disagreement we’ve had, have I slept in the couch. It’s my bed too. You don’t want to sleep next to me tonight, you know where the couch is.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Surely @Revengeofthenerds can pipe up with some solid advice that we'd all love for you to follow.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a no win situation for me so I’m just going to end up falling on the sword and changing out the lock.

Yes, it’ll mean I’m open to this shit happening again and again, but a wise man once told me- Do not argue logic with a woman, even if you win you lose.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Yeah I got nothing except some version of what you said here:

There is something going on. Whether it's nefarious or not, I have no clue. You just have to decide if getting to the bottom of it is worth the argument or not. I'd say it's an indicator of a larger need for better communication in the relationship, but that's just armcharing. Not me, not my relationship.

Either way, good luck.

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

100% transparent- this is my theory.

She started locking it, but when she was told not to, she became defensive and did it more. Logic is irrelevant because it’s how she “feels”.

Most everyone I’ve spoken with said it’s asinine, but also, not to debate a female on something like this because logic will lose to her feelings every time.

In essence. I’m right logically but wrong emotionally.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

So take a small battery, mount it to the outside of the door where she can't see it, and wire it to the door handle. She'll get a nice little shock and won't piss you off again.

Train 'em early, train 'em right.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of the internet would label you as an alt-right nazi for saying that.

12. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Update- I swapped out the lock on the storm door for a new one with new keys.

Storm door gate is officially over- as stupid and pointless as it was. I’ve now set myself up to concede every time, regardless of the logic behind it. Arguing logic with a woman is absolutely pointless.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

See? That's the advice I was looking for...

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I would take the lock apart, take the pins out, then gave her a key that fit and let her think that it actually worked.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Now my advice is simple, and the same advice I gave my brother in law who has been married 7 years and my sister still hasn't given him a key to their house:

Get a good set of lock picks, and learn to use them.

Because she will get that lock changed again.

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somehow I feel like you have identified the wrong thing as being the problem.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

You mean in regard to my brother in law? Yeah no shit, she's the problem. But when life gives you lemons, add vodka.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She didn’t change it the first time. It came with the house.

I have no advice to offer in this matter other than the correct response isn’t the response that’s in your best interests.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

So I mentioned in the world travel thread that our 10 year anniversary is coming up, and my wife and I were considering some places in the Northeast. We've narrowed it down to flying into Boston, catching a baseball game (it's a tradition, where possible, for us to plan our trips around visiting cool sports stadiums). We plan to spend a few days in Boston and the Cape Cod area, then drive up to Niagara Falls and spend a few days in Toronto exploring the city.

Anyone familiar with things to do in the Boston area and/or Toronto? Interests revolve heavily around food and outdoor activities, and away from museums and things that would bore anyone with an attention span shorter than 15 minutes. Suggestions for cool hotels is welcome.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Toronto has a billion things to do. Start with the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.