Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] GET GNARLY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Talk about invented drama....

Crazy is all sorts of flustered because two of the roommates went out to shoot pool and didn't invite him. They didn't invite me either, I don't give a fuck in the least. Crazy just went on for 10 minutes while I was outside having a smoke about how disrespectful the whole thing is.

I honestly don't understand why some folks need to create drama in their own heads, it's like their lives just aren't complete without drama.

Most people claim to hate drama, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people dredge it up out of absolutely nothing for no reason and then stress out over it.

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

so how many more days until you have your property ready to move to?

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Quite some time. I still need to sink a well, put in septic and have the place leveled for a building site. Not to mention that I'll be in the middle of Bum Fuck nowhere and I'll need to make sure I have some sort of income.

I could buy a motor home and be there next week, but then I'd be pretty much fucked. I'd rather avoid that scenario.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Boredom. It’s just that in order to cure the boredom, he’s doing it wrong. Do what normal people do: drugs. And leave the rest of us normies the fuck alone.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

In Crazy's case I would be inclined to agree with the boredom theory, but I've seen it constantly with other folks that seem to have full lives. It blows my mind that people spend so much time analyzing and thinking about other's actions or lack of actions and then blowing it all out of proportion based on their interpretation of the events. Who cares if X did Y? They did it and chances are they didn't do it to spite you. The world does not revolve around you and people do not base their decisions and actions on how they effect you.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never since the accident.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A drive-by rainbowing!

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ok wasnt sure if you had a count down clock yet says 500 days left of this shit.

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been a while right? If I've missed anything monumental, someone please fill me in!

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@toytoy88 How them grasshoppers treating you?

It was hot as balls here this weekend (107*) so the wife and I went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. God damn is it beautiful up there.

Panoramic view of the lake and a small alpine lake we came across on a hike.

Attached Files:

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Look before you jump

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

It got even more interesting when a horde of stink bugs joined them invading the valley. Fuck bugs.

It's going to be 107 here tomorrow, which sounds down right pleasant after the 111 on Sunday and 114 today. It's only a few degrees difference, but there is a HUGE difference between 107 and 114.

13. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well it’s surreal but I’m moving out of the 20 person office I’ve had for nearly a decade. I never used half of it and although my lease isn’t up, I hope my landlord will work with me on getting out of it. If not, on to small claims court.

Props to my wife for bringing me down for the anxiety/depression ladder I’ve had for the past 6 months. Months upon months of drinking, not eating, barely sleeping has aged me significantly. Chasing payroll just to break even is a never ending hell. Setting up shop now in my basement with only a couple, select people.

I did something similar two years ago when I moved out of my 4,000 sq ft house and bought a Cape Cod style cozy small house. I had used the money from the flipping the mansion to buy the current house in cash. I can’t tell you how good it feels not to have a mortgage.

What’s next? With the basement office I’ll be tempted to move to a small office. May eventually have to do that but for now I’m riding out the freight recession with minimalism and it feels amazing. Peace of mind is more important than mansions or luxury cars. I will never, ever chase payroll again.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congrats! I bet you're sleeping a hell of a lot better.

We're on the other side of the coin. We just opened our second body shop this month. Time will tell if it's going to age me or get me to an earlier retirement.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The only thing worse than garlic soup farts, it turns out, are protein shake/bar and fiber farts.

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard for the last few months (when I'm not injured) and wanted to get the most out of my workouts by using a protein shake in recovery and basically stuffing my face with as much good food as possible. I'm not a breakfast person, so in order to reach my gram-of-protein-for-lbs-of-weight goals I've started eating a protein bar on my way to work as well. Combine that with a bunch of greens and you have the makings of a biohazard in the tummy.

My wife is afraid to come near me now.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been there
    All I can say is that if you have the right team and market conditions, it’s the best thing ever. If either one isn’t clicking, which was usually the case for me, it’s a living hell.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Portable tank air compressor might have been the best investment I ever made. Pneumatic tools are so much cheaper (and lighter). Re-tiling the bathroom this weekend and I got a dewalt air chisel for $40. Beats the hell outta doing it with a masonry chisel and hammer!

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I might have to pick yours and others brain in this one in a few weeks in the DIY thread. I've started removing baseboards and am replacing outlets. After painting the floors and new baseboards are next. A pneumatic nail gun would be sweeeeet.

Scratch that. Months. Let's be realistic.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Pnuematic nail gun and brad nailer were the first things I got for it. Check out amazon if you wanna have a heart attack on the prices. I get the convenience of a cordless tool in some cases, but for my purposes, a pnuematic tool that does the job just as well at like a third of the cost is a no-brainer. I'll deal with the hose and wheeling the tank around, which to be honest isn't that much of an issue.

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Truthfully electric stuff is better then most air tools now. Our shop has mostly gone away from air tools. All red milwaukee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.