Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FRIDAY FREEDOM [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, Braising is probably the most magical thing you can do when cooking... it makes the shittiest cuts of meat the best, all it takes is time. Italians use it to make Ragus, Greeks use it to make legs of lamb amazing, etc. It's my favourite go-to cooking technique.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Took a few things down to the local framer's, and just got this back. It's a limited run from a NY artist... and seeing as I really love the Star Wars universe, I couldn't pass this up. Really happy with how it turned out.

IMG_5978.jpeg

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, I just discovered that recreational weed is legal in DC.....

And you can order stupendously strong marijuana off the internet....

Including delicious cookies with so much weed in them they feel physically heavier than normal cookies....

And they will deliver it....to your office 4 blocks away from the US Capitol....

Twice.

Apparently.

In other news, I'm hungry.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Those delivery services need a munchies menu with their weed. They'd get a $30 order for cookies, and $230 worth of chicken wings and chips.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s a beautiful Saturday and I’m at work. Again. At a hazardous waste site.

I could throw a rock in any direction and hit one of dozens of others here. See that in the distance? That’s a landfill.

Jesus this sucks.

Attached Files:

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That does look pretty cool. Both the framer and the artist did a great job making it look like a piece of art and not some typical den poster or sidewalk art.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Smoke some cigarettes.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Thanks... I had to fight with the framer... "yes, I want the orangy/bronze metal frame... not some wooden fancy frame..." When I picked it up she conceded, "well, it did turn out pretty nice after all" Ha. Gee... thanks.

9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Use caution; it is not legal on federal property.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I can just imagine how amazing this weekend must have been for you.

I only caught the highlights but it looked like a hell of a weekend... it really is incredible what Tiger does for golf.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was fantastic. I just went Friday, but Friday was a great day. I had not been in almost 15 years, so it was quite a treat. I walked around for awhile, after having placed my chair at the #12 tee box. (You can see 11 green finish, all of 12, and the 13 tee from there.) I went to the off side of #11 tee box (so, lefties face me) where nobody is. You're about 10 feet from the golfers and they hit driver and just bomb it to the top of the hill on 11) This was the group I stood there for:
    Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter, Matt Kuchar
    Francesco Molinari, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Tyrrell Hatton
    Bubba Watson, Patrick Cantlay, Satoshi Kodaira
    Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Jason Day
    Phil Mickelson, Justin Rose, Justin Thomas
    Jordan Spieth, Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka

Then, I went to get something to eat, walked around a bit and came back to the chair at #12 to watch these groups:
    Charl Schwartzel, Charles Howell III, Eddie Pepperell
    Sergio Garcia, Tony Finau, Henrik Stenson
    Adam Scott, Hideki Matsuyama, Kyle Stanley
    Patrick Reed, Webb Simpson, Viktor Hovland (A)
    Charley Hoffman, Louis Oosthuizen, Marc Leishman
    Tommy Fleetwood, Xander Schauffele, Gary Woodland
    Tiger Woods, Haotong Li, Jon Rahm

Tiger hit first and knocked it to 10 feet or whatever it was. Then Haotong Li was addressing the ball and the weather siren went off. TIger headed to the green to mark his ball, everybody stood around for about 10 minutes and then they said patrons are to evacuate the course. Nobody really hurried, and as we were walking out, we heard a cheer back behind us at 12, and one of the officials said, "don't get excited that's nothing." (1 minute before we left, there was a guy about 20 yards down from us that proposed to his girlfriend after they told us to evacuate. She said yes) Then, the next official we passed said, "You're allowed to return if you haven't heard. The weather changed." So, we went back to #12 and this time we were about 5 rows closer. Haotong Li finally addressed his ball, after about a 45 minute* delay. He knocked on the middle of the green and turned to the crowd who gave him a big ovation and made the "my heart is pounding" gesture, with a big smile. Then we watched the final group:
    Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, Cameron Smith

I walked my way out, watching a few folks on 18 as I went. It was raining off and on, so I hit the pro shop for a few minutes. Great day. Entered the lottery. Paid $115 for my ticket, which is pretty cheap compared to World Series, Super Bowl, etc.

* So, at Augusta National during The Masters, no cell phones are allowed. It's a great equalizer. Most everybody there is white upper or upper middle class. But, the hot shot attorney / banker / investment guy that parked his Porsche on Washington Road can't check his messages or his portfolio either. And, both of us just paid $1.50 for a pimento cheese sandwich**. You sort of lose track of time and everything. (They do have banks of phones scattered around, generously provided (and labeled) by AT&T, where you can make calls, even long distance, for free.) And, you can't take pictures with phone or a camera. If you're caught with one, you lose your badge and you can never come back. Ever.

** [​IMG]

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have barely played golf since my early 20s. I really need to get back into it considering I have like 2 dozen courses within a 20 mile radius of me.

The only thing that scares me is that there is no game that can piss me off like golf. Why do you think there are so many enforced gentlemanly rules surrounding golf? Because the natural reaction to playing golf is to completely lose your shit after two beatufiul shots are followed up by 4 putting. I probably suck so much right now I won't actually get mad though. More likely I'll spend half the time looking for where my ball went.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I used to be really into golf when I was younger (playing it, not watching it; watching it is fucking evil). Hadn't so much as hit a ball in at least 15 years, a week or so ago took my wife to a local TopGolf. She had never swung a club ever. Forgot how much fun it was. She was surprisingly good and I picked it back up pretty quick. It helped that they had a bunch of different clubs there instead of just drivers.

Hopefully we'll be able to get our sons involved as they grow older. Nothing quite as satisfying as hitting a great drive that ends with the ping of the ball off the ball collector kart.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Notre Dame, the place not the college, is on fire. It's massive. I just don't see a way they're going to be able to put it out before it destroys the whole place.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been to it, very beautiful. Shame.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My favourite building. Fucking horrific, I hope they can put it out but its roof is so high off the ground.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Doesn’t look good. Everything but the stone core looks toast.

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't aware that they were electing a new pope...

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MSNBC says the French dept of interior expects total loss. I can’t really wrap my head around that.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

What about the dept of the exterior? Will they lose the rock facade as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.