Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FORGOTTEN FRIDAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Sep 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This week is the first day of fall and I am so ready.

I've got all the pumpkin decor and fall themed blankets out. There are two soups cooking on the stove, which we may have to eat on the deck while enjoying the cool evenings.

I never had a favorite season when I lived in Alabama. I think I've decided fall is the best season.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's raining today and while I already miss the sun, I also don't want 116* either.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It’s objectively the best season. Already prepping for some butternut squash soup to be made next weekend.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I absolutely love fall and the first half of winter. You know, before it gets tiresome and old.

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love soup season. Sometimes when I’m feeling like a real fat kid I’ll make something my husband calls cheese snakes (because language degenerates when you spend too much time holed up together). You get a baguette and cut a bunch of slices most of the way through and then stuff them with thin slices of cheese and apple and prosciutto and brush it with butter, even better if you add a little sage/thyme/black pepper. Then you bake it until it’s crispy and the cheese is gooey. They kind of curl up as you stuff them and a bit more as they bake, hence the stupid name. Best thing ever for dipping in butternut squash soup, grilled cheese adjacent bit feels a bit more special.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That sounds really good. I have also been working on my bread that goes with soups as well. I have so-so luck with sourdoughs and such, but when I get it right I always finely shred some Gruyere cheese and toast it up.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. And I love the snow and cold for the holidays. After Jan. 1 it can all melt and start Spring for all I care. Instead we get at least another three months of gloomy, bitter weather.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’m going down the rabbit hole of how a chess player may have beaten Magnus Carlsen using anal beads. It’s quite a theory.

9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah yes, the Bishop's Gambit.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The chess drama is getting better as Magnus and Hans had a scheduled match today, and Magnus logged on, made one move, resigned the game, and logged off.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I like how there’s zero proof this guy actually cheated, but it’s become a “scandal” where he uses vibrating anal beads to get move signals.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit. That show never did convince me he was innocent. Played too heavily on the “he was a brown Muslim in a racist country after 9/11” over the straight facts of the case and some of the alternative suspect(s) they presented were buoyed with the fact that the burden of proof was on the state and they were just throwing them out to undermine reasonable doubt (the other suspect(s) had no direct evidence like Adnan did). They also tactically left a lot of the negative evidence out of Serial or dismissed it with little explanation or deep description of it to show him in a good light. One of the bigger ones I remember is that he had the imam of his mosque claim in writing he was at prayer at the mosque during the exact time of the murder but when other physical evidence placed him at the school the defense retracted that explication. He then went on to claim another witness saw him at the library at the time. Pretty shady to switch explanations entirely and usually a big tell for detectives something is up.

Im curious what new evidence is. The links in the article are as vague as possible.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He did admit to cheating online when he was younger, and that's what's giving this life I think. Once a cheater always a cheater type thing. That said the anal beads are just wild speculation that the internet is running with because it's fun.

https://twitter.com/Ar_kael/status/1571171340232675328

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been a minute since I listened to the podcast . . . but I thought Asia McLain came forward on her own? Not claimed by Syed. And, I thought the fact that she straight up said "I saw him at the library during the time of the murder" and she was credible, was the piece that made it get re-opened the first time? Or was that the cell tower info? I can't remember. But, yeah, the whole podcast was absolutely structured to be intentionally ambiguous.

I think the new evidence was something to do with DNA, and nothing that showed him as innocent. Rather, the DA felt less confident about his guilt. Whatever that means. And, there was something about two other suspects previously ruled out now have evidence against them, and both of them were convicted of violent crimes since.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My latest true crime podcast adventures are the Lori Vallow/Chad Daybell shit. Where the reality is made up and the prizes are death!

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She came forward on her own and he switched to claiming he was at the library where she claimed she saw him not at the mosque as he originally claimed. His original story I dont believe was presented to the jury, pretrial motion being too prejudicial. I think she could be placed at the library but he couldnt beyond her word. I forget McClains full story, if Adnans original lawyer sat on her or not, but I thought her account was considered when the verdict was vacated a few years ago then reversed by a higher court with each claiming it was and wasnt enough respectively to think the jury would have come to entirely different conclusion because of it.

Side note, the DA that supported him this go around is the corrupt Baltimore DA under indictment for tax and covid relief fraud and the same one the bungled the cases against the cops charged in Freddie Gray's death.

#39 Kubla Kahn, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Returning to this - I didn’t realize it was built into the house. That’s wild.
    I’d lean more toward some sort of vintage telephone/intercom desk, after seeing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.