Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FIRST DAY OF SPRING 3/20/20 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I had a Tundra. Damn good truck. I got rid of it with 200K+ miles. The last trip just before I sold it I went 1200 miles from north Idaho to Las Vegas in a 18 hour straight drive. It didn't use any oil and performed just like it did when it was new.

It was 9 years old when I sold it and that truck was abused from day 1. It made numerous trips across the country pulling a loaded trailer. I routinely blew off oil changes. I had to replace the water pump and starter around 170K and that was about it other then routine timing belt replacement.

It was basically a farm truck...it wasn't pretty (It got smacked with the tractor more then once), the frame was cracked, but it was reliable as hell. It took one hell of a beating and just kept going.

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just bought one in November, 2019 4-cylinder, 4wd, Access cab (whatever they call the 2-door). Hit me with it fam.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do you feel with the 4cyl? Is it enough power?

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shrug. As compared to what, my Prius or my Ducati?

I haven't had to tow anything, but no trouble keeping it at 85 on the interstate. I prefer the gas mileage to the additional oomph, and I'm not a leadfoot in the truck.

My logic was it was about 5k cheaper than the 6 cylinder (9k cheaper than the 6 cyl/4 door) and I'll likely never miss the bigger engine, except at the gas pump. If I needed to tow a gazillion pounds uphill, I'd likely rent a moving truck anyway.

I can safely pull my dad's 15' bass boat in a pinch, and that was plenty.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad had the 4 cylinder. It got great gas mileage. However it could not tow for shit.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Friendly reminder that safety is in the eye of the beer holder.

My cousin works at a toyota dealership and says they're tough as bricks. If I didn't have a ford truck I'd be looking at a toyota.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.