Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FATHERS' DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I imagine that one could cobble together something really effective from a stun gun, some wire, and an actual tennis racquet, but it would probably be more dangerous to the wielder than the house flies. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a video Colin Furze doing it already.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I am purchasing this one. Wife has a rather annoying habit of leaving old produce out on the counter, so now we have a rather annoying problem with fruit flies. That one doesn't have that protective screen on it (which prevents you from getting zapped if you accidentally touch it, but can also keep the larger bug from hitting the wires). Because of this lack of safety feature, it'll allow me to remove the flies with a lot more ease. And teach her a lesson if she lets the bananas get bad again.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Dennis Quaid is doing well. Pictured above is new wife, Laura Savoie. She was valedictorian of her class at Pepperdine, a masters from Notre Dame and is working on her PhD at Texas. Cheers, Dennis.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, I get the attraction. But he is going get taken to the cleaners. What sane beautiful 27 year old woman is sexually attracted to a 66 year old man? Sheesh.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

...something something cheaper to rent?

Also, meh. Blonde. That face screams "I will be the Karen of Karens one day, motherfucker and the HOA shall be your reckoning".

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sometimes you just have...

...the right stuff.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He also used to bang in-her-prime Meg Ryan before she transformed into a giant human foot.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Because he starred in Innerspace. The movie her parents used to watch in middle school.

Usually in these situations, the answer is simply “starfucker” or “gold digger”.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno, seems like there is more to her than that.

10. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Per SouthernIdiot's comment, what makes anyone think she is sane? Could be a very simple explanation.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's the best way to kill yourself when your food journal pen runs out of ink?
    Asking for a friend....that smells like cheese.

12. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey gents- where do you like shopping for casual clothes? My husband hates shopping for himself and therefore is wearing old ass clothes that are now too big for him. He asked me to help him out and I’m realizing that I’m not hip to men’s fashion.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

How casual we talking? Just regular T-shirts and shit? I like Uniqlo for just the plain, monochromatic T’s. Grown men should not be wearing shirts with anything other than maybe a tiny logo in the corner. If he’s looking for something casual, but maybe still a little stylish, I’ve had a decent amount of luck with Stitch Fix.

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Amazon.com

for shorts, plain colored shirts and plain colored polos. Jeans are a little more finicky, I get them at target.
    But seriously, Amazon has ok quality stuff cheaper than Walmart and it comes to my door in two days.

15. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed! Part of why I need to shop for him, he’s wearing all of these stupid shirts that he got for free from corporate vendors he works with. And thanks to both you and Frebis, great suggestions.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will second Uniqlo, their shit is very well made for the price. Just beware, it's for TINY Japanese men.

For dressier stuff, I have had good luck with Nordstrom Rack. Their return policy is stupendous, and it's stuff you might not otherwise encounter. I've got a few simple button-ups from them, and they are a steal.

Stitch Fix for me was far more hits that misses, but Trunk Club is a viable, albeit expensive, alternative.

My go to is jeans, boots and button up. If you know size and fit number, Levi's are about as superfluous as Coca-Cola. It's worth the 15 minutes or so in the store to try them on if you don't. I'm an advocate for stretch jeans if you've got thick thighs (or for motorcycle riding without the full set of gear).

Costco's Kirkland brand for undershirts, and Nike/Under Armor/Ex Officio for boxer briefs, and Darn Tough or Smartwool for socks (expensive but I've had one pair last me through 2 years of Peace Corps and the following decade).

I would also vouch for (cringe) Armani Exchange and Patagonia for a select few things like polos and button ups. They are not cheap, about $40 a shirt, but they fit incredibly well, aren't overly dressy (no collar stays) and most of mine have endured 5 years of use. The return policy for both is exceptional as well.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

What about men's clothes for the super tall? 2xlt is usually his size.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ll pimp mizzen and main if he needs button up dress shirts. Different fabric blends with 4 way stretch. It stick with the Spinniker line they have because it doesn’t use polyester which I hate the feel of. Can be pricey per shirt. You can find them much cheaper and fairly easy on eBay these days. If you hated dressing up like I have since I’ve been a kid these turned me completely around. Extreme comfort.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is pure truth right here. Solid color shirts are my jam.
    I will admit I have a few graphic tees though. I have no dress code at work anymore so I actually have to buy t-shirts for the first time in years.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad wears that size, and Brooks Brothers or it's cheaper British alternative, Charles Tyrwhitt are great (just shop the sales/specials) for dress shirts. Depending on body type they have classic fits, oxford fits, slim fits, etc. For work wear, Carhartt, Filson (expensive, but bulletproof), and Kuhl (outdoorsy, but worth a shot). Dad's had good luck with Eddie Bauer stuff, but I have not.

Nordstrom Rack will be a bit more of a scavenger hunt, but it'll typically be better stuff because fewer folks shop for that size.

I don't know that Uniqlo has anything that big, I'm an XL in most American brands, a XXL in European and XXXL in Uniqlo with a 50" chest. Patagonia and a lot of the outdoorsy stuff that has good build quality & warranties, they tend to run on the smaller side, so size it first.

I've heard wonderful things about the online custom shops like Indochino for folks with unusual builds, so that might be an option. I had a couple of jackets from them back when I was 180 lbs. and the difference between that and off the rack was outstanding.

The problem with that size is (obviously) the length. You'll probably just be better off getting a measuring tape, and perusing some size guides until you find a brand or three that doesn't fit like a bikini top or a tent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.