Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FALL BACK DLST [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Friday!

Don't forget that Sunday is "fall back" time for daylight savings. This won't wreck my morning at all...

upload_2023-11-3_19-2-50.png

Our days are so short now. Not much is going to help that fact, except turning around the sun a bit more. I've found a new winter hobby so hopefully the sads don't get me.

I thought I typed sexy fall woman.

Sexy tall woman. Oops. Sorry not sorry.

upload_2023-11-3_19-6-31.png

Do you guys feel insecure about your height, or would you rock up to the show with a 6' woman in heels and a magnetic glint in your eye?

Y'all have fun this weekend, and be good.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not insecure about my height. I'm very ordinary 6'0". But I don't know what the phrase "rock up to the show" means, or what a magnetic glint in my eye is. I guess I'm old.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Today was not a good day... 6:45am I was taking the dog to daycare, and hit a very new and deep pothole in the dark on the way out to the farm. Didn't see it for shit, and it hit HARD.

I've never seen a big red alert pop up on the dash that said "severe chassis system damage, park car immediately" before... and then the tire went flat.

Not good.

Looks like it's just a hole in the tire and a bent tie rod. Should get the car back on Monday.

Gotta say, though, the whole Porsche roadside assistance program was a fucking breeze to use... took care of everything, "no" cost.

On the way to the dealer we went by the pothole, and a school bus was on the side of the road with a flat as well. By the time I went by this afternoon to pick Zoe up, it was already filled.

I'm tempted to go after the city for the damage.

IMG_3249.jpeg

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wasn't Congress supposed to vote against this bullshit?

This has never been an issue for me, at 6'0" in my socks. I don't really think about people's heights unless they are far out of the normal range.
    I would totally date a giantess if I wasn't already taken.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I dunno, man. My state did away with it several years ago but hasn't implemented it yet. I'm not sure what the holdup is.

I should have said like 6'3". I forgot how disproportionately tall the Idiots are.

While I stand by my use of magnetic, I think I was going for "steely." My poor brain.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know that 6' tall is significantly out of the ordinary, right?

I have a friend who is 5'3" and completely average looking. His wife is probably 8" taller than he is and stunningly beautiful. The guy is usually the most charming and funny dude in any room, so no surprise there. Personally I'd have no problem with my partner being taller than I am, but it's not an avenue I've had the opportunity to explore.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I know it's above average, but it's not like 6-2 or more. That seems to be the height where people notice being tall, where you're substantially taller than people around you. I rarely notice I'm taller than average until I look at group pictures I'm in and stuff. I'm taller than all the males in most of our family gatherings, except one nephew who is 6-3, and it's funny how much he stands out. His brother is like 5-10 and is always standing on his tip-toes when they're in group photos together. I think it's self-confidence, too, and you look taller if you're trim and fit. Which I'm not, lol.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

When you get into the 6'8 and up, you can actually hide in plain sight. You see, your chest is level with most people's faces and when they scan the room, they won't see you.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am 6'. I would gladly go out with a women that was 6' and in 6" heels, my face is that much closer to her tits. I would love to be able to climb a women like a mountain.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've lost an inch. Down to 6'1".

I dated a girl who was 5'10" and did not like it. At all. The wifey is 5'6" but since she's built like a bean pole, everyone assumes she's taller than she is.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6' is in the 85th percentile. It's an entire standard deviation above average. You're a Tall Person.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

a few people have asked me to continue with updates, so:

this morning I completed the 20 miler in 3:59:52.

Since the max distance I had done prior was 14 miles (would have been 17, but injured last weekend) the goal was to go around 4:30-5 and just complete it. Clearly that was accomplished, but I left a lot of time out there as well since I did check to make sure my water bottle lid was the right one for that bottle -- it wasn't -- and ended up relying on the poorly-spaced aid stations for hydration. That was a disaster, but... whatever.

Now is the 3 week taper for the marathon, where I greatly reduce the distances of my runs and focus on overall recover including banking sleep and eating as much good food as humanly possible.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my wife is 5'9" and also very skinny. She gets the snarky "I wish I was that tall" shit all the time. Yeah... uhm.... not that tall. But okay!

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you guys have a wacky perception of average heights. Your wife is in the 97th percentile for female height, 2 standard deviations from average. She, like Rush, is a Tall Person. Men average a tiny bit over 5'9", women average a bit under 5'4".

https://dqydj.com/height-percentile-calculator-for-men-and-women/

Nice work on the race. I don't think I've done anything over 15 miles ever, even when I was running daily.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah I wanna know where all these short people are. I am also 6 feet and consider that to be about average. I know it's not, but at least half the guys I know are taller than me.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

When I was single I was especially turned on by women taller than me, it was basically my kryptonite.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Found an unopened bottle of Double Oaked Woodford Reserve... and have had a *couple of whiskey sours tonight.

The bottle is now almost 2/3's gone.

I have NO idea how that happened!

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Boof the last 1/3.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Today is National Sex Toy Day, proving once and for all that there is a national day for everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.