Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] EARTH DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Apr 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If something does happen to your seats, I can tell you from experience that it's not the end of of the world. Your local Dodge dealership will have a guy, this guy will have direct access to OEM materials and patterns. He'll take your seat apart, replace the ripped/damaged portion and you will not be able to tell a difference. Don't try to find an outside upholstery shop.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh yeah, totally get it... but my truck still has less than 5k kms on it so the thought of the leather back seat being shredded just sits wrong.

I'm not sure I'll ever sell it, even... so it might not matter.

It's just that "still new with no scratches yet" phase.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, protect it, by all means. But don't get worried sick if it happens, like I did.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's already a roll of colour-matching duct tape in the truck.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The bartender was pouring me my second beer and I got a text from a co-worker: “Hey you have a brake light out.”

Finished that round and took off to get that fixed ASAP. I don’t drive drunk, but with a CDL I have to be extra careful. It’s .04 for me instead of .08

I owe a co-worker a drink.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

binging some cannonball run stories. This is a great one

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today in the Depp v. Heard trial, I'm pretty sure that Heard's lawyer was pushing the argument that the accusations Depp is suing about didn't ruin his career because it was actually Heard's accusations from the UK lawsuit that ruined his career, which is certainly an interesting strategy in a jury trial.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The whole thing is so bizarre that it wouldn’t surprise if it turned out to be some Andy Kaufman-esque performance art at this point.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I would not be surprised if Shia LaBeouf started to slow clap from the back row.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm really interested in seeing what Heard's case in chief looks like, because so far their game plan has been to repeatedly ask each witness if they knew for sure that it wasn't possible that maybe Depp could have possibly hit her when no one was looking, then ask them if they were an expert on several kinds of makeup. For good measure, they also asked one of the cops (who responded to a 911 call placed by one of Heard's friends from the other side of the country when Depp wasn't even home) if he was aware that an officer could be disciplined for not adequately performing his duties. Defamation cases are almost impossible to win, especially if you've already failed in the UK where such things are easier.

I do think that it's worth noting that as far as I can tell, every member of the hired help for both Depp and Heard have been on Depp's side. The butler's testimony was especially entertaining.

Given the current news cycle, it would probably be Ezra Miller.

[​IMG]

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do you even defend yourself against that, when you don’t know how many assailants you’re dealing with?

…is that joke too edgy for the board these days?

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Miller has an advantage in a fight because their gender fluidity comes with the strength of a biological male combined with the societal protection of men not being allowed to hit a woman.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What Miller needs is for someone to dump a handful of wood screws into a gym sock and beat the absolute shit out of him. He’s become a real Emile Hirsch-style of asshole who thinks they can be and abusive piece of shit to everyone around them, so as long as they give a fake apology later or just plain pretend that they can’t remember what they did.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best way I can come up with to explain Ezra Miller is to say that he is the Jeopardy answer to the clue "this person is a menace."

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

So a few days ago we had a lightning strike at the house that knocked out our internet and satellite tv. One call to the satellite tv company (dish network) and they overnighted a new box for free. Small town ISP had someone out today, they installed a new modem and upgraded our fiber speed to like twice what it was, at no cost, and didn’t have to pay for the service call.

The router that got fried was covered under warranty, and I’m out the inconvenience of having to use my phone as a hotspot for a few days.

holy fucking shit that could have been so much worse

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Could have been worse? Not sure it could have been any better.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I would have preferred avoiding the mild heart attack of the whole thing give that I do a lot of work from home. I have two virtual interview sessions next week, the first of which has 80 signups for one day. And I'm the only one doing it. Knowing my luck, about half of them will show up and my voice won't work, much to my wife's enjoyment.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I love biking everywhere but holy fuck my poor legs. I'm only mildly sore, but I am just covered in bruises. Oh the joys of perpetual iron deficiency.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was not aware that bicycling was a contact sport.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

When your name is bewildered, and your klutz level is 100, life is a contact sport.

But seriously, I didn't do a thing to deserve this. It looks like zombies were after me and I barely got away. Stupid red blood cells. I take a ton of iron every day and my body's like nah no thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.