Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] DOG DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My sister and I have cracked each other up quoting that movie for damn near 20 years:
    "One tubby tubby....two tubby tubby...."

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It took you until yesterday to watch that Wayans cinematic masterpiece!?! Drop and give me 25 ass eyes!

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There has to be SOMEBODY out there who needs some killin’!

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We don't have general sports thread, so I'll just throw this here. Has anybody been following the Bishop Sycamore scam game? It is so fucking funny.

ESPN broadcast a high school football game between IMG Academy and Bishop Sycamore. IMG won 58-0. During the broadcast, ESPN realized they'd been had and discussed it. Somehow, Bishop Sycamore was able to fake their credentials into getting this broadcast.

BS (what an appropriate abbreviation!) is an online charter school. The game against IMG was their second game in 3 days, which was also their second game ever. (The first game, both teams wore black jerseys. Really.) They are basically a fake high school. Their head coach supposedly had an active arrest warrant at the time of the game. A lot of the players are Juco dropouts past normal high school age.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, scroll ahead to about the 2:40 mark and listen in.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/we...ing-on-espn-and-its-only-getting-shadier.html

5. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard that he said some crap on a podcast a while back. How bad was it?

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, it was basic frat boy nonsense. From what I read, he was talking about the Price is Right models as "booth-stitutes" or similar language, casually using the word "retard," he talked a bunch about his co-host and her friends looking fat and ugly in certain swimwear and said she had a "Jew-nose" or something like that. He implied that he should have fired a model before she got pregnant. Disparaged people receiving unemployment or social assistance.

The reality was, in any closed setting, or any of these individual comments, this wouldn't be that big a deal. A lot of it might have been stupid or childish but certainly no worse than what is said on this board regularly. But it definitely didn't cast the discrimination lawsuit against him in a good light, and when you publish it in a podcast, repeatedly, then questionably "win" a hosting job following the death of one of the most iconic, squeaky-clean hosts in show biz, it's probably not surprising that he got a bunch of fallout.

Hard to feel bad for him, IMO.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw somewhere (I'll see if I can find the rumor source) that as producer, he also intentionally had some of the guest host episodes edited to make the guest host look bad, giving him a better shot at being tapped for the job.

ETA: Oh, it was different Variety article than the one Zach posted.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-fired-1235045394/

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s pretty fucked up. No wonder all the people who worked there spilled the beans on him.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was this already posted here? I hadn't seen it, so I'm putting it here. Some kids totally pranked the school board meeting. The Chair (or whomever he is) read out the names for the next speakers who had signed up:

Phil McCracken
    Suk Muhdik
    Ophelia McHawk
    Eileen Dover
    Don Keedic
    Wayne Kerr

This was not a Simpsons bit, and the guy read them all with a straight face. Twitter link:
    https://t.co/c9fX3GbejA

11. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So, it took less than 48 hours of no sleep and constant sweating for us to say, "Fuck This" and book a hotel - in Baytown, of all places - to enjoy air conditioning and a warm meal.

Me, the wife, and the cat are currently enjoying the conditioned air and TV. We're booked to stay until Sunday but there's no way in hell our power will be restored before then. More trees than I can count have been knocked down and that many or more telephone poles snapped or laid over up and down our street. We may head back and shack up in the in-laws travel trailer if I can figure out how to get some Wifi to it so I can log in for work.

Oh, and a last little "fuck you" - as we are pulling out the driveway to leave, a truck yanked down the low-hanging cable drop. I had to cut it and roll it up next to the pole since it was draped across the street. So, even if power gets magically restored soon, I (who works for the cable company) will then have to wait for a cable install.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Which one are you having sex with first?

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Baytown, TEXAS?!

Wow, things must be really bad for FUCKING BAYTOWN to be a step up. I have literally never heard ANYTHING good about that place.

Glad you're okay, though.

Hey, whatever happened to the other New Orleans/ Louisiana members?

14. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The air conditioning! Having said that, today is the day I've had the most clothes on. Anything other than gym shorts and a T-shirt was miserable.

Baytown was the first place the wife could find that had vacant rooms and wasn't a dump. And judging by the number of Louisiana license plates in the parking lot, she wasn't the only one to find it.

ETA: I appreciate all the positive vibes and thoughts. I'm hoping for the best for Blue Dog. I believe he may have been in an area that was hit worse than mine, about 30 minutes east of me.

#114 sharkhead nachos, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, I've ordered 2 cases and a couple of shirts to support the cause.

It's all back ordered, so we'll see if/when it shows up. I'll be sure to let you know how it was.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad you're alive and well, and hoping for the same for @Blue Dog .

Wasn't this storm worse than Katrina? It doesn't seem to be featured as much on national news. Will the Saints host a home game in less than 2 weeks with so much power out and damage to area businesses?

I guess Kayne is too busy promoting Donda to complain about George Bush not caring about Black people again?

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fire is now within 3 miles of South Lake. The winds definitely are not helping. There's a very real chance that hundreds of homes are going to be lost. Kind of fucked up thinking but the wife and I were *this* close to buying a cabin there 3-4 months ago but due to Measure T, it wasn't approved for short term rentals. Might've dodged a bullet there.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This storm set some records. However, it didn't have anywhere near the cascade of clusterfuckery associated with Katrina, and just about everyone was much more prepared/organized. FWIW, essentially the same crew that worked Laura is working Ida. Most of the folks I recognize/remember live or have family in LA and can navigate the uniqueness of the state and local governments. For an August hurricane, Ida wasn't a trifling bitch. That said, we've still got a long way to go.

I've sat through classes at the Naval Postgrad school on Katrina, and why it was such a uniquely bad disaster. There have been 3 major legislative reforms and a whole lot of changes since then. Not saying this response is perfect (it ain't...), but for something like Katrina to happen again, you would see this inter-dependent chain of failures and mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.