Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] DAY OF THE DEAD [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I hope to hell it's better then it used to be. That's what kind of turned me off video games to begin with. When the PS2 came out (Before youtube and the ability to actually see a game before buying it) you were pretty much at the mercy of looking at game boxes at Best Buy and thinking "Hey! That looks cool". Then you kicked out $50, brought it home, and found out it was garbage. It happened to me a few times and that was it....no more new games and their $50 price tag. I still have a PS2 and about 50 games for it, and a used PS3 with about 75 games that were all bought used for under $5 each. Anymore, I don't have to be the first one to get my hands on a game...I'll wait a few years and get it on e-bay for $1 plus shipping.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just saw that the video for Fireflies by Owl City was posted to YouTube 8 years ago. I am not comfortable with how old I am.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Forget the newest BF release, they ruined the franchise after Bad Company 2. Battlefield 3 gets nostalgia points now but people hated it when it came out, when it wasn’t crashing that is. Battlefield 4 added nothing new, oh except a few DLCs immediately upon the full game’s release, including one that just had ported BF3 maps. Battlefield 1 was ok, but how exciting can a WW1 shooter be? I’m not bothering with BF5.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Raise your hand if you're about to sue a family member!!!

One of my uncles runs a nursing home, and without knowledge or consent of the rest of the family, he filmed a commercial featuring our grandfather. They portrayed him as being in hospice (he's not, just dementia), and it was so sad I'm not even going to link to the youtube.

Thing is, my grandfather can't consent to filming, and they don't have the power of attorney in order to give consent for him. So now my family is an emotional wreck because the first we heard of it was when we saw it on the local nightly news.

This should be just a cut and dry thing. I could always send them a cease and desist, but the general consensus is that we need to sue in order to get the POA in proper hands and basically take away any profit they got from that commercial.

#44 Revengeofthenerds, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Fuck it. TiB, enjoy the sadness. Watch this, knowing that he can't consent to being videotaped, that none of us (who actually have a power of attorney) would consent to it for him, and that he's not normally like this. He's dying, eventually. But not like that. This is just people out to make a good tv spot.

By the way, if anyone knows a good family attorney, please PM me.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sorry to hear it, dude... you still have those Reality Show guys on speed-dial?

In other news... I bought a leaf vacuum today. Stihl. Turns out I had a $100 credit so it cost me just over $100.

If you had told me 30 years ago that I'd enjoy a Saturday of walking around in my backyard, listening to a John Clark audio book, drinking a beer, while vacuuming leaves with a small Stihl engine running WOT, I'd have laughed at you.

Today? It was a good day.

#46 Nettdata, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And if anyone is wondering if I really need a leaf vacuum... well, this happened overnight...

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pretty much our whole neighbourhood has a big golden maple on every property. Big, heavy-ass leaves. And it rains so much we have short windows to get them while they’re dry.

They fell REALLY late this year, yes? Our tree out front is usually bare by Halloween and it barely lost a leaf until yesterday.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, it seems everything was about a month behind all year... shit started growing a month late, and leaves are a month late...

With all the rain we're getting (the past week, the next week, etc), I said, "fuck it" and just started going to town with the leaves being wet... and it worked just fine. Shredded everything, did a great job. I'll probably finish off what's there tomorrow, and then wait for the rain to go away in a week.

I moved from Vancouver to get away from all this water... it sucks. At least my home office has a fire place in it.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Nah we fucked it up gloriously. I made the mistake (read: proper decision) of bringing over good tequila for shots. We fucked it up so bad for her that jessica simpson had to go on insagram and say she wasn't involved with her anymore.

Last I heard my sister is firing people in order to cut costs and she's taking out lines of credit we all know she can't pay back. That's what she gets for being a bitch.

One day you're in People magazine, the next you get ahead of yourself. Hope she's not happy in that tiny ass house.

#50 Revengeofthenerds, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. If you're going to join TiB, come in with a splash! Or, you know, riding a dragon.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It’s all about flexing to be a mod.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sharona is jealous.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Khalisi sent her pet.

15. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, that was fun while it lasted. I was hoping we were gonna get a picture of him riding that dragon.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm sure if you Googled "riding bad dragon" you'll find what you're looking for.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Can we please have a person join this board while they aren’t on DMT just for once?

That was that “Mr. Sensible” idiot again, wasn’t it?

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don't know... don't care, really... just have zero time to put up with any bullshit these days. If it was funny, that'd be one thing... but that was just mindless drivel.

"His" profile listed "him" as being a 58 year old guy from LA... so who the fuck knows.

At first I thought it was a bot, but was willing to give it a chance... and I've never seen a bot go in and edit a post before, which was interesting.

But the pseudo-intellectual crap was just too much for me to handle on a hung-over Sunday morning. Especially after using the new leaf vacuum all morning while hungover. (WHY!?!?)

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It really is amazing how every time we finally get a new poster they're somehow even more retarded than the last new poster. By the law of averages we should get at least one once in awhile that didn't make you wonder if they were posting from inside an institution.

I assume he thought what he was posting was going to be funny, but that was just... fucking retarded. Not even funny in a laugh at them kind of way.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nah, I think he thought it was going to be deep.... to show just how much more enlightened and mystical he is compared to the rest of us.

It's like listening to that old chick who grew up hot so didn't have to do anything other than be hot, so didn't grow as a person, or get an education, who now finds herself in her 40's and not hot anymore, who gravitates to crystals and mysticism and spirits because it makes them feel enlightened and smart about something, which is easy to do when it's all just made up bullshit anyway. "I know something you don't" to help them feel better about themselves. Yeah... because it's bullshit and we don't buy into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.