Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] DAIQUIRI DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

July 19th. Happy National Daiquiri Day!

Pleased to meet ya, Daiquiri Divine.
    [​IMG]

I'm not one to make a daiquiri but in light of the holiday, now might be a good time to spring for a blender that can obliterate ice for blended daiquiris, smoothies, and blended coffee drinks. Ok, by volume my list of drinks is in reverse. But today, it's all about DAIQUIRIS WOO!

Classic daiquiri:
    INGREDIENTS
    • 2 ounces light rum
    • 1 ounce plus one teaspoon fresh lime juice
    • 1/2 ounce simple syrup
    PREPARATION
    In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously, then strain into cocktail glass.

The TREAT YOSELF BLENDED STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI recipe

INGREDIENTS:
    • One 12-ounce bag frozen strawberries
    • 6 ounces light rum
    • 4 ounces lime juice
    • 5 tablespoons sugar
    • 6 fresh strawberry slices, for garnish
    PREPARATION:
    In a blender, combine the frozen strawberries, rum, lime juice and sugar. Blend until smooth and divide among 6 highball or hurricane-style glasses. Garnish each glass with a strawberry slice and serve immediately.

Any comments on the best blender for drinks? I've heard good things about the Bullet and the Ninja. Personally I have owned some Oster and Black and Decker models that sucked. It is to spring for a solid machine.

Happy Daiquiri Day. And happy Friday! Get it, cuz you deserve it.

Alt focus: let's hear all about your vasectomy.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You mentioned blended coffee drinks. I love me some bullet proof coffee or keto coffee or whatever the cool kids call it now. I make it with some kerrigan’s butter and coconut oil. Damn good way to start the morning.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Start it by running to the bathroom holding your ass closed with your hands because of what you’ve done to yourself.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine was great. My original doctor retired so I had the pleasure of two guys checking out the ol' twig and berries.

As far as blended drinks go, I can never get the ice right. It's either chunky or melts in 30 secsonds. Can't seem to get that emulsion down.

My absolute favorite blended drink is a guava berry coleda from Sint Maarten. http://www.spachethespatula.com/the-famous-sint-maarten-guavaberry-colada/

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like I shot my wad too soon in the previous WDT.

6. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After the week I've had, I may make a run to the nearest daiquiri shop.

Had it done about 13 years ago. Standard recovery: ice packs or bags of frozen peas, lay around the house for 2-3 days, some discomfort that was gone by day 4.
    The worst part was being told to arrive at 9 AM then waiting until almost 1 PM to have the procedure done. That's a long time to think about someone making an incision and then cutting on your plumbing.
    I was warned about the smell of the cauterizing, and yes... the smell of your junk being burnt is unsettling.
    It was nice to have 2 fairly attractive nurses assisting the doctor.

7. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I find the timing of this rather fitting as I'm going to be getting a vasectomy tomorrow.

I'm more than willing to suffer some discomfort to ensure I never have another child.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

My biological father got a vasectomy after my younger brother was born (fun fact: I'm the only one of 6 kids who was on purpose). They gave him a shot to numb the pain, but apparently it didn't take or they put it in the wrong spot, because he felt the entirety of the snipping and cauterizing.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They sent me to the wrong office so I had to do the cross town CannonBall Run in order to get there on time and was risked right into the room.

I had two younger guys helping. Afterwards while I was getting dressed and they were cleaning up the room, I asked them "Since you guys have seen the procedure done from the other end, would you get one?" They both got wide eyed and vigorously shook their heads "NO!" I'm guessing due to the small, single incision (some docs do two cuts) they saw tubes pulled to the outside that should be on the inside.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

My balls hurt more reading that. Thanks.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have a weak stomach or anything but that bullet proof coffee is too much fat in one go for me. I will say Starbucks has this new cold foam drink where they froth chilled milk. Very, very good.

I might just do a banana daiquiri because I liked that scene in Godfather II. I do have lime juice and light rum but Ive been on a mojito kick lately and it's like 137 degrees outside.

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried to get a vasectomy after Li'l Bandit was born, when I was 18-19. Every place I went to refused, because I had to either A) Be 25 or older, or B) Have three or more kids.

I just gave up on it, but it's always been in the back of my mind. I can't say I won't ever do it, but I don't currently have plans for it.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I once vasectomied a cat with my then girlfriend's father. I was 21. Somehow one thing led to another and Dad and I were out in the garage drunk (Duh) and performing surgery as it were. A bit of whiskey forced down the cat's throat and it's eyes eventually rolled back and it quit trying to bite me. It was either dead or ready to be sterilized.

We went with the latter and removed it's balls and slathered everything with some purple Jesus. The cat lived. It never came near me again.

I'm pretty sure dad wanted to do the same thing to me, but I was respectful enough not to knock his daughter up. The dude castrated things in his garage while drunk, that's not someone you want upset at you for defiling his little girl.

14. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So that wasn't the most comfortable thing I've had to endure. So far the worst part was when they had to clamp the tubes which felt like someone grabbing my balls really hard.

I have the feeling it's going feel like I've been kicked hard in the balls once the anesthetic wears off.

15. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Good practice for the next soprano competition you enter

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's not dress it up. You drugged and molested a cat. You're the fever dream mashup of Bill Cosby and that recently released trailer for the film version of Cats.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I worked with a guy who was a farmer before he moved here from down South. Said they always neutered the barn cats themselves, just did it when they were real young. The way he described it, it sounded pretty easy. But then again he also had again "coon pick toothpick" he'd made, so...

I helped castrate an older pig one time. I was a kid and had to help hold a leg. That's an experience I'll never forget.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So what's everyone doing to celebrate the Moon Landing anniversary? I hadn't even thought about the HBO series From the Earth to the Moon until just now, I may binge watch it. Any good docs streaming?

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Here’s a favourite of mine:

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there a name for the feeling when the turd is so long that it stands up against the bottom of the bowl, and as you pinch it off, the end comes to rest, ever so gently, against the back of your nutsack?

Because I hate that feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.