Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] CINCO DE MAYO [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Who will be breaking out the tequila tonight?

upload_2023-5-5_13-32-2.png

I was reading about the holiday and the ad on the website is just perfect.

Screenshot_20230505-132847.png

Happy Friday you idiots!

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No tequila, but I'm celebrating by eating a fifth of mayonnaise.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I used to love mayo sandwiches when I was a kid.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need to find a hangoverless intoxicant. I want to go out tonight but the thought of being shitbird useless hungover until Tuesday does not sound enticing.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both of y'all are disgusting, and give white people a bad name. Mayonnaise is the Devil's semen.

My man, there is an answer: WATER. Drink it while you're drinking. Drink it after you're finished. Drink it the next day. I have been drinking alcohol every day for years, and I drink a shitload of water. I have to REALLY overdo it to get a bad hangover.

With that said, fuck tequila. Not that I can't "handle it," but the flavor is fucking terrible. You're still going to be tasting it the next day, and not in a good way.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

You seriously dont think Ive tried the most common supposed "cure" there is? Ive tried drinking full pedialytes before and after.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just trying to help. Sorry you're a puss-ass.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’d like to see the Venn Diagram of the people who jumped on the crypto bandwagon that are now on the AI bandwagon. 50% of them refer to themselves as a, “[buzzword] evangelist.”

LinkedIn makes me want to kill myself.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work for a medical company, and a nurse I worked with went to a medical tech conference a number of years ago.

She came back from the conference and, the moment she came in, she marched over to my desk and demanded to know how we could "start using blockchain in our products." I asked her what she thought we should do with it and she looked at me like I had 3 heads. After a fruitless back-and-forth, she stormed off muttering that we were going to get left behind our competitors because we "couldn't use blockchain."

10. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've removed the words "machine learning" from my LinkedIn page and changed it to computer aided" for this reason.

Even still for some reason loads of dudes from Africa and the Middle East on LinkedIn have decided I'm an expert on not only Lithium mineralization (it's a field I work in sure) but investing regulations and the legal aspects of mining projects in Sweden (I am literally clueless) and are constantly messaging me for guidance on how to get started with setting up a mine here. I have no idea how they all find me, or why they decided I'm their guy. I've gotten 8 requests this past week.

They are nice and polite, but honestly introducing social media to the third world (or just the world) seems like it was a bad idea.

11. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

It's more than 50%, and as someone who didn't like crypto (but worked in it because reasons) who is now (pre-GPT) in AI, it's definitely something else to watch the absolute fucking tidal wave of serial grifters flying in the window.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else watch the coronation? I know I know USAUSAUSA Slave trade imperialist blah blah blah but Im a sucker for historical moments like this. Reading up on the history of all the regalia. Going down the wikipedia rabbit hole of king after king and so on.

Also the chick wielding the sword is stacked:
    [​IMG]

#12 Kubla Kahn, May 6, 2023
    Last edited: May 6, 2023
  13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It’s the present-day version of the Gold Rush hysteria. By the time the random prospectors start showing up in their wagons, all the claims were already spoken for.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What exactly are they grifting. Bitcoin there was a financial product you could peddle, pay for. What if the product these AI grifters are selling?

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In tech, there’s a lot of grifters that BS their way around. They try to position themselves as an authority on what we the trendy thing is in hoping some VC or founder will scoop them up and bring them along for a ride on a unicorn. That almost never happens because, 1) the field is wildly oversaturated and, 2) anyone who actually knows what they’re talking about doesn’t need to post that kind of bullshit. They’re too busy working on some project.

16. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

"Financial product" is hardly what the large portion of crypto grifters were trying to sell everyone on. The scams, the speedrunning of financial crime from the last 100 years, the pumps and dumps of non-projects, etc.

With AI, it's people taking an untuned model, wrapping the interface provided by the open source project, and then selling it to companies knowing nothing about the product, its limitations, how it works, how to keep it up to date, how to tune it, etc. Riding another wave of FOMO pumped and perpetuated by completely credulous and stupid media peeps. It's also being used to scam people and do social engineering to do crimes.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Woohoo! London Knights won the Western Conference of the OHL and are through to the championships.

It was really entertaining hockey. I usually find it more entertaining than the NHL.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kevin Pollack is a seriously underrated comedian/actor. Here's a link to a story he told on the Rich Eisen show today about Jack Nicholson on the set of "A Few Good Men." Just brilliant story telling.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He really is good.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.