Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] CAR COLLECTOR DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy National Car Collector Day.

Some of you gents here just love your cars. Some of the currently loved classics were things you owned back in the day or are ones you have drooled about since you were a teenager @toytoy88 . Some of you are great under the hood and have an appreciation built on love of the car from engine to body style @dixiebandit69 . Any idiots posses a nice "collection" worthy whip ("hoowip")? What's your favorite that you'll only ever own in your dreams?

[​IMG]

Happy Friday. Hopefully you are able to escape the heat and have a little R&R this weekend. Our temps are spiking up a little again but it's no 118 so I'll take it.

upload_2021-7-9_8-34-26.png

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell.

Woke up this morning at about 4am to a cat screeching like hell outside, and then my cat going nuts from inside trying to get outside.

Look outside later on, and there are 3 cats running around. We think the new neighbour's cats got out so knock on their door.

"Oh, no, one of our cats is in heat and it got out last night..."

Great.

There is now a lineup at the window of their house where the cat in heat got out. There must be 6-8 cats roaming the area now.

IMG_4986.jpg

3. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all didn't see Bob Barker telling you to spay or neuter your pets?

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was thinking the same thing.

In 58-67 days, y'all gonna have some new kittens on the block. Kitty needs a morning after pill. Yes, I googled that so you wouldn't have to.

Prostaglandin F2 alpha - This is a natural hormone that has been shown to induce a safe abortion for cats when monitored by a health professional. Most side effects are often mild, if present at all. Some of the drug's known side effects include panting, trembling, nausea and diarrhea.

Dexamethasone - This is also a viable option to induce an abortion for pets. The injection is usually followed by side effects, such as panting, excessive drinking (polydispia) and urination (polyuria)

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's not my cat... and the neighbours are kind of retarded.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Quit being catty

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This zucchini bread is delicious. I don't care if hubs says it looks lik somebody fucked it. More, please.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you use a toilet paper tube in the pan to achieve that recently-violated look?

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Bunt pan, actually.

Then it stuck really badly and was all fucked up on the top.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Fuck the heat. I'm dying over here y'all.

rn.PNG

As far as cars...oh my. I could go on and on about one's I've owned or want to own...

One I owned that I don't think I've mentioned here before is my 1950 Ford pick up. I picked it up without an engine in a trade somewhere along the line when I was 16 or 17. I also had an old 392 Chrysler Hemi sitting around and it seemed to be a perfect match to me. It took me a week, but I finally got the engine mounted in the truck. Then came the problem of a transmission. Even back then I loathed automatics, as long as my legs work I'll always want a manual transmission. This proved problematic with an old Hemi....as far as I know, they were always mated to automatics from the factory. Adapters were available to mate them to manual trannies, but they were far from my budget at that age.

So I went with plan B. Out came the Hemi and in went a 327 (Small block Chevys were pretty much plug and play for any application back then), and I had an old 3 speed (And a Hurst floor shifter) I'd dropped from something laying around. I drove it around the block about 12 hours after yanking the Hemi. As light as that truck was combined with 350+ horsepower, it was instant street cred. That thing went like hell even though it wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind.

Just another one of my toys I'd love to have back.

As far as what car would be my dream car, that changes all the time. Right now I'd say one of the original Dodge Vipers. They're the perfect example of what a toy should be. Devoid of any practicality and even at what is now considered a meager 400 horsepower, there's only one reason to have one: Fun and scaring the shit out of yourself.

One of these days I'll probably say "Fuck it" and just buy one. Of course by the time I come to that decision they'll probably be priced waaay out of my price range.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I always wanted to take an old Wrangler and shove a Cummins 4bt into it.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In the midst of all this pain with the broken leg, torn ligaments on both legs, and potentially a broken other leg as well (had xrays this morning, will get confirmation when the doctor opens on monday)... my birthday present was a new truck. "As long as it's under $90k I don't care."

Ooooookkkkkk!!!!! Time to go put in an order for the new 2022 F-250!!

Also, this made my day:

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I've had a few friends with old Jeeps with 401 AMC's in them. They'd break your damn neck when they hit the throttle..

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

goddamnit my wife mixed red Mike and Ike's in with my hot tamales

Next time she has to shower me I'm definitely farting on her

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Been an interesting week.

Since the RV is now in the driveway, I've been trying to get it some shore power. It's a thirsty bitch, and takes 50 amps. Well, that's a problem.

My house is old enough that it's only got about 100 amp service. That comes into the house in the laundry/furnace room, and then I have a run going across the house that pops out into a pony panel in the garage. Turns out that panel is only 40 amps all in. That's the panel that needs to feed the RV, as well as my shop.

"I should up the service to the house... how hard can that be?"

Fucking hell.

First, I did some math with what I'd like to do in the shop (220v all around, both a running machine and a kick-ass dust extractor), maybe future resellability to have a nice Tesla/Porsche/EV port in the garage, etc, and it worked out to "300 amp service, please."

Nope.

City only allows 200 amps max to houses (non-commercial) in my part of the city.

Fucking hell. FINE. I'll take 200 amps then please.

Well then, it's... involved.

• kill the power to the house
    • dig up and run a new master line
    • terminate it at a new meter capable of handling it
    • that means replace the meter
    • then run it to the main electrical panel
    • oh, hey, you need a new panel then...
    • run a higher amp line to the garage because the one that was initially run isn't enough... so that means drywall/paint and other interior work.
    • new panel out in the garage
    • run new 240v lines into the shop, seeing as when dad had the shop initially built onto the back of the garage, ZERO consideration for future upgrades to 240 was taken into account... it's all 15amp 120. Joy.

So yeah... waiting list of 8 months. Cost about $25-30k.

For now, I just picked up my new generator today and will run that when I want high end shore power to the RV. Otherwise, I have a 30 amp outlet for my welders in the garage that I'm making a pigtail for that will at least give me enough juice in the RV to run one of the two AC units... that should be good enough.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Funny story about picking up the new generator.

I showed up, and they apparently had sold the last Honda i2200 Companion to two people, me and someone else. I was there, the other dude wasn't.
    My sales guy started to go toe-to-toe with the other sales guy.
    They weren't sure how to handle it, and the other sales guy had technically sold it first, so it was looking like I might be shit out of luck.

The owner of the place (it was Hully Gully, in case Crown is curious), wanders up to see what the issue is, and when we're introduced, and he's filled in, I say, "you owe me this generator... big time."

"wut?"

So I told him the story...

Way back when, dad bought a generator from these guys.
    Mom had no idea... it was dad's little secret, for us to use at the hunt camp. w00t!
    Needless to say, some MBA moron at Hully Gully called dad's number a month later as a customer satisfaction survey follow up, except Mom answered the phone.
    "Hello, this is Hully Gully, and we're wondering how <dad> is enjoying his new generator?"
    "uhhh... his new what now?"
    "generator... we have it in our records that he spent <more-money-than-mom-would-allow> on a really nice new generator, and we just wanted to ensure it was working as well he was expecting."
    "oh, it's fine... thanks... he's quite happy with it... thanks for calling."
    And that was the end of it, for a bit... she had zero clue he'd done that, and she didn't bring it up to dad, but it was chambered for later use.

Sure enough, mom and dad are out at some garden centre a few months later and mom wants a stupid-nice/expensive water feature for the back yard, and dad says, "oh, it's way too expensive, and will be a ton of yearly maintenance... no way", to which mom replies with, "oh really? because I think you have zero say in this, Generator Boy."
    Dad's eyes went wide, his mouth shut, and there was a long pause... but he didn't say a word and dug out his credit card, and they got the nice water feature.

After hearing this, the owner of Hully Gully laughed, pointed at me, and said, "oh, he gets this generator... and thanks for that hilarious story".

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@Nettdata I discovered the same thing about needing a new panel and electric service upgrade to the house when I was dead set on a tankless whole house water heater. Same dealie, same pricing you're uncovering.

Sooo, we now have an efficient heat pump water heater in the garage instead.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ours will run the single air conditioner, 18,000 btu I think, and lights and refrigerator on a 15 amp house plug with an adapter. Wife and I camped in the driveway with this setup for nearly a week for her brothers wedding while family stayed in our house.

You have to cut the AC off if you want to microwave something is the only thing you have to do differently. With soft starters added to the air conditioners, 30 amp might run both of yours, depending on there size. Surely that new trailer has LED lighting and everything else should be pretty miserly when it come to power consumption, with the exception of microwave and the two ACs.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the 4bt would be the ultimate off-road engine. Small, but with plenty of torque.
    Yes, I would turbo it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.